Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another bad experience with Mediacom

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I always liked our Bell South DSL ten years ago on Navarre Beach. We had changed to Mediacom on a home we own in Navarre. Had problems, and really got treated badly one day when we went into the office in Gulf Breeze off 98. It has been so long ago that I cannot even recall my specific distaste, but I promised to never use them again.

Well after exhausting providers for two sites where this winter I will need high speed, I had to call media com.......well their computers were down, and as usual they were totally user unfriendly. I was going to give up when I thought.......WTF, my old Samsung had a hot spot capability, and although they asked if I had subscribed to it, I still used it when traveling. When I got the Note 2, I was told that the hot spot was an additional fee. Well I call and ask what the fee will be for the new hot spot service. They tell me I had an old plan which included tethering, and that I only had 3mg a month and that I can get 6mg now and save ten buck a month. So now I have internet at either location, I am getting a strong 3g signal, and I just doubled my bandwidth with a monthly reduction which allows me to have a couple of Bob's Whataburgers.........the best part.....I NEVER have to talk to a Mediacom person again.

Vikingwoman

I don't like Mediacom. They are rude and don't hold up to their agreements when you sign up. I have At&T now while they have billing problems they are not rude and try to accommodate their customers. Mediacom does not.

2seaoat

I waited twenty minutes to be told two locations this winter cannot get uverse, and as we are direct tv customers, I was hoping to get the high speed, but now I am happy direct TV will let us take a box down this winter, and we will pick up a dish off the internet and orient it ourselves.....free internet.........actually saved money increase bandwidth, and now free satellite......cannot beat the problems which Media com's system crashing saved us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum