Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I hope it's two dollar gas.

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?   Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTlKel3y5ML5K3GmASMgw0-oZa4sRBoRVsk48NN-Vv8z1j51dhyA

Best be cheaper than that Teo.

**********CREEPY GRIN**********
I WOULD STOP IF I WERE YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZup5YLOWLE

Smile

2seaoat

What Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 could not accomplish.....America stopped Iran from developing the weapons systems which could have only resulted in War.....there was no other alternative.   Reagan tried....Bush 1 tried....Clinton tried.......Bush 2 tried and miserably failed as the centrifuges since 2003 went up by 20k.  98% of the material will be gone and peace is finally possible.  Where all others failed and Iran was less than six months away, President Obama and the alliance did what no other prior administration could do.

America can now hopefully quit throwing trillions into the middle east rabbit hole.  We can start to cut back our military aid to Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.  Not cold turkey but slowly turn down the dial.  Diplomacy works, but diplomacy never works unless you carry a big stick.  Obama was able to get a unified front on the 2013 sanctions forcing the Iranians to the table.  This is an amazing Month for the President and America.  Israel will be safer, and we must not let our vigilance down on state sponsored terrorism, but at least if it is Iran.....they will not have nuclear weapons.   If a person cannot see how this has helped America, then that person is a shill for the MIC or the Saudis, or Israel.   It is possible for MIC to reduce their output and profits by 30% while the world finds paths to peace.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I hope it's two dollar gas.  

Not me, the money going into the coffers of Iran will be going directly toward funding the state of Iran and their position as the greatest source of funding for terrorism in the world. It will also go toward funding their work toward a nuclear weapon and buying arms from Russia.

2seaoat

It will also go toward funding their work toward a nuclear weapon and buying arms from Russia.

At least it is their money and not ours.  When all nations in the Middle East allow Nuclear inspections, and buy their own arms, we will have peace in the Middle East.  America does not need to keep pouring billions into Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey, and the MIC will have to get another sugar daddy than the United States.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It will also go toward funding their work toward a nuclear weapon and buying arms from Russia.

At least it is their money and not ours.  When all nations in the Middle East allow Nuclear inspections, and buy their own arms, we will have peace in the Middle East.  America does not need to keep pouring billions into Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey, and the MIC will have to get another sugar daddy than the United States.

So with you, it is WONDERFUL if Iran expands their terrorist support, just so they use their own money.

Iran will be buying their weapons from Russia and selling oil on the open market, and to China so it WILL be our money paying for those weapons and attacks.

2seaoat wrote:What Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 could not accomplish.....America stopped Iran from developing the weapons systems which could have only resulted in War.....

The agreement just pushes back the bomb a few years and at the end they are a un sanctioned nuclear power.

Do you really think that ten or fifteen years mean anything to a culture that holds grudges for centuries?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Iran is a real terrorist nation. Let's see in the last 200 years they have invaded no one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state-sponsored_terrorism

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?

Gawd you're a moron! I wouldn't even waste my time explaining it.

Vikingwoman wrote:

Just more lockstep obama butt sniffing. You have no insight into or grasp of the deal or the potential consequences.

https://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/iran-deal-explained_991363.html

What we get:

- Iran reduces by about half the number of centrifuges actively enriching uranium

- Iran reduces its stockpile of enriched uranium from about five tons to 300 kilograms

- Iran repurposes its heavy water reactor in Arak so it does not produce plutonium

- An unspecified increase in inspections by the IAEA

What Iran gets:

Sanctions relief:

- Almost every type of U.S., EU, and UN sanctions lifted

- Repeal of six UN Security Council resolutions declaring the Iranian nuclear program illegal

- Top IRGC and Quds Force terrorists removed from the sanctions list, including Qassem Suleimani, leader of Iran’s campaign against U.S. soldiers in Iraq, and Ahmad Vahidi, mastermind of the 1994 Jewish community center bombing in Argentina that killed 85 people

- The removal from the sanctions list of approximately 800 people and legal entities, including 23 out of 24 Iranian banks

- $100 to $150 billion to be unfrozen and given to Iran with no restrictions on its use to purchase arms and fund terrorism, including funding for Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Assad regime in Syria

Nuclear program:

- Iran keeps every one of its nuclear centrifuges
- Iran keeps its entire physical nuclear infrastructure, including the enrichment facilities at Fordow and Natanz and the nuclear reactor at Bushehr
- Iran permitted to continue research and development on all of its advanced centrifuge designs, reducing nuclear breakout time at the end of the deal to weeks
- Iran permitted to transition its allowed enrichment of uranium from older centrifuge designs to advanced designs
- No “anywhere, anytime” inspections. Iran can delay inspection of any site for at least 24 days
- No requirement that Iran fully disclose past nuclear weapons research and development (known as the PMD issue)
- The P5+1 western powers pledge to collaborate with Iran on nuclear technology
- Restrictions on enrichment – part of the “sunset” of the deal – are lifted after eight years
- If Iran is thought to have violated the deal, in order to “snap back” sanctions a dispute resolution process must be undertaken that can last two and a half months, after which the matter can be referred to the UN Security Council. At the UNSC, the re-imposition of sanctions can be vetoed by Russia, which stands to earn billions of dollars from arms sales to a non-sanctioned Iran.

Concessions unrelated to nuclear program: - Ballistic missile embargo lifted after eight years

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think Iran learned a lesson somewhere along the way at that if you don't want bombed into the Stone Age and have your oil stolen you better be a nuclear power.

knothead

knothead

Most Americans understand the basics of this agreement, not every nuance but in general terms. Others who delve into the small print can legitimately take pot shots and engage in 'what ifs' but at the end of the day it was this agreement or war . . . . . I honestly believe that distilling it down this is where we are.  If true, the agreement is something never before accomplished and the naysayers will spend the next 60 days talking about Obama's capitulation to the Iranian nation . . . . . there are two sides to everything and it could possibly be a gateway to build trust, encourage the Iranian youth to support a bridge of communication and trust with the west . . . . give peace a chance!
The GOP Presidential contenders should make their case for what they would do and as a back drop make their pitch to the American people from one of our military cemeteries, like Arlington, and let the hard truth of what war means . . . . . it is insanity and if Obama has averted it I believe the American people will side with him.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Most Americans understand the basics of this agreement, not every nuance but in general terms. Others who delve into the small print can legitimately take pot shots and engage in 'what ifs' but at the end of the day it was this agreement or war . . . . . I honestly believe that distilling it down this is where we are.  If true, the agreement is something never before accomplished and the naysayers will spend the next 60 days talking about Obama's capitulation to the Iranian nation . . . . . there are two sides to everything and it could possibly be a gateway to build trust, encourage the Iranian youth to support a bridge of communication and trust with the west . . . . give peace a chance!
The GOP Presidential contenders should make their case for what they would do and as a back drop make their pitch to the American people from one of our military cemeteries, like Arlington, and let the hard truth of what war means . . . . . it is insanity and if Obama has averted it I believe the American people will side with him.  

Great points, Knothead!! George W. Bush proved that just making war against your opponents doesn't always work out the way you want it to. The Iraq disaster proved this out during the last decade. Obama faced down the shortsighted war-hawks concerning Iran and did the right thing.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Vikingwoman wrote:

That's because you're a dumb bitch who couldn't even rub two neurons together to make a spark.

*****EXPRESSIONLESS*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

Vikingwoman

He damn sure did,Z! I say if any of you naysayers don't like it then let it be your kids and grandkids that go over there and fight those bastards. You're not killing my kids!

Vikingwoman wrote:He damn sure did,Z! I say if any of you naysayers don't like it then let it be your kids and grandkids that go over there and fight those bastards. You're not killing my kids!

That wouldn't be a big loss for a stupid bitch like you who probably has another ten or twelve of the little bastards lined up to get their welfare endowments.

*****EXPRESSIONLESS*****

Neutral

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:

You're character, or rather lack thereof, never ceases to amaze me.

You can't waste your time because you don't know of anything either.

Markle wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

You're character, or rather lack thereof, never ceases to amaze me.

You can't waste your time because you don't know of anything either.

Didn't I just tell her that?

*****EXPRESSIONLESS*****

Neutral

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:Most Americans understand the basics of this agreement, not every nuance but in general terms. Others who delve into the small print can legitimately take pot shots and engage in 'what ifs' but at the end of the day it was this agreement or war . . . . . I honestly believe that distilling it down this is where we are.  If true, the agreement is something never before accomplished and the naysayers will spend the next 60 days talking about Obama's capitulation to the Iranian nation . . . . . there are two sides to everything and it could possibly be a gateway to build trust, encourage the Iranian youth to support a bridge of communication and trust with the west . . . . give peace a chance!

Great points, Knothead!! George W. Bush proved that just making war against your opponents doesn't always work out the way you want it to. The Iraq disaster proved this out during the last decade. Obama faced down the shortsighted war-hawks concerning Iran and did the right thing.

President Bush handed over a peaceful, democratic nation to the semi-retired President Obama who turned it into an ISIS strong hold, growing and becoming more dangerous.

Great work.

You may recall that President Obama was awarded the liar of the year just a year or two ago. Iran is celebrating as they got everything they want PLUS Americans will not be allowed to do any inspections.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:President Bush handed over a peaceful, democratic nation to the semi-retired President Obama who turned it into an ISIS strong hold, growing and becoming more dangerous.

You may recall that President Obama was awarded the liar of the year just a year or two ago.  Iran is celebrating as they got everything they want PLUS Americans will not be allowed to do any inspections.

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?   AnimatedLaughterPink

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:President Bush handed over a peaceful, democratic nation to the semi-retired President Obama who turned it into an ISIS strong hold, growing and becoming more dangerous.

You may recall that President Obama was awarded the liar of the year just a year or two ago.  Iran is celebrating as they got everything they want PLUS Americans will not be allowed to do any inspections.

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?   AnimatedLaughterPink

What did the United States get out of the "deal" with Iran?   E2454354-4d44-4ac6-9b35-84e4be224b5b

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum