Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More nurses and doctors support Romney

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

The first presidential debate, which is the subject of this article, was held on October 3, 2012. Healthcare was a major topic of discussion and dissention. In the fourth Medscape election survey, we asked questions based only on direct quotes from President Obama and Governor Romney during the debate. These quotes did not always serve to describe the specific positions on issues, but the intention of the survey was to determine whether the candidates' own words had any influence on our readers. The final question asked readers whom they would vote for and whether the debate had changed their mind. Following are the responses.

Physicians Nurses
Yes; I'm switching to Romney 10% 9%
Yes; I'm switching to Obama 5% 1%
No; I'm staying with Romney 43% 51%
No; I'm staying with Obama 32% 31%
I still don't know 6% 5%
I don't like either one 5% 4%

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/772621?src=nl_topic

physicians should be over the 10% colume nad nurses over the 9% colume and retrospectivly the rest below them.

Rogue wrote:The first presidential debate, which is the subject of this article, was held on October 3, 2012. Healthcare was a major topic of discussion and dissention. In the fourth Medscape election survey, we asked questions based only on direct quotes from President Obama and Governor Romney during the debate. These quotes did not always serve to describe the specific positions on issues, but the intention of the survey was to determine whether the candidates' own words had any influence on our readers. The final question asked readers whom they would vote for and whether the debate had changed their mind. Following are the responses.

Physicians Nurses
I still don't know 6% 5%

physicians should be over the 10% colume nad nurses over the 9% colume and retrospectivly the rest below them.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000068

AMA supports health care reform so says it's president Lazurus

reaper1948 wrote:
Rogue wrote:The first presidential debate, which is the subject of this article, was held on October 3, 2012. Healthcare was a major topic of discussion and dissention. In the fourth Medscape election survey, we asked questions based only on direct quotes from President Obama and Governor Romney during the debate. These quotes did not always serve to describe the specific positions on issues, but the intention of the survey was to determine whether the candidates' own words had any influence on our readers. The final question asked readers whom they would vote for and whether the debate had changed their mind. Following are the responses.

Physicians Nurses
I still don't know 6% 5%

You'll have to google this one I couldn't get it to copy and paste.

[quote=\"reaper1948\"][quote=\"reaper1948\"][quote=\"Rogue\"]The first presidential debate, which is the subject of this article, was held on October 3, 2012. Healthcare was a major topic of discussion and dissention. In the fourth Medscape election survey, we asked questions based only on direct quotes from President Obama and Governor Romney during the debate. These quotes did not always serve to describe the specific positions on issues, but the intention of the survey was to determine whether the candidates\' own words had any influence on our readers. The final question asked readers whom they would vote for and whether the debate had changed their mind. Following are the responses.

Physicians Nurses
Yes; I\'m switching to Romney 10% 9%
Yes; I\'m switching to Obama 5% 1%
No; I\'m staying with Romney 43% 51%
No; I\'m staying with Obama 32% 31%
I still don\'t know 6% 5%
I don\'t like either one 5% 4%

physicians should be over the 10% colume nad nurses over the 9% colume and retrospectivly the rest below them. [/quote]

AMA supports health care reform so says it\'s president Lazurus
[/quote] You\'ll have to google this one I couldn\'t get it to copy and paste.[/quote]

just because the organization supports it, doesnt mean that the individual voters do. This is the results of polls done directly with healthcare professionals through a very well respected healthcare company that caters to healthcare professionals.

Markle

Markle

reaper1948 wrote:

Physicians Nurses
I still don't know 6% 5%

Please share with us what percentage of all doctors belong to the AMA.

Does a union speak for ALL their members?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:

Markle:

I'm the one who told you months ago that the AMA is a union.

Glad to know I taught you something. Very Happy

Markle

Markle

PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle:

Sorry, nothing has changed. The AMA is still not a UNION. My question was what percentage of doctors are a members of the AMA?

My other, SEPARATE QUESTION is whether a UNION, A LABOR UNION WITH REQUIRED MEMBERSHIP speaks for all their members.

Try again.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Markle wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Markle:

Sorry, nothing has changed. The AMA is still not a UNION. My question was what percentage of doctors are a members of the AMA?

My other, SEPARATE QUESTION is whether a UNION, A LABOR UNION WITH REQUIRED MEMBERSHIP speaks for all their members.

Try again.

I have no idea how many physicians are in the AMA. I'm sure you can find the answer if you google it, though. Sorry, I can't help you there.

And yep.....the AMA is in essence a union and collective bargaining force, just like I said months ago. At that time, you disagreed, just like you are disagreeing now.

If your original post consisted of two separate questions, perhaps you should have been more clear. Otherwise, it appears you agree with me. And ouch....that must have hurt! sunny

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Here you go, Markle. You'll have to read down the last paragraph with the heading "Bottom Line." Milton Friedman's essay is easy to find online as well. I'm willing to post the link to Friedman's article if you so desire.

http://wallstreetpit.com/5769-the-medical-cartel-why-are-md-salaries-so-high/

The AMA is not a union.

its a organization that people can be members of. They provide certain tools for heathcare professionals, like CPT material , lots of other material, they lobby for healthcare caauses, lots of things. But they are not a union. There are lots of organizations like the AMA for healthcare professionals. CAP is one, ASCP is another, these are 2 that I deal with but there are more. None of them are unions.

actully most hospitals do not allow unions. its a no no

either way as the hurt from the ACA(oamacare) is and has set in sine it implimentaion in 2010 an more regs since and more regs coming.

obamacare isnt going to be able to stand the way it is. its a disaster of a plan and will ruin us.

[quote=\"PBulldog2\"]Here you go, Markle. You\'ll have to read down the last paragraph with the heading \"Bottom Line.\" Milton Friedman\'s essay is easy to find online as well. I\'m willing to post the link to Friedman\'s article if you so desire.

http://wallstreetpit.com/5769-the-medical-cartel-why-are-md-salaries-so-high/[/quote]

I dont think $200,000 a year is to high of a salary for a DOCTOR.

sorry

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:

sorry

Neither do I, but that's not the issue. The issue is the power the AMA has to control medical schools, and so on.

In the last paragraph, Milton Friendman is mentioned. He wrote back in 1994 that the AMA is the strongest trade union in the United States.

The AMA doesn't want to be viewed as a union. That's true. But it is a union nonetheless.

At least nurses have the cajones to claim our union!

Here is an excerpt from Friedman's book, Captitalism and Freedom.
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0194e.asp

[quote=\\\"PBulldog2\\\"][quote=\\\"Rogue\\\"]

sorry[/quote]

Neither do I, but that\\\'s not the issue. The issue is the power the AMA has to control medical schools, and so on.

In the last paragraph, Milton Friendman is mentioned. He wrote back in 1994 that the AMA is the strongest trade union in the United States.

The AMA doesn\\\'t want to be viewed as a union. That\\\'s true. But it is a union nonetheless.

At least nurses have the cajones to claim our union!

Here is an excerpt from Friedman\\\'s book, Captitalism and Freedom.[/quote]

freindman can call it a union if he wants, its not. to call it a union you would have to call every organization that people buy memberships to a union. its healthcare professionals that have allowed the AMA to be what it is today and its healthcare profesionals that can remove them from thier prestige if they choose to do so.

and I dont know about west fl hops, but i can tell you for a fact that baptist and sacred do not allow unions on thier campuses.

and to answer markles question.
-------
This misleading statement plays on the common misperception that the AMA represents some huge block of American physicians. Not true. In fact, excepting membership given to students and residents in training,

the AMA

represents only 17-19% of physicians actually in practice

http://www.humanevents.com/2010/01/05/ama-doesnt-speak-for-most-doctors/

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

We can argue this until the cows (or the donkeys) come home, and we'll never agree. sunny

But that's OK. cheers

[quote=\"PBulldog2\"]We can argue this until the cows (or the donkeys) come home, and we\'ll never agree. sunny

But that\'s OK. cheers [/quote]

yes we could

I dont mind arguing with you. youre a decent human being.

but im still right hah ha Razz

btw...

please read this article about the AMA

http://www.humanevents.com/2010/01/05/ama-doesnt-speak-for-most-doctors/

like I said before about the CPT being thiers, this article tells it like it is.

and i agree that the AMA has become nothing but a arm of the gov.

im pissed at them right now as many are that they recently also came out saying that GMO\'s did not have to be labeled. just another gov patsy

The cost of health care is rising and will continue to rise. Once that fact becomes a crisis we will see single payer back on the table. There is no way to create layer over layer of bureaucracy and add millions of non contributers to a govt system and save money or maintain services/quality for the long run.

PkrBum wrote:The cost of health care is rising and will continue to rise. Once that fact becomes a crisis we will see single payer back on the table. There is no way to create layer over layer of bureaucracy and add millions of non contributers to a govt system and save money or maintain services/quality for the long run.

The CEO of the Cleveland Clinic (which has the stamp of approval from both candidates) was interviewed and asked about [Name] COWH healthcare...He said that the Cleveland Clinic and other hospitals and healthcare providers are going to have to prepare to cover/see/treat more people with less money available to do so...Now before some of you lib loonies get you panties in a bundle...AGAIN the Cleveland Clinic has been praised by BOTH candidates...The CEO went on to say that adjustments in staffing...research and other areas would have to be looked at to meet the demands that will be MANDATED by [Name]COWH HealthCare for YEARS....Tell me again how this was good policy?...Medically it's not and economically it's not...so where's the benefit that wasn't going to cost 'one thin dime' and people could keep their same doctor and coverages?...HOPE this CHANGES with an executive order from the NEW President in Jan 2013 and REAL negotiations can begin to reform healthcare and costs that won't be a punitive law for non-participation...

no stress

no stress

I disagree that an organization can "in essence" be a union. A union has to be certified as that and must follow strict guidelines. To become a certified collective bargaining unit as a local you must also follow state and federal laws. You cant " in essence" be a union. Thats absurd.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Gunz wrote:I disagree that an organization can "in essence" be a union. A union has to be certified as that and must follow strict guidelines. To become a certified collective bargaining unit as a local you must also follow state and federal laws. You cant " in essence" be a union. Thats absurd.

No it's not.

The AMA doesn't want to be viewed as a union, but they have some serious collective bargaining power going on.

no stress

no stress

PBulldog2 wrote:
Gunz wrote:I disagree that an organization can "in essence" be a union. A union has to be certified as that and must follow strict guidelines. To become a certified collective bargaining unit as a local you must also follow state and federal laws. You cant " in essence" be a union. Thats absurd.

No it's not.

The AMA doesn't want to be viewed as a union, but they have some serious collective bargaining power going on.

How so? You are either a certified collective bargaining unit or you arent. If you arent , then you have zero collective bargaining power.

no stress

no stress

I will give you that even though they are not a union nor a CBU they still have some acid.

The decision to allow corps some rights similar to an individual is directly related to the rights a union enjoys. The theory being... free speech is not necessarily free anymore... it requires large amounts of cash if you want to gain exposure.

It's not fair that unions and organizations enjoy that privilege and corps are excluded... I'm not saying it's sound logic.

But if one is limited... then none should be entitled.

no stress

no stress

PkrBum wrote:

The decision to allow corps some rights similar to an individual is directly related to the rights a union enjoys. The theory being... free speech is not necessarily free anymore... it requires large amounts of cash if you want to gain exposure.

It's not fair that unions and organizations enjoy that privilege and corps are excluded... I'm not saying it's sound logic.

But if one is limited... then none should be entitled.

I agree

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

80-85% of practicing physicians are not members of the AMA....so if it is a union it is a small one.

Collective bargaining is being done by physicians, it is a direct result of their loss of control of patient care. Physicians lost control, the decision making aspect of patient care, and have been in a power struggle with HMO's, MCO's and insurance companies.

They are trying to reclaim the patient-physician relationship that was lost during the explosion of HMO's, MCO's, and manipulating insurance companies.. but I still would not call it a union.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum