Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mediacom

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mediacom Empty Mediacom 3/10/2016, 7:39 am

2seaoat

I hated them ten years ago and swore never to use them again, but I am unable to get high speed internet from ATT so I have no option. They give a time frame of noon to five for service call.......arrive around four, and give some BS reason why they cannot do the work today......almost five hours wasted, and the tech had an attitude......I do not even want to waste my time on the phone complaining.....I guess at some point it is on me for using them again.

2Mediacom Empty Re: Mediacom 3/10/2016, 9:36 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I hated them ten years ago and swore never to use them again, but I am unable to get high speed internet from ATT so I have no option.  They give a time frame of noon to five for service call.......arrive around four, and give some BS reason why they cannot do the work today......almost five hours wasted, and the tech had an attitude......I do not even want to waste my time on the phone complaining.....I guess at some point it is on me for using them again.

They are jerks....it was even worse when they were the only service in SRC.

3Mediacom Empty Re: Mediacom 3/10/2016, 1:59 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I hated them ten years ago and swore never to use them again, but I am unable to get high speed internet from ATT so I have no option. They give a time frame of noon to five for service call.......arrive around four, and give some BS reason why they cannot do the work today......almost five hours wasted, and the tech had an attitude......I do not even want to waste my time on the phone complaining.....I guess at some point it is on me for using them again.

They are jerks....it was even worse when they were the only service in SRC.

I've had Comcast, now known as Xfinity I guess since we came to Tallahassee in '71. Our bill then was $8.50 a month.

I still have it with high-speed internet and HD cable TV. I have been happy with their service probably 99% of the time. Their service calls have been within the 2-hour window since I can remember.

4Mediacom Empty Re: Mediacom 3/10/2016, 2:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've had Cox,  Uverse,  DirecTV and Dish. 
The Verdict:  They're all bureaucratic nightmares no different than government.  Nothing but necessary evils. 
Stop kidding yourselves by listening to right-wing and left-wing bloviation.  Sometimes corporate capitalism and communism are just different words for the same goddamn thing.
And no that's not the same thing as being "on the fence".  If I was on the fence I would be apathetic about both.  I loathe them all.

5Mediacom Empty Re: Mediacom 3/10/2016, 8:23 pm

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I've had Cox,  Uverse,  DirecTV and Dish. 
The Verdict:  They're all bureaucratic nightmares no different than government.  Nothing but necessary evils. 

Stop kidding yourselves by listening to right-wing and left-wing bloviation. 

Sometimes corporate capitalism and communism are just different words for the same goddamn thing.

And no that's not the same thing as being "on the fence".  If I was on the fence I would be apathetic about both.  I loathe them all.

I would never consider a satellite source.

Perhaps I have simply been very lucky. Either that or perhaps my 40+ years in sales, negotiations, and dealing with people gives me an edge. Maybe they look at my account and see I have been a loyal LONG TIME excellent customer.

Could be my spectacular attitude and disposition. Also, I always expect good service and I am seldom disappointed. I also never get agitated and speak with them calmly. I don't avoid negotiating with the folks either.

6Mediacom Empty Re: Mediacom 3/10/2016, 9:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I had Uverse until January.
About six months ago my bill shot up to $225 (for tv and internet).  I called and  was told of course that it was because all the discounts had run out like always.  So I changed my plan and got it down to $170. 
Except they never changed a damn thing. 
I called back again and said "either you change it this time or I'm gone".  They changed it the 2nd time.
Again,  I kept getting the same $225 bill.  EXCEPT this time they actually did reduce my level of service.  Just not the bill.
That was the last straw so they lost me as a customer.
Crooked sons of bitches.  Worse even than exterminators or the government.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum