Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

cannibalism and selling body parts ok under Islam..

+4
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

That thread is about republicans and their divorced-from-reality views.  I linked to a poll that states that over half of the republican base believes that Obama is a muslim.  Nothing in that thread speaks to the religion of islam itself, and I certainly didn't make any comments that speak to the religion itself.  In fact, my only contribution to that thread was the underlying poll.  That's it.  And aside from that, there is a term for people who respond to polls by saying that Obama is muslim:  Useful idiots.

If you honestly believe that that post is an example of me making a concession to islam, well, not only are you a "useful idiot" but you're effectively illiterate as well.

Let's say that I created a thread about this poll (below) which states that 30% of GOP voters feel we should bomb Agrabah - which is a city from the animated Disney film Aladdin.  Does that mean I'm making a concession to Disney films, the movie Aladdin, or Agrabah?  Or would a literate person see that and correctly determine that the subject of the thread is republicans and their ignorant, uninformed beliefs?   The underlying subject of such a thread would be useful idiots, wouldn't it?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/12/18/aladdin_poll_30_percent_of_republican_primary_voters_would_bomb_agrabah.html

Last chance for PkrBum.  Can you support your assertion or is this another example of you exhibiting the fact that you are a useful idiot?

Uh oh...it's happening again.

In political jargon, useful idiot is a term for people perceived as propagandists for a cause whose goals they are not fully aware of, and who are used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Speaking of useful idiots in 2008.

cannibalism and selling body parts ok under Islam.. - Page 2 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The funny thing is... is that I truly can't stand organized religion... churches, mosques, temples. You have conditions... extra bias... a learned leftist anti-christian agenda. As far as religions go today... islam is fostering extreme anti-social themes.

Right? You can't seriously compare one to the other in an objective way and determine them to be the same.

I've stated my views on religion exhaustively.  They're all wrong.  They're all bad.  They're all a negative influence on humanity today.  If christianity had a stronghold on government as it had in the past and as islam has today, it would be just as repulsive, just as violent, just as disrespectful towards women, christians would be sentencing to death just as many gay people, etc, etc.   They are the same.  

PkrBum wrote:Why don't you go ahead a find one time when you've ridiculed or called out criticism of christianity... just one.

You keep repeating this and I keep answering.  Can you not read?  I can't find example of me refuting arguments that haven't been made!  It's amazing that you can't seem to wrap you head around this concept.  

I also can't provide an example of  me ridiculing the concept of prematurely slaughtering camels for a food source.  Why?  No one has floated such an idea for me to ridicule.

I also can't provide an example of me ridiculing the concept using the same toilet paper for 10 years before throwing away.  Why?  no one has floated such an idea.

In my last post, I asked you to provide one example - just one - of you ridiculing or calling out the idea that all hindu people are rapist.  Why can't you do that, PkrBum?  Huh?  Huh?  I guess if you can't provide one of these examples, it must therefore mean that you do in fact believe that all hindu are rapists.  Right?  I mean, right?  

You're committing the logical fallacy of burden of proof here.  And I clearly laid that out for you in my last post.  You seem to believe that you can make any claim that you like, and everyone should assume it to be true...UNLESS...they can disprove your claim.  You seem to believe that your word is golden and thus requires no supporting evidence.   This suggests that not only are you stupid, no only are you a useful idiot, not only are you effectively illiterate, but you're also incredibly immature and possess an air of entitlement.  I believe 2seaoat may have sensed as much in the past.

See you later, PkrDumb! Until next time!

Islam is largely bad... misogynist, racist, violent, intolerant... and does harm to it's society. It's much worse than christianity. Instead of directly acknowledging that... you pander. One is MUCH worse than the other... there's really no comparison... like you make.

You couldn't even survive under islam... but are free to do as you please in a majority christian country.

Can you see any difference there?

No... I didn't think you would.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Islam is largely bad... misogynist, racist, violent, intolerant... and does harm to it's society. It's much worse than christianity. Instead of directly acknowledging that... you pander. One is MUCH worse than the other... there's really no comparison... like you make.

PkrBum, are these words (quote below) that I wrote too cryptic for you to understand?  Are you not able to wrap your head around these concepts?  I ask because your post here suggests that you can't.  Let me dumb it down for you.  What I'm saying below is that, yes, today we see more violence and misery being wraught by islam than we do from christianity.  We are certainly still seeing plenty of violence and and misery wraught by christianity, but not to the degree that we do with islam.   Dumbing that down even further, that is effectively me saying that in the context of today, the acts being committed in the name of islam today are worse and more frequent than acts being committed in the name of christianity today.  This is me acknowledging precisely what you're saying I refuse to acknowledge.   I'm simply going further and saying, though that is the case, the underlying religions of christianity and islam themselves are no different and are equally as wrong, barbaric, and oppresive.  If the people who are today wielding islam were wielding christianity instead, they would be no less violent.  The only difference is that western culture was able to defeat christianity and wrestle it from government (not entirely by any means, just moreso than the middle east) whereas the middle east is currently under the firm grip of religion and theocracy.

boards of FL wrote:I've stated my views on religion exhaustively.  They're all wrong.  They're all bad.  They're all a negative influence on humanity today.  If christianity had a stronghold on government as it had in the past and as islam has today, it would be just as repulsive, just as violent, just as disrespectful towards women, christians would be sentencing to death just as many gay people, etc, etc.   They are the same.  

PkrBum wrote:You couldn't even survive under islam... but are free to do as you please in a majority christian country.

Sure I could.  I could just pretend to be muslim and go through the motions, patiently waiting for society to evolve.  You know, just as people like me had to do under christianity for centuries.  Non-christians couldn't survive in christian theocracies either.  Why?  Because, to use your wording, religions are "medieval and oppressive and discriminatory by nature."

2seaoat

but are free to do as you please in a majority christian country.

Can you see any difference there?

No... I didn't think you would.

I know in real life you are not an idiot. You just play one on this forum. The above statement is idiotic. In America under our constitutional system there is a separation of church and state. There are inherent protections for religious beliefs of the minority. This is a political system, not a religious system.

You then somehow above make this a christian system which the majority gives rights to the minority.....please reference the Spanish Inquisition, or even more recently in America how the good Christians drove the Mormons out of Illinois and killed Joseph Smith in the Carthage jail, and burned their temple in Nauvoo.

You call me a leftist and say I am part of the leftist agenda, yet with your typical broad and not to accurate brush you say that the leftist have an agenda against Christianity......Boards has pretty much nailed what you are doing on the forum playing a useful idiot, I personally wish you would apply some of your known intelligence to trying to provide facts and logical arguments which make sense. You have not been doing that and Boards in this thread is mostly correct.

Your faith has been ridiculed and demeaned... and as far as I know you've never taken a child bride, beaten your wife, honor killed a daughter, stoned a woman, cut off a thiefs hand, beheaded an infidel, crucified an enemy... etc.

There's no comparison... there's rationalizing the difference between your faith and the mullahs and terrorist factions.

One is largely good... the other largely bad. You can call for modernity all you want... but that doesn't change reality.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Your faith has been ridiculed and demeaned... and as far as I know you've never taken a child bride, beaten your wife, honor killed a daughter, stoned a woman, cut off a thiefs hand, beheaded an infidel, crucified an enemy... etc.

There's no comparison... there's rationalizing the difference between your faith and the mullahs and terrorist factions.

One is largely good... the other largely bad. You can call for modernity all you want... but that doesn't change reality.

Both religions themselves are "largely bad".  Here again, those who wield one religion live in a much less sophisticated society with a much less sophisticated economy with a much less sophisticated education system that all exist under an iron grip theocracy.  Those who wield the other religion have since been beaten back by modernity, they live in a much more sophisticated society with a much more sophisticated economy with a much more sophisticated education system, and all of which exist under a secular government that is steadily reducing any religious influence (see recent gay marriage decision).   When the conditions for the latter religion mirrored those of the former religion, the latter religion was just as violent, just as oppressive, just as barbaric, and wrought just as much terror to society.  And you don't have to take my word for this.  Open a history book.  

Perhaps a formula would help you understand this.  I doubt it, but perhaps.  Lets say that we define the following variables.

V = the degree of religious motivated violence and oppression
G = the degree to which religion is intertwined with government
M = the degree to which a society is deemed 'modern'
K = GDP per capita
E = the average educational attainment
C = a constant term
x = coefficient values determined by data sets

Given the above...

V = C + Gx - Mx - Kx - Ex

Meaning, the degree to which religious violence manifests in a society is a function of 1) the degree to which religion influences government, 2) the degree to which a society is modern, 3) GDP per capita, and 4) average educational attainment.

G is positive since violence will obviously increase as the degree to which religion is intertwined with government increases.  M, K, and E are all negative because we should expect those variables to be inversely correlated with the degree of religious violence.

But the underlying religion itself is not a factor there.  It doesn't matter.  Why?  They're all barbaric.  They're all oppressive.  They're all mutually exclusive.  They're all ancient relics from an incredibly violent, ignorant, immoral, and miserable past. A delusional person who believes he is doing the deeds of a mythological being named allah is just as dangerous as a delusional person who believes he is doing the deeds of a mythological being named yahweh. The factors that aggravate or mitigate that level of danger are in part the variables that I listed above.

If I had good data from around the world for the above data points, I suspect that the above model would show us that all of the variables mentioned do exhibit a statistically significant correlation with religious violence.  And I suspect all of the signs would be just as I have laid them out.

Many years from now, this type of data will likely be freely available, and others in the future will be able to make the case that I am making here but with the actual numbers to irrefutable show these correlations do in fact exist and do in fact exhibit an influence on the degree to which religious violence manifests.   And in spite of that, there will still be useful idiots who aren't able to offer any sort of substantive rebuttal, though they will still continue to disagree and they still won't be able to coherently explain why it is that they disagree.  There will still be useful idiots who look at that and say "Why don you just admit that you're a shill for islam, huh!??! Huh?!?! Why can't you show me where you...yadda yadda yadda".

There is no cure for stupid.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I met a really smart evolution scientist. That was waiting outside a grocery store. He told me the conditions were right for a chocolate cake all he needed was a tornado or a thunder storm or some other prime force to bake it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I met a really smart evolution scientist. That was waiting outside a grocery store.  He told me the conditions were right for a chocolate cake all he needed was a tornado or a thunder storm or some other prime force to bake it.  

No, he didn't.

When your best argument is a completely fabricated story that you just pulled from your ass that doesn't effectively address anything, perhaps its time to rethink your worldview.

35cannibalism and selling body parts ok under Islam.. - Page 2 Empty Ee 12/30/2015, 3:17 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I met a really smart evolution scientist. That was waiting outside a grocery store.  He told me the conditions were right for a chocolate cake all he needed was a tornado or a thunder storm or some other prime force to bake it.  

No, he didn't.  

When your best argument is a completely fabricated story that you just pulled from your ass that doesn't effectively address anything, perhaps its time to rethink your worldview.
g

Well yeah. I got to feeling sorry for him and told they had a bakery inside where cupcake creators had already baked many cakes and I would buy him one because he would starve waiting for his stupid evolutionary theory to work its magic. We shared the cake over some laughs about spontaneous generation and we parted friends.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

No, he didn't.  

g

Well yeah. I got to feeling sorry for him and told they had a bakery inside where cupcake creators had already baked many cakes and I would buy him one because he would starve waiting for his stupid evolutionary theory to work its magic. We shared the cake over some laughs about spontaneous generation and we parted friends.  

Given an unlimited number of hardcore Jesus freaks with word processors, and eventually one of them will write something intelligent. But don't hold your breath.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just hope that bakery wasn't run by queers.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I just hope that bakery wasn't run by queers.

Well since it was my allegory it was terminator robots in the kitchen...they were hiding under old lady disguises waiting for skynet to activate after it gained self awareness and found the need to destroy progressive liberals......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum