Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The secret to a happier, healthier life: Just retire

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-secret-to-a-happier-healthier-life-just-retire-2015-07-27

We find that retirement improves both happiness and health. We find that life satisfaction improves immediately upon retirement and these effects are long-lasting. While we don’t find immediate effects on measurable health outcomes, we do find positive health impacts four or more years beyond retirement. This finding is consistent with the idea that health changes slowly over time so that retirement can have long run health benefits. We find no effect of retirement on health care utilization.

We were surprised that the positive impact of retirement on reported well being was long lasting as many life events have been found to have only short-run effects that fade over time. Past studies also haven’t found measurable health impacts of retirement so the fact that there are long-run health benefits is a new finding. We believe that this finding is the result of data that covers a longer time period. Finally, our findings suggest that these health benefits are not the result of increased health care utilization as most measures of utilization are not affected by retirement.

note :These results can be effected by a high speed motorcycle wreck.....

2seaoat

I have seen too many retire and die within a year of the same. People who did not develop a transition plan, and had no hobbies or activities. I will never retire completely. Take time off when I want, and work when I want.....better than straight up retirement.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum