Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!!

+8
2seaoat
gulfbeachbandit
cool1
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 5:15 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Aaahhh10

The phone rang....... I answered, saying: "Hello?" There was a pause, and I could hear the low rumble of call-center background noise. I steeled myself for the pitch......  A foreign male voice said: "Hello, can I speak to Belinda please?" I paused for a nanosecond--there is nobody named  Belinda in my house....

I couldn't help myself..... It came out of my inner-being: 'THERE IS NO ONE NAMED BELINDA HERE, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!"

And then, I hung the phone up.....

We are on both the national and the Florida Do Not Call list. Yet they keep calling. Robocalls telling us our neighborhood is under assault and we qualify for a free home security system. Robocalls telling us we qualify for lower interest rates on our credit cards.

You can press 3 to be removed from the calling list, but that never works. You can press to talk to someone, and ask them why they keep calling us, but that never works. Sometimes I tell them to stuff-it.

Then, at Christmas time, non-profits start calling and begging you for money. They are not covered by the Do Not Call list. There is no way in HELL I am donating to a non-profit that uses a call-center. Call centers would be wise to give their workers private offices, or find a way to tune out the background noise of a boiler-room--that noise is a dead giveaway and a total turnoff. I am going to be generous this Christmas to a good cause that I picked myself, without the aid of someone calling me, so Bug-Off, MF!

Postscript: As I was proofing this post, a guy named John called. He told me the reason he was calling was because we head either a Visa or a Mastercard.... I didn't tell this guy to F-off, but I did tell him I was not interested in listening to his pitch, and hung up.

Sometimes I just want to blow up the phone........

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 5:51 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Aaahhh10

The phone rang....... I answered, saying: "Hello?" There was a pause, and I could hear the low rumble of call-center background noise. I steeled myself for the pitch......  A foreign male voice said: "Hello, can I speak to Belinda please?" I paused for a nanosecond--there is nobody named  Belinda in my house....

I couldn't help myself..... It came out of my inner-being: 'THERE IS NO ONE NAMED BELINDA HERE, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!"

And then, I hung the phone up.....

We are on both the national and the Florida Do Not Call list. Yet they keep calling. Robocalls telling us our neighborhood is under assault and we qualify for a free home security system. Robocalls telling us we qualify for lower interest rates on our credit cards.

You can press 3 to be removed from the calling list, but that never works. You can press to talk to someone, and ask them why they keep calling us, but that never works. Sometimes I tell them to stuff-it.

Then, at Christmas time, non-profits start calling and begging you for money. They are not covered by the Do Not Call list. There is no way in HELL I am donating to a non-profit that uses a call-center. Call centers would be wise to give their workers private offices, or find a way to tune out the background noise of a boiler-room--that noise is a dead giveaway and a total turnoff. I am going to be generous this Christmas to a good cause that I picked myself, without the aid of someone calling me, so Bug-Off, MF!

Postscript: As I was proofing this post, a guy named John called. He told me the reason he was calling was because we head either a Visa or a Mastercard.... I didn't tell this guy to F-off, but I did tell him I was not interested in listening to his pitch, and hung up.

Sometimes I just want to blow up the phone........

Feel better?

They are a pain in ass, however, not nearly as bad as door to door solicitors and Jehovah Witnesses.

3!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 5:55 pm

Sal

Sal

I just never answer the phone unless I recognize the number.

4!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 6:09 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If telemarketers didn't sell more than they cost they wouldn't exist. So stop buying crap and they will go away..

5!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 6:15 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm with Sal, I don't answer if I don't recognize the number.  If it's important, they'll leave a message.

6!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 6:59 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You mean I should join the 21st Century and put Caller ID on our phone?  What a Face 

I have so far resisted putting costly extra services on our phone, but that may at least a partial solution.... Might have to think about it.

I sure wish there was a way to identify those ambush-robocallers who are breaking the law, and calling us incessantly in spite of it.

7!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:02 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't think we're charged extra for called ID on our Comcast plan, but I would pay a couple of dollars a month extra for it...it's worth it!

8!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:04 pm

cool1

cool1

I do not like those calls where they call and you didn't give your number out to them--GOOD-BY-- Laughing 

9!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:08 pm

There are some that change their id to that of cell phone or other innocuous identities... it's invasive.

Here is an example of the govt pretending to protect the populace... but unwilling to actually censor corporations.

10!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:14 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

People still have land lines? Why?
I did away with mine a decade ago. It serves no purpose.

11!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:22 pm

2seaoat

I am sorry I do not take phone solicitations, thank you....hang up.......this polite response works for me. I used to get angry, but life is too short.

12!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:23 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:People still have land lines? Why?
I did away with mine a decade ago. It serves no purpose.

I don't have a land line... and have only given my number to call backs on services I have requested.

13!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

We still have a "land line" although technically I guess it's not a land line any more.

I do not want people outside my family and close friends calling me on my cell phone.   For business dealings, I give my "land line" number.

14!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I will just say that I think cell phones have made people more rude.  Not to mention, dangerous behind the wheel.  Even if they aren't driving, I think people should pay attention to the people they're having dinner with, visiting with, etc. Instead of being on the damn phone all the time.

OK, Z had his little rant....that was mine! Twisted Evil

15!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:44 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

When I have in the past answered the telemarketing calls, I responded to them, before they finished their sales pitch: "Thank you, but I'm not interested".  And then I promptly hung up.   I guess it's not really a nice response, but I was never deliberately rude or nasty, either.   Those people are just trying to make a living, I'm sure they are not enjoying making the calls and getting cursed at, and there is no point getting angry with them.    But it's just wasting my time AND their time if I allow them to ramble on with their sales pitch for several minutes.

16!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 7:54 pm

2seaoat

When I have in the past answered the telemarketing calls, I responded to them, before they finished their sales pitch: "Thank you, but I'm not interested". And then I promptly hung up. I guess it's not really a nice response, but I was never deliberately rude or nasty, either. Those people are just trying to make a living, I'm sure they are not enjoying making the calls and getting cursed at, and there is no point getting angry with them. But it's just wasting my time AND their time if I allow them to ramble on with their sales pitch for several minutes.

Complete agreement. People who are doing their job should not be the target of abuse. They are stuck, and your method is exactly the right way to deal with them. In my fiesty days, I had gotten four phone calls from bill collectors who had my number for a John Doe......after giving them a polite response, I finally said just a minute let me get John. I laid the phone down and watched TV.......five minutes later the characteristic beeps of a broken connection, and I hung up the phone. Next, night.....same thing, but this time only about two minutes. I thought I had solved the problem. I then started getting thirty calls a day from various creditors looking for John Doe........It took me a month and a half after that to be polite and explain that John Doe did not live there. Sometimes polite works at many levels, and rude is not smart.

17!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 9:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My favorite....

18!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:03 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:My favorite....

Wow.... That was awesome......

19!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:26 pm

Sal

Sal

Why would anyone have a land line in 2013?

20!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:37 pm

Sal wrote:Why would anyone have a land line in 2013?

Some tele marketers use robo phone dialers. Your cell phone is not immune from these attacks.

21!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:38 pm

Markle

Markle

gulfbeachbandit wrote:People still have land lines?  Why?
I did away with mine a decade ago.  It serves no purpose.

I did away with it about five years ago.  Haven't missed it at all.

I pondered it for months.  After all, it was the TELEPHONE.  For years I had been putting only my cell number on business cards, signs and advertising.  My land line was forwarded to my cell phone.  I realized that even when I was home, the call would be forwarded to my cell and I'd answer the cell.

22!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:42 pm

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:
Sal wrote:Why would anyone have a land line in 2013?

Some tele marketers use robo phone dialers.  Your cell phone is not immune from these attacks.

I know. 

I choose not not to answer them. 

My question remains the same. 

23!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:43 pm

Markle

Markle

And, after all this grumbling and whining...cold calls still work.

24!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:44 pm

Some people have them for fax machines.

25!!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: !!!!!!!!TELEMARKETERS!!!!!!!! 12/11/2013, 11:47 pm

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:Some people have them for fax machines.

What's a "fax machine"?

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum