Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The POWER of love.....is a curious thing....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat

It is a powerful force. An animal needs love and security. My daughter and her husband insisted in keeping our dog's sibling in a cage. We would cage ours as a puppy only at night and she was free to go into and out of her cage all day long with my wife retired. Ellie was caged until they returned from work. She was not abused as the kids gave a great deal of love, but she was neglected in our opinion of the warmth of cuddling and freedom. She was always anxious and would chew things up. Our dog did little of that. We got to keep her for two weeks and never caged her and let her get in beds and on furniture, and every night gave her half hour belly rubs. She was calm and a good dog in two weeks and just was joyous to run free on the islands. She is a totally different dog now, and I sometimes think of children caught up in the hustle bustle of this world not necessarily being abused, but neglected, and the ramifications of the same.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum