Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

dad engages in three-hour armed standoff with police to block doctors from pulling the plug life-support

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371236/George-Pickering-II-standoff-Tomball-Regional-Medical-Center-Houston-brain-dead-son.html

A father took a gun into hospital to stop doctors taking his son off life support - and during the three-hour stand-off the young man squeezed his hand.

The sign that he wasn't brain dead meant he was kept alive - and he is now recovering and doing well.

His father, 59-year-old George Pickering II, was charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after marching into Tomball Regional Medical Center in Texas with a gun.

His 27-year-old son, George III, had been declared brain dead after suffering a massive stroke in January.

After doctors declared there was no more hope for him, they ordered a 'terminal wean' - whereby life support is slowly withdrawn to end a life.

Bought a car in Tomball, Texas.

It's a gun totin' kinda town.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good for him.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would do slam on doctors at this point but... I just had a doctor repair a shoulder my friends at the imaging center said was beyond repair. I looked the Doctor in the eye yesterday and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. He smiled and said it was a tough one....

knothead

knothead

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I would do slam on doctors at this point but... I just had a doctor repair a shoulder my friends at the imaging center said was beyond repair. I looked the Doctor in the eye yesterday and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. He smiled and said it was a tough one....

Turnage???

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

knothead wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I would do slam on doctors at this point but... I just had a doctor repair a shoulder my friends at the imaging center said was beyond repair. I looked the Doctor in the eye yesterday and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. He smiled and said it was a tough one....

Turnage???

Doctors have fantastic ability to repair damage from accidents and such...I have never denied that....pathology seems to be far more difficult for them....

Sal

Sal

There's a lot to this story that doesn't add up.

Glad your shoulder is better, T.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Salinsky wrote:There's a lot to this story that doesn't add up.

Thanks Sal. The doc told me I could quit the sling yesterday but told me not to pick up anything heavier than a cup of coffee . I am on my way now to therapy with Amy.  5 more months. 3 times a week. No wonder medicine is so expensive.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Salinsky wrote:There's a lot to this story that doesn't add up.

Thanks Sal. The doc told me I could quit the sling yesterday but told me not to pick up anything heavier than a cup of coffee . I am on my way now to therapy with Amy.  5 more months. 3 times a week. No wonder medicine is so expensive.  

Therapy at Andrews git me walking without surgery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum