Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fed power grab...sheriffs stripped of arrest power.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://www.examiner.com/article/effort-to-abolish-local-sheriffs-a-stealth-federal-power-grab

A news report has been quietly making its way around the alternative media, under the radar screen, concerning a Delaware legal decision to strip county sheriffs of their arrest powers in the state.

The mainstream media has not reported the story, but the son of Vice President Joe Biden, who serves as Attorney General for the state of Delaware, has issued a mandate to county commissioners informing them that sheriffs in the state's three counties no longer have arrest powers.

When the information reached this reporter late yesterday evening, further investigation revealed that there is a nationwide effort to strip local sheriffs of most of their enumerated powers that are mandated in the state constitutions of the various states. Such a move would have the net effect of abolishing local sheriffs departments and strengthening the power of federal law enforcement agencies.

And this is not the first time such an effort has been launched.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

in 1935 President Franklin D. Roosevelt was set to eliminate all of the 48 states in order to implement nine regional governments that would operate as extensions of the federal government. All local law enforcement would be eliminated. The plan failed, but the fact that it was attempted points to an ever present, insidious stealth plan on the part of some within the federal government to take away the right of the people and the states to elect their own local law enforcement and to vastly strengthen the hand of the numerous federal law enforcement agencies that currently operate throughout America

....The move to weaken and dismantle sheriffs offices around the country is viewed by Constitutional watchdogs as an ominous signal in a broader attempt to usurp the rights of citizens on the local level in lieu of an expanded nationalized police force under the control of a federal bureaucracy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/04/sheriff-jeff-christopher-delaware-arresting-power_n_1546089.html

Since the 1940's, Delaware sheriffs have been process servers, not peace officers. Because of the small size of the state, local police and state police handle law enforcement duties. So it's actually this particular sheriff trying to grab power and make a name for himself with the Tea Party, when in all actuality he's trying to usurp the duties of the state and local police. And it's actually the Delaware STATE AG (who happens to be the son of the VP) who's opposing Christopher's power grab.

2seaoat

in 1935 President Franklin D. Roosevelt was set to eliminate all of the 48 states in order to implement nine regional governments

please show a credible source.......

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:in 1935 President Franklin D. Roosevelt was set to eliminate all of the 48 states in order to implement nine regional governments

please show a credible source.......

https://gunnyg.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/there-is-an-effort-afoot-to-abolish-the-power-of-the-county-sheriff-by-anthony-martin-save-america-foundation/

here ya go pay no attention to the art work.....Fed power grab...sheriffs stripped of arrest power. 2v84xz10

2seaoat

T a blog is not a source......it is a fantasy.....you need to understand that I am not busting your balls by asking questions which require minimal verification. So, now you will link Leroy's blog page and you think this is honest? I would like to see any biography of President Roosevelt, or any Historian who shows an actual attempt to eliminate states in America. I am a student of American History, and these fantasies are so sophomoric that it really has to be tongue in cheek.......and we both know you in fact do mess with people by posting absurd propositions.

Why would a central govt want an elected position in charge of local police powers... limited as it is?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Why would a central govt want an elected position in charge of local police powers... limited as it is?

You're right...what would be the point. It's fearmongering...not to say the Feds are lacking in power. Delaware laws and even this particular tradition are what works for their state. The "reports" are distorted to fit an agenda...that of making the Federal government into a boogie man, and at the same time trying to make the Vice President's son guilty by association. Stupid article. I notice when I research these things that a slew of sites will pick up the same story verbatim without anyone appearing to verify the truth. If you throw enough mud at the wall, eventually some of it will stick.

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Why would a central govt want an elected position in charge of local police powers... limited as it is?

You're right...what would be the point. It's fearmongering...not to say the Feds are lacking in power. Delaware laws and even this particular tradition are what works for their state. The "reports" are distorted to fit an agenda...that of making the Federal government into a boogie man, and at the same time trying to make the Vice President's son guilty by association. Stupid article. I notice when I research these things that a slew of sites will pick up the same story verbatim without anyone appearing to verify the truth. If you throw enough mud at the wall, eventually some of it will stick.

You're right... what's the point really to have a locally elected official that administers the law. you got me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum