Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JAY CARNEY ON UNREST IN MIDDLE EAST: ‘THIS IS NOT A CASE OF PROTESTS DIRECTED AT THE UNITED STATES’

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Friday insisted that the protests in the Middle East are not “directed at the United States” but are instead the direct result of an anti-Muslim YouTube clip.

“This is a fairly volatile situation, and it is in response not to United States policy, obviously not to the administration, not to the American people. It is in response to a video, a film, that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting — that in no way justifies any violent reaction to it.”

Carney went on to repeat this point at least two more times during his daily press briefing with reporters.

“But this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, but it is in response to video that is offensive to Muslims,” said Carney.

“The unrest we’ve seen is in reaction to a film in which the United States government had no involvement,”he added.

Watch some of Carney’s remarks and read the rest here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/jay-carney-on-unrest-in-middle-east-this-is-not-a-case-of-protest-directed-the-united-states/

This administration is completely clueless and out of touch.

lol... can you imagine his response when he was told what to say... he had to have been rolling his eyes.

VectorMan wrote:White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Friday insisted that the protests in the Middle East are not “directed at the United States” but are instead the direct result of an anti-Muslim YouTube clip.

“This is a fairly volatile situation, and it is in response not to United States policy, obviously not to the administration, not to the American people. It is in response to a video, a film, that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting — that in no way justifies any violent reaction to it.”

Carney went on to repeat this point at least two more times during his daily press briefing with reporters.

“But this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy, but it is in response to video that is offensive to Muslims,” said Carney.

“The unrest we’ve seen is in reaction to a film in which the United States government had no involvement,”he added.

Watch some of Carney’s remarks and read the rest here:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/jay-carney-on-unrest-in-middle-east-this-is-not-a-case-of-protest-directed-the-united-states/

This administration is completely clueless and out of touch.

Just posted on the same comments....didn't see your thread...Some asked who's in charge?...Now really starting to wonder...

4JAY CARNEY ON UNREST IN MIDDLE EAST: ‘THIS IS NOT A CASE OF PROTESTS DIRECTED AT THE UNITED STATES’ Empty I feel sorry for Jay Carney 9/14/2012, 4:31 pm

Markle

Markle

I feel sorry for Jay Carney.

That has to be almost impossible. I think I'd have to quit before I could go out in front of the public and say the explosion in the Middle East, the killing of our people and Ambassador, in our Embassy, burning of American Flags is NOT directed at the United States.

At the Democrat Convention they spiked the ball more than 20 times about how PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA had killed Osama bin Laden...the week before the 9/11 anniversary. And NO ONE in the White House had a clue that MAYBE there could be some blow-back?

Meanwhile, President Obama is YUCKING it up on David Letterman.

NaNook

NaNook

Markle wrote:I feel sorry for Jay Carney.

That has to be almost impossible. I think I'd have to quit before I could go out in front of the public and say the explosion in the Middle East, the killing of our people and Ambassador, in our Embassy, burning of American Flags is NOT directed at the United States.

At the Democrat Convention they spiked the ball more than 20 times about how PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA had killed Osama bin Laden...the week before the 9/11 anniversary. And NO ONE in the White House had a clue that MAYBE there could be some blow-back?

Meanwhile, President Obama is YUCKING it up on David Letterman.

Actually, Isreal sent them a heads-up last week. The warning is online and discussed in the newspapers of other countries. I guess we have an embargo here concerning the truth. Other countries are laughing at us...as they should.

2seaoat

Again the adults get it. You have an administration who has killed almost all the top Al Queda leadership and is taking the battle to them. You have a post colonial structural change in the middle east where corrupt despots are systematically being attacked by people who want economic opportunity and freedom. You have a historic deep seated religious battle with modernity. Now, you have nation states who have geopolitical influence in trade and long term influence in the area.....sprinkle a little outrage over a western modern nation in the middle of the region....oh who happens not to be muslim, and was created by Europe and the United States.......and you have the current Middle East going through transition.

Who is pulling the strings? Why are they pulling the strings? What is American interest in this region? How do we protect those interests?

I would suggest that State, CIA, and the defense department have been kicking butt for the last decade. The Bush doctrine was to bring democracy to the middle east. The invasion of Iraq for all its faults, did give us a better chance at achieving that goal. Now we see the seeds of democracy throughout the region when it has been a stated policy goal of three administrations, and we are surprised at it being a little messy. We lost 500k Americans in a civil war as we perfected our democracy, yet some people think this is going to be clean......really?

I think I can wait before I paint by the numbers......for those with talent they will paint reality.....for those who have no talent.......well they will act like artist and fill in the numbers and think this reflects reality.......nope .....this is the province of adults who actually have talents.

VectorMan

VectorMan

2seaoat wrote:Again the adults get it. You have an administration who has killed almost all the top Al Queda leadership and is taking the battle to them. You have a post colonial structural change in the middle east where corrupt despots are systematically being attacked by people who want economic opportunity and freedom. You have a historic deep seated religious battle with modernity. Now, you have nation states who have geopolitical influence in trade and long term influence in the area.....sprinkle a little outrage over a western modern nation in the middle of the region....oh who happens not to be muslim, and was created by Europe and the United States.......and you have the current Middle East going through transition.

Who is pulling the strings? Why are they pulling the strings? What is American interest in this region? How do we protect those interests?

I would suggest that State, CIA, and the defense department have been kicking butt for the last decade. The Bush doctrine was to bring democracy to the middle east. The invasion of Iraq for all its faults, did give us a better chance at achieving that goal. Now we see the seeds of democracy throughout the region when it has been a stated policy goal of three administrations, and we are surprised at it being a little messy. We lost 500k Americans in a civil war as we perfected our democracy, yet some people think this is going to be clean......really?

I think I can wait before I paint by the numbers......for those with talent they will paint reality.....for those who have no talent.......well they will act like artist and fill in the numbers and think this reflects reality.......nope .....this is the province of adults who actually have talents.

Good Lord! You sound like one of the talking-spinning heads on MSNBC. Carry on or lean forward or whatever yall do. But get a grip. Unless you believe Obama is the anointed one. Then , never mind.

VectorMan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Again the adults get it. You have an administration who has killed almost all the top Al Queda leadership and is taking the battle to them. You have a post colonial structural change in the middle east where corrupt despots are systematically being attacked by people who want economic opportunity and freedom. You have a historic deep seated religious battle with modernity. Now, you have nation states who have geopolitical influence in trade and long term influence in the area.....sprinkle a little outrage over a western modern nation in the middle of the region....oh who happens not to be muslim, and was created by Europe and the United States.......and you have the current Middle East going through transition.

Good Lord! You sound like one of the talking-spinning heads on MSNBC. Carry on or lean forward or whatever yall do. But get a grip. Unless you believe Obama is the anointed one. Then , never mind.

yes, seaoat is certainly a obamabot...

heres what krauthammer had to say, and i think he has valid points about this. i dont always agree wth him, but this seems about right.
-----------------------------------------
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think that's exactly right, but the issue goes way beyond the Libya attack. You know, to hear Jay Carney talking about this as as a result of a movie, or result of frustration. Provocations and frustration are a constant in the Middle East. They've been there for 1,000 years. But all of a sudden American interests, American embassies, American schools are aflame in the region. Why?

The answer, we heard from General Keene, he's a strategist. The reason is, people have looked in the region, the friends of America and enemies of America and they see the United States, which has dominated the region since 1970, when Kissinger did the strategic shift, Egypt from a pro-Soviet enemy to a pro-American ally. We have dominated the region. We are now in retreat.

Obama himself said we’re doing a pivot out of the Middle East into the Pacific. He's proclaimed the tide of war is over. He took us out of Iraq, leaving no residual force. He announced a withdrawal from Afghanistan on a timetable. When it came to the Arab Spring, he was indecisive. When you had the Green Revolution in Iran he would not support the protesters. Libya, half in and half out.

Everybody in the region understands that America, which had been the dominant element, is now in withdrawal, is not interested. The Gulf Arabs are apoplectic about Iran going nuclear, it’s not just Israel. And now our friends are looking around and saying, ‘Do we really have anybody who'll support us?’ And the extreme jihaddists and the moderate jihaddists in the region are saying ‘This is our time.’ That's what's happening.

I’ll give you one example of the withdrawal of our influence. Syria. Does anybody in the region ask what is the American position? Everybody wants to know what Russia is doing and thinking and what supplies it’s sending. What’s Iran doing? What's Hezbollah doing? America is irrelevant. In the region, our word, which used to be important, is now null and void.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Rogue wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

yes, seaoat is certainly a obamabot...

heres what krauthammer had to say, and i think he has valid points about this. i dont always agree wth him, but this seems about right.
-----------------------------------------
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think that's exactly right, but the issue goes way beyond the Libya attack. You know, to hear Jay Carney talking about this as as a result of a movie, or result of frustration. Provocations and frustration are a constant in the Middle East. They've been there for 1,000 years. But all of a sudden American interests, American embassies, American schools are aflame in the region. Why?

The answer, we heard from General Keene, he's a strategist. The reason is, people have looked in the region, the friends of America and enemies of America and they see the United States, which has dominated the region since 1970, when Kissinger did the strategic shift, Egypt from a pro-Soviet enemy to a pro-American ally. We have dominated the region. We are now in retreat.

Obama himself said we’re doing a pivot out of the Middle East into the Pacific. He's proclaimed the tide of war is over. He took us out of Iraq, leaving no residual force. He announced a withdrawal from Afghanistan on a timetable. When it came to the Arab Spring, he was indecisive. When you had the Green Revolution in Iran he would not support the protesters. Libya, half in and half out.

Everybody in the region understands that America, which had been the dominant element, is now in withdrawal, is not interested. The Gulf Arabs are apoplectic about Iran going nuclear, it’s not just Israel. And now our friends are looking around and saying, ‘Do we really have anybody who'll support us?’ And the extreme jihaddists and the moderate jihaddists in the region are saying ‘This is our time.’ That's what's happening.

I’ll give you one example of the withdrawal of our influence. Syria. Does anybody in the region ask what is the American position? Everybody wants to know what Russia is doing and thinking and what supplies it’s sending. What’s Iran doing? What's Hezbollah doing? America is irrelevant. In the region, our word, which used to be important, is now null and void.

Israel keeps making sure America stays relevant with Benjamin (pronounced Ben-yae-men)(the "J" has a "Y" sound to Jews) Netanyahu's beating the drum of America must attack Iran before America's Presidential election.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum