Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUBIO

+10
Markle
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan
Sal
boards of FL
dumpcare
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RUBIO Empty RUBIO 12/11/2015, 3:37 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Okay ... I'm gonna be the first to start the thread.  

First off, just let me say that Marco Rubio does not stand for everything I stand for as a "conservative libertarian" (that's the best way I can describe myself) ... but fact is, he's the best Republican candidate to beat Hillary so far as I can tell.

Can he take any of Iowa, NH, SC .... remains to be seen if he can get one of those, but I think he'll at least "place" in 2 out of 3 of those.  His best shot is probably NH.

But he's got the money behind him now ... so he can stay in it for the long haul and doesn't necessarily need to come out #1 in any of those three early States.   The Republican primary is about more than just those three States, California alone has 170+ delegates as I recall.

Theoretically, Rubio could lose all 3 of those early primary States ... and lose the solid south ... and still take the nomination.  Take a look at the delegate breakdown:  http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

He's just got to make a good showing, at least hold his own and have one or two shining moments, at next week's debate (which shouldn't be a problem as he's a well disciplined debater) .. then start the ad campaign in January with all of his new-found money   and get his name recognition up (a lot of big money has gotten behind Rubio & Rubo PACS in the past 3 weeks)   He's already getting a lot more Congressional endorsements than the other candiates.

Is the dark horse about to make his move after the holiday season?  I think so.  Will he ultimately be the nominee ... even if it comes to a brokered convention?   I'm starting to think so.

Can he beat Hillary?  I think so ... by at least a 5 point margin.

What say you all?

2RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/11/2015, 7:09 am

Vikingwoman

You're in lala land. Rubio can't beat Hillary.

3RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/11/2015, 8:25 am

dumpcare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-new-gop-favorite-of-the-rich-cnbc-survey/ar-AAgfW6M?li=BBnb7Kz

Sen. Marco Rubio has quickly become the favorite GOP candidate of the wealthy, vaulting past Jeb Bush and Donald Trump among millionaire voters, and scoring big endorsements among billionaire hedge funders in recent days.

The CNBC Millionaire Survey, which polled voters with at least $1 million in investable assets, found that among Republican voters, 26 percent supported Rubio. That compares to 16 percent who support Ben Carson, and 15 percent who prefer Trump.

Bush, who led among Republican millionaire voters in CNBC's April Millionaire Survey, saw his support plummet from 37 percent to 11 percent.

Among Independent millionaire voters, Rubio more than doubled his support to 11 percent, while Bush's support fell by two-thirds, to 6 percent.

Among all millionaire voters surveyed — Democrats, Republicans and independents — Hillary Clinton is still the overall favorite. Clinton was the top candidate among 34 percent of total respondents, followed by Rubio with 13 percent. Trump and Carson tied for third, with 9 percent.

The poll shows that millionaire voters differ dramatically from the broader population, especially among Republicans. While national polls still show Trump out front among the GOP candidates, he failed to break into the top two slots among millionaires.

The poll was conducted before the terror attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California, and before the candidate's recent comments on preventing Muslims from entering the U.S.

"What surprised me was where Trump is among these voters," said George Walper, president of Spectrem Group, the nonpartisan wealth research firm that conducted the survey. "They're wealthy but don't see Trump as one of them."

Granted, the wealthy are often a poor barometer for election results: Mitt Romney was their favorite candidate in 2012. What's more, being seen as the favorite candidate of the rich could ultimately be seen as a liability in an especially populist election cycle.

Yet because the wealthy now play an outsized role in campaign financing, the poll could signal a wave of cash moving toward Rubio and away from others on the Republican side.

The survey is also the latest evidence that the wealthy are quickly coalescing around Rubio as their favorite candidate. This week, billionaire hedge fund manager Ken Griffin and Art Pope, owner of Variety Wholesalers, publicly endorsed Rubio. Both are major donors to the Republican Party.

Paul Singer, another hedge fund billionaire, is also backing Rubio, and billionaire Florida car magnate Norman Braman has been a longtime supporter.

In their endorsements, Rubio's rich backers say they like his experience, up-by-the-bootstraps life story and his vision for the country, which includes lower taxes, smaller government and a tougher American posture overseas.

"If Rubio starts getting more of this money, that could swing things his way and bring him a lot more awareness," Walper said.

Clinton still has a commanding lead among Democrats, yet she too has lost a bit of support, especially among independents. Fully 76 percent of Democratic millionaires back Clinton, while 13 percent back Sen. Bernie Sanders. Among independents, Clinton's support has fallen from 37 percent to 27 percent.

Compared to the broader population, millionaire voters tend to place a larger emphasis on taxes and less of an emphasis on jobs. When asked which election issue was most important to them, the largest number — 26 percent — said taxes and government spending.

One in 5 said political gridlock was the top issue, while 19 percent said foreign policy/world leadership/combating terrorism. Only 17 percent said the economy and unemployment were the top election issue.

Yet their responses vary widely by party. Among millionaire Democrats, the top election issue is political gridlock (27 percent) followed by foreign policy/world leadership/combating terrorism, and the economy/unemployment, both at 20 percent.

Among Republicans, the overwhelming top issue is taxes and government spending (38 percent), followed by the economy and unemployment at 19 percent.

The results suggest that a voter's party affiliation seems to matter as much or more than their wealth when it comes to their political priorities.

"What's striking is how divided this group is," Walper said. "It's so much based on parties."

The poll surveyed 750 respondents with investable assets of $1 million or more. Of the group, roughly one-third were Republicans, one-third were Democrats and one-third were independent. It was conducted between Oct. 20 and Nov. 12.

4RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/11/2015, 10:18 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Rubio caved under the pressure of simply delivering the response to the state of the union. To say that he's ready for big boy politics is laughable.

RUBIO 18eh551jpchgvgif

5RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/11/2015, 11:23 am

Sal

Sal

If Marco is lucky, he'll get to play the Sarah Palin role of this presidential campaign - the pretty, dumbass helping whichever jerkoff is at the top of the ticket lose to a Democrat.

6RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/11/2015, 11:45 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Salinsky wrote:If Marco is lucky, he'll get to play the Sarah Palin role of this presidential campaign - the pretty, dumbass helping whichever jerkoff is at the top of the ticket lose to a Democrat.

His future is either what you just described, or else it's going to be a reverse mortgage infomercial spokesman on Fox News breaks.

I guess we'll see which way his destiny forks.

7RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/14/2015, 9:36 am

Sal

Sal

CHUCK TODD: Are you going to work to overturn the same sex marriage?

MARCO RUBIO: I disagree with it on constitutional grounds. As I have said–

CHUCK TODD: But are you going to work to overturn this?

MARCO RUBIO: I think it’s bad law. And for the following reason. If you want to change the definition of marriage, then you need to go to state legislatures and get them to change it. Because states have always defined marriage. And that’s why some people get married in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. And in Florida, you have to wait a couple days when you get your permit. Every state has different marriage laws. But I do not believe that the court system was the right way to do it because I don’t believe–

CHUCK TODD: But it’s done now. Are you going to work to overturn it?

MARCO RUBIO: You can’t work to overturn it. What you–

CHUCK TODD: Sure. You can do a constitutional amendment.

MARCO RUBIO: As I’ve said, that would be conceding that the current Constitution is somehow wrong and needs to be fixed. I don’t think the current Constitution gives the federal government the power to regulate marriage. That belongs at the state and local level. And that’s why if you want to change the definition of marriage, which is what this argument is about.
It’s not about discrimination. It is about the definition of a very specific, traditional, and age-old institution. If you want to change it, you have a right to petition your state legislature and your elected representatives to do it. What is wrong is that the Supreme Court has found this hidden constitutional right that 200 years of jurisprudence had not discovered and basically overturn the will of voters in Florida where over 60% passed a constitutional amendment that defined marriage in the state constitution as the union of one man and one woman.

CHUCK TODD: So are you accepting the idea of same sex marriage in perpetuity?

MARCO RUBIO: It is the current law. I don’t believe any case law is settled law. Any future Supreme Court can change it. And ultimately, I will appoint Supreme Court justices that will interpret the Constitution as originally constructed.

Yeah, ...

... this guy's ready for prime time.

Rolling Eyes

Sorry, you can't get elected in a general election with this position, and he's not going to be able to roll it back.

Despite all the lipstick, this douchenozzle is every bit the theocrat that Huckabee is.

8RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/14/2015, 1:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This is from 2012, but it's just as valid today...maybe a little more valid.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/04/ten-things-you-need-know-about-marco-rubio

9RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/14/2015, 1:45 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes it's so important that some flakes get to pervert words and practice Marxism....

10RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 12/18/2015, 3:54 pm

Sal

Sal

In the latest PPP poll, Rubio's unfavorables are exactly the same as Trumps, which makes him seven points more unfavorable than Cruz.

And in a head-to-head matchup, Cruz crushes him 48 to 34.

Xenophobes have long memories.

Hahahahahahahahahaha ....

11RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/3/2016, 2:41 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Told ya'll ....

12RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/3/2016, 2:56 pm

Sal

Sal

EmeraldGhost wrote:Told ya'll ....

.... that he'd come in third in Iowa?

Thanks, Nostradamus.

13RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/3/2016, 3:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He doesn't even like being a senator.......

Rubio tops list of absentee lawmakers
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/marco-rubio-john-conyers-absent-congress-115281

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

14RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 12:49 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Better get yourselves ready ..... "Rubio Boots" will be all the rage next year.

RUBIO Marco-Rubio-s-rivals-have-been-860x450_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PjtQxSFI9w

15RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 1:15 pm

2seaoat

You told us with Rubio going third in Iowa, will be lucky to get third in NH, and he has a snowball in hell chance of getting higher than third in South Carolina. So exactly tell us when this do nothing in his entire career bubble boy is going to say what you said he was going to do? Where will he finish in NH........I say third or lower.....what say you?

16RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 1:19 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:You told us with Rubio going third in Iowa, will be lucky to get third in NH, and he has a snowball in hell chance of getting higher than third in South Carolina.  So exactly tell us when this do nothing in his entire career bubble boy is going to say what you said he was going to do?   Where will he finish in NH........I say third or lower.....what say you?

A close second behind Cruz.

17RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 3:33 pm

2seaoat

A close second behind Cruz.

He will do better than Cruz who will finish fourth.

18RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 3:39 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:You're in lala land. Rubio can't beat Hillary.

Indictments are being polished as we speak.

Of course, as you well know, a criminal record, felonies, even manslaughter are considered to be gold stars on the resumes of Progressives.

19RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 4:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RUBIO 1208768031170037799

http://gawker.com/get-to-know-marco-rubio-the-biggest-idiot-running-for-1697567638

20RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 4:26 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Indictments are being polished as we speak.

No indictments will be laid on Hillary Clinton. Talk about this is nothing but wingnut hyperbole.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

21RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 4:45 pm

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:You're in lala land. Rubio can't beat Hillary.

Indictments are being polished as we speak.

Of course, as you well know, a criminal record, felonies, even manslaughter are considered to be gold stars on the resumes of Progressives.

Then they will also have to indict Powell and Rice, just came out they used personal email also.

22RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 4:47 pm

dumpcare

The nominee's will Rubio and Clinton.

23RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/4/2016, 5:37 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

ppaca wrote:The nominee's will Rubio and Clinton.

That's my prediction (always subject to change of course.)

24RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/5/2016, 7:48 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

If Cruz or Rubio, our two most famous Cuban Americans can win without the black, Latino, women's or youth vote, then one of these two assholes just might become President of the Dis-United States. LOL

25RUBIO Empty Re: RUBIO 2/8/2016, 12:30 pm

Sal

Sal

light weight ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum