Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUBIO

+10
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan
Sal
boards of FL
dumpcare
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 1:53 pm

polecat

polecat

Student Council President-for-Life Marco ‘Big Gulp’ Rubio, the Cold Warrior for a New Generation, and beloved grandson figure of Wingnuts over the age of 65 and under the age of death, was the featured entertainment for The New Confederacy in last night’s debate:

Mock Paper Scissors

27RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 2:05 pm

polecat

polecat

EmeraldGhost wrote:Okay ... I'm gonna be the first to start the thread.  

First off, just let me say that Marco Rubio does not stand for everything I stand for as a "conservative libertarian" (that's the best way I can describe myself) ... but fact is, he's the best Republican candidate to beat Hillary so far as I can tell.

Can he take any of Iowa, NH, SC .... remains to be seen if he can get one of those, but I think he'll at least "place" in 2 out of 3 of those.  His best shot is probably NH.

But he's got the money behind him now ... so he can stay in it for the long haul and doesn't necessarily need to come out #1 in any of those three early States.   The Republican primary is about more than just those three States, California alone has 170+ delegates as I recall.

Theoretically, Rubio could lose all 3 of those early primary States ... and lose the solid south ... and still take the nomination.  Take a look at the delegate breakdown:  http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

He's just got to make a good showing, at least hold his own and have one or two shining moments, at next week's debate (which shouldn't be a problem as he's a well disciplined debater) .. then start the ad campaign in January with all of his new-found money   and get his name recognition up (a lot of big money has gotten behind Rubio & Rubo PACS in the past 3 weeks)   He's already getting a lot more Congressional endorsements than the other candiates.

Is the dark horse about to make his move after the holiday season?  I think so.  Will he ultimately be the nominee ... even if it comes to a brokered convention?   I'm starting to think so.

Can he beat Hillary?  I think so ... by at least a 5 point margin.

What say you all?

I say

“Let’s dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.”

“Here’s the bottom line. This notion that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing is just not true. He knows exactly what he’s doing.”
“Let’s dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.”

“Here’s the bottom line. This notion that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing is just not true. He knows exactly what he’s doing.”

28RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 6:20 pm

polecat

polecat

Oh, look, in a fundraising letter Marco Rubio is blaming the media for his debate performance. Crushed sour grapes + a noun, a verb, Barack Obama = Rubio whine.

29RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 6:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

polecat wrote:Crushed sour grapes + a noun, a verb, Barack Obama = Rubio whine.

RUBIO - Page 2 Laughi22

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

30RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 6:55 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sarah Palin in a suit.

31RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 11:25 am

knothead

knothead

Well after his performance in the latest debate he is now being tagged with Marco Roboto . . . . . how appropriate! An empty suit if I ever saw one.

32RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:04 pm

Sal

Sal

33RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:19 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Well after his performance in the latest debate he is now being tagged with Marco Roboto . . . . . how appropriate! An empty suit if I ever saw one.

He can't even handle his Senate job, and now he wants to ascend to the presidency?

What is more disturbing, we have a poster here who once quipped that any of the 15 or so GOP contenders for 2016 are well qualified to become POTUS. Any guesses who that poster is?

34RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:20 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Oh noe's!!!! Rubio has "talking points."

(like none of the other candidates have those Rolling Eyes )

I'm not necessarily rooting for Rubio ... but I'm not counting him out either. Not at this stage of the game.

35RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:22 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

What is more disturbing, we have a poster here who once quipped that any of the 15 or so GOP contenders for 2016 are well qualified to become POTUS. Any guesses who that poster is?

Wasn't me .... but after Obama was considered (by some) to be qualified, well, I guess anybody can be.

36RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:26 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

EmeraldGhost wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Wasn't me .... but after Obama was considered (by some) to be qualified, well, I guess anybody can be.

No, it wasn't you..... Wink

37RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 2:29 pm

Sal

Sal

If Rubio's shoes weren't nailed to the floor, he'd waft up into the rafters and get trapped like a wayward campaign balloon.

I hope he is the nominee.

In a debate with Hillary on foreign policy, there'd be nothing left of Little Marco but a grease spot behind the podium where he once stood.

38RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 4:00 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Well after his performance in the latest debate he is now being tagged with Marco Roboto . . . . . how appropriate! An empty suit if I ever saw one.

SO true, Knot  And don't you just love it when he gives with that sheepish grin when somebody (like Christie, certainly not the first) tromps him?  It's as if this were a playground game.  Rubio puts on his serious face in an attempt to look presidential, i guess, but as soon as someone sticks a pin in his balloon he collapses in embarrassment and laughs.   What a transparent child.  I wonder how he ever got elected to the Senate in the first place.  Shame on Florida.

39RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 4:25 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:

SO true, Knot  And don't you just love it when he gives with that sheepish grin when somebody (like Christie, certainly not the first) tromps him?  It's as if this were a playground game.  Rubio puts on his serious face in an attempt to look presidential, i guess, but as soon as someone sticks a pin in his balloon he collapses in embarrassment and laughs.   What a transparent child.  I wonder how he ever got elected to the Senate in the first place.  Shame on Florida.

I know in my heart that his consultants/advisers are hammering him with what they believe will resonate and to keep on pounding the message and he dutifully . . . . . . follows instructions. I'm with Sal, I hope he wins . . . . . well honestly I don't know one who can win in the general but what do I know?

40RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 4:48 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:

He was Jeb (!)'s protege.

41RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 4:52 pm

Sal

Sal

But to those who have known him longest, Rubio’s flustered performance Saturday night fit perfectly with an all-too-familiar strain of his personality, one that his handlers and image-makers have labored for years to keep out of public view. Though generally seen as cool-headed and quick on his feet, Rubio is known to friends, allies, and advisers for a kind of incurable anxiousness — and an occasional propensity to panic in moments of crisis, both real and imagined.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/the-anxiety-of-marco-rubio?utm_term=.suO7XeRw6#.gc5Yq27PA

42RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/9/2016, 9:27 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

That's a common misconception by the Reich Wing. Barack Obama has been an outstanding President...much as you would like it to be different...as the SCOTUS tries to dismantle everything he's accomplished, despite complete obstruction from the dysfunctional GOP.

43RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 12:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Little Marco doesn't realize it yet, but it's time to do a postmortem on his campaign.

44RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 2:47 pm

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:Little Marco doesn't realize it yet, but it's time to do a postmortem on his campaign.

Stick a fork in him . . . . . he's bleeding out!

45RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 3:09 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Little Marco doesn't realize it yet, but it's time to do a postmortem on his campaign.

We agree again. After his dismal debate performance, and this in NH, he is young and has learned a lot this time around.

For this election, he is:

RUBIO - Page 2 Hillary%20Burnt%20Toast_zpspz9mwnwz

46RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 3:40 pm

Sal

Sal

So, you would agree that Little Marco is burnt toast at this point ...

... and, you've asserted on numerous occasions that Trump will not be the nominee.

So, what do you have left?

You have Tailgunner Ted, who NOBODY likes ...

And, then you have Kasich who has no money and no prospects of winning until Super Tuesday.

And, you have Jeb! who is a terrible candidate, and who the base absolutely loathes.

So, who's it gonna be, Markle?

Because from where I'm sitting, a brokered convention is becoming a very real possibility.

47RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 9:55 pm

2seaoat

Rubio is done. He has told the world it will never happen again.....he really does not know who he is......Chris introduced the world to the real Rubio.

48RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 10:08 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:For this election, he is:

He's quitting his Senate job, so he is done on the national scene in the future as well.

49RUBIO - Page 2 Empty Re: RUBIO 2/10/2016, 10:18 pm

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:For this election, he is:

He's quitting his Senate job, so he is done on the national scene in the future as well.

What an empty suit . . . . . glad he got culled!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum