Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas Drama.....

+6
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Vikingwoman
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Christmas Drama..... Empty Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 5:41 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am not going to air my family's dirty laundry here--too much, anyway-- but why is it that certain family members like to come unglued or have problems right around the holidays, that end up affecting family members all around them?

Our drama centers around my dirt-bag (more like total shit bag, ex jailbird, ex-felon, etc., etc.) BIL and his co-dependent relationship with my elderly MIL. That is all I will share about it........ Shocked

Who is determined to ruin your Christmas??????

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 5:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

No one can ruin my Christmas because I don't do Catholic or pagan Holidays....don't worry be happy...

3Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 6:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:No one can ruin my Christmas because I don't do Catholic or pagan  Holidays....don't worry be happy...

How is a celebration of the birth of Jesus a "pagan" holiday?

4Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 6:14 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:No one can ruin my Christmas because I don't do Catholic or pagan  Holidays....don't worry be happy...

How is a celebration of the birth of Jesus a "pagan" holiday?

Christ was not born anywhere near Dec 25th that is the day of the Saturnalia a pagan holiday adopted by the Catholics to comfortably acquire new (pagan) members into it's ranks...Christ was probably born sometime around Sept- Aug....he also was probably already 4 years old on 0 AD..anyway....what does it matter ?....it's a day set aside for commercial reasons...very little to do with religion.

5Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 6:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
what does it matter ?.

Here's why.  It really mattered to me when I found out I was lied to my whole life by hundreds of people.  That was when I learned they lied about Pensacola being the First Settlement.
And after that I've caught history lying to me about two other rather significant things.
So now it's gone from curiousity to being pissed off when I find out they lied to me about so much. 
Finding out they lied about the date of Jesus' birthday,  and the realization that my mother and father were lied to as well,  makes me start to see red again like when I responded to your thread about those russian monsters.
So it matters to me.

You gotta stop putting up these threads that get me pissed off.  I don't want to be pissed off at Christmas. lol

6Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 6:47 pm

Vikingwoman

We had problems w/ a sister who always starts trouble everywhere. She has not been invited for the last couple of years and problem solved until she gets help. My mother cried and carried on saying we should accept her behavior because she was mentally ill and she wouldn't come to holidays unless my sister was invited. We said we'll miss you and she came.

7Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 6:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:We had problems w/ a sister who always starts trouble everywhere. She has not been invited for the last couple of years and problem solved until she gets help. My mother cried and carried on saying we should accept her behavior because she was mentally ill and she wouldn't come to holidays unless my sister was invited. We said we'll miss you and she came.

Hum...wish my mom was still alive.....you should never give your mom an ultimatum after all she didn't abort you...

8Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 7:33 pm

2seaoat

Nothing major, but when the children were younger we would rotate Christmas and Christmas eve. Christmas eve was at our house, because my sil would celebrate with her family on Christmas eve, and Christmas would alternate between my brother, my mother, and our house. It would happen without fail that my sil would have some crisis and demand that we celebrate at her home. We just laughed because we knew each Christmas she would disrupt the schedule at the last moment, often after food had been purchased by the host. We all never said a thing and figured it came with the season, and by the time the kids were in high school my brother had a place in AZ, and suddenly one year they decided they would celebrate Christmas in AZ and flew my mother there. We decided to pack the kids up over Christmas break and see the west and we spent a week out west and stayed at my brothers spacious six bedroom home in desert mountain. Well, the tradition ended when my kids were watching South Park, and this caused an uproar in the family. No invites to AZ after that and our family tradition was ended........my brothers children all attended christian high school and college, and south park made my children look like barbarians. We regularly get together now, but not at Christmas....my kids still laugh about the Mr. Hanky Christmas poo incident.

9Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 7:50 pm

2seaoat

The irony of this Christmas family story is that my SIL had three children, two daughters and a son who are all married. Well her ability to control her immediate family's Christmas traditions has been shattered by a Daughter in law who insists on spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with her family in Virginia......I mean no compromise, and no visit to Arizona at Christmas. My SIL stopped at my daughters and talked with my daughter who she has become quite close and was complaining how unfair it is not to rotate. My daughter is cool and emotionally supportive......but all she could remember is her and her brother watching Mr. Hanky and how the Christmas tradition was shattered in high School......what goes around comes around, and we just smile because we enjoy family where ever we are and celebrate Christmas with silent recognition of the concept of Christ and what he stands for not some literal birthdate, or like the fanatics my brother had become.

10Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 7:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:
fanatics my brother had become.

Pentecostals?  TV preacher cult?  Hard core baptist?
Inquiring minds wanna know.

11Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 8:15 pm

2seaoat

Pentecostals? TV preacher cult? Hard core baptist?
Inquiring minds wanna know.

My mother died in September, but she was not interred until December because they insisted this thirty word saying from John was on her tombstone. At her interment my brother got up and read what was on the headstone, but further talked about how my mother had given herself to Christ as a fourteen year old at a Billy Graham revival in Birmingham. I just thought.......am I the only one here that knows that my mother who was born in 1925 was 14 in 1939 and that Billy Graham had not even graduated from Wheaton Colllege when this alleged story took place. We had about 15 people at the service and it was all about giving one's self to Christ and how my mother had done the same.....too funny because my mother was a sinner who made no apologies for the same and who rarely attended church in my youth and when she did she and my brother would regularly as clockwork fall asleep. I think in my brother's case his children were getting in with the wrong crowd in high school and were not achieving in any arena. They would drive them thirty miles to an exclusive christian high school, and they just changed from being balanced to being fanatical where their Christianity somehow insulated them from the realities of the world. In my brother's case it has been a very positive influence and he has changed for the better, but when I spoke we changed from a religious indoctrination to a celebration of her life and that dealt with all the imperfections and humor of her life.....the place was rocking with laughter when I finished my words and my wife put the pompous air which had developed right out the window when she said that she would spread my ashes in a porta pottie......even my pious brother and wife were having a belly laugh. Fanatic is that which fails fails to grasp Matthew 6 and wears religion to garnish attention or be used for some goal. It assumes God is stupid.

12Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/24/2015, 11:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am not going to air my family's dirty laundry here--too much, anyway-- but why is it that certain family members like to come unglued or have problems right around the holidays, that end up affecting family members all around them?

Our drama centers around my dirt-bag (more like total shit bag, ex jailbird, ex-felon, etc., etc.) BIL and his co-dependent relationship with my elderly MIL. That is all I will share about it........ Shocked

Who is determined to ruin your Christmas??????
Because Zman, they are selfish inconsiderate shit heads that think everything is about them. People like that love to ruin the holidays.

I sincerely hope you and your family can have a happy holidays despite the jackass.

13Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 12:32 am

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:We had problems w/ a sister who always starts trouble everywhere. She has not been invited for the last couple of years and problem solved until she gets help. My mother cried and carried on saying we should accept her behavior because she was mentally ill and she wouldn't come to holidays unless my sister was invited. We said we'll miss you and she came.

Hum...wish my mom was still alive.....you should never give your mom an ultimatum after all she didn't abort you...

No, Teo she gave us an ultimatum. She was invited. The sister was not. If she chose not to come because of the sister, well that was her choice. We decided we weren't going to be abused anymore by the sister. The sister refused to get help and we refused to take it anymore.

14Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 8:15 am

Our family is spread out and unable to circle the wagons for Christmas. We celebrated with the elders in P'cola this past weekend. My daughter is here. She is great with child. First grandbaby due in February! I may have mentioned that before. Pretty darn excited. Wink

15Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 9:36 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:Our family is spread out and unable to circle the wagons for Christmas.  We celebrated with the elders in P'cola this past weekend.  My daughter is here.  She is great with child.  First grandbaby due in February! I may have mentioned that before.  Pretty darn excited.  Wink
Congratulations.....nothing compares to grsnchildren.

16Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 9:42 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Christmas Drama..... Fb_img13

Number 8 and 9. 9 was born the end of September.

17Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 9:44 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

No, Teo she gave us an ultimatum. She was invited. The sister was not. If she chose not to come because of the sister, well that was her choice. We decided we weren't going to be abused anymore by the sister. The sister refused to get help and we refused to take it anymore.

Don't blame you one bit!

18Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 9:49 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Our family is spread out and unable to circle the wagons for Christmas.  We celebrated with the elders in P'cola this past weekend.  My daughter is here.  She is great with child.  First grandbaby due in February! I may have mentioned that before.  Pretty darn excited.  Wink

Love the picture you posted, Joani. Wow...simply gorgeous!

19Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 10:10 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

SheWrites wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Love the picture you posted, Joani.  Wow...simply gorgeous!

Thank you....I do like to brag and I feel extremely lucky that all 9 live in Gulf Breeze.  Always something going on....5 playing basketball, doesn't get any better.

20Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 10:43 am

2seaoat

5 playing basketball, doesn't get any better.

great photo......nothing better than getting splinters from the bleachers watching children or grandchildren play.

21Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/25/2015, 12:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I can see how Joanie is a very proud grandmother.

We only have 3 grandkids, from my step-daughter. I greatly admire how my wife is devoted to them.

22Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/26/2015, 12:20 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We had a nice get together late yesterday; 14 people for gifts, and about half stayed to eat. I thought my wife was going to collapse afterward. My youngest daughter picked-up my MIL/FIL and brought them over. BIL, who is temporarily staying with my in-laws (more like sucking whatever goodwill and money he can get from them) did not come over, and he was not invited anyway. Everyone had a good time, and my wife took the in-laws back to their house. She came home and marveled how she not only pulled-off Christmas, but fixed a meal for whomever wanted to stay and eat.

Then the phone rang at 12:30 AM, last night. It was my MIL, who was fighting with her good-for-nothing son..... She wanted my wife to come and get her so she could stay at our house. My exhausted wife refused. The co-dependency between my 82 yo MIL and my 49 yo BIL runs deep. I think she is going to give him a large sum of money so he will go away. We will see how this plays out....

23Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/26/2015, 12:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:We had a nice get together late yesterday; 14 people for gifts, and about half stayed to eat. I thought my wife was going to collapse afterward. My youngest daughter picked-up my MIL/FIL and brought them over. BIL, who is temporarily staying with my in-laws (more like sucking whatever goodwill and money he can get from them) did not come over, and he was not invited anyway. Everyone had a good time, and my wife took the in-laws back to their house. She came home and marveled how she not only pulled-off Christmas, but fixed a meal for whomever wanted to stay and eat.

Then the phone rang at 12:30 AM, last night. It was my MIL, who was fighting with her good-for-nothing son..... She wanted my wife to come and get her so she could stay at our house. My exhausted wife refused. The co-dependency between my 82 yo MIL and my 49 yo BIL runs deep. I think she is going to give him a large sum of money so he will go away. We will see how this plays out....

He will go away and he will return when the money runs out. She is supporting his addiction and kaziness.....everyone knows that except your MIL.

WHEN SHE CALLS, TELL HER TO CALL 911.

24Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/26/2015, 3:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:He will go away and he will return when the money runs out. She is supporting his addiction and kaziness.....everyone knows that except your MIL.

WHEN SHE CALLS, TELL HER TO CALL 911.

My BIL is the youngest of 5 (4 older sisters). He has resourcefulness and energy, although it has been misplaced along the way. I always said he would either become a millionaire or end up in prison. I was right for half of this, anyway. He has done 2 stints in Florida prisons, and more recently spent Dec 3-Dec-18 in the Escambia County Jail because he defrauded a barkeeper. We refused to pay his bond and admonished MIL to leave him in jail (he has a history of violating probation and jumping bond). The drama has continued into Saturday. We turned off cell phones and took the phone off the hook this afternoon in order to stay out of it.

25Christmas Drama..... Empty Re: Christmas Drama..... 12/26/2015, 4:02 pm

In some form or fashion, every family has it.

Wise family that sets the boundaries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum