Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will republicans shut down the government again in October?

+2
2seaoat
boards of FL
6 posters

Will republicans shut down the government again in October?

Will republicans shut down the government again in October? I_vote_lcap78%Will republicans shut down the government again in October? I_vote_rcap 78% [ 7 ]
Will republicans shut down the government again in October? I_vote_lcap22%Will republicans shut down the government again in October? I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/09/conservatives-embark-on-another-futile-fight/404242/

Just read an article on childhood tantrums. Not much difference in the behavior of a toddler and the Congress.

2seaoat

The battle being fought now indicates that John is no longer the Speaker of the House. They cannot even get the Iran resolution completed. If he goes, the crazies will crash the government. The reason folks in the Republican Primary are polling at over 51% for two outsiders is exactly this kind of behavior......you would think they would learn that they are the ones who are crashing the party......brilliant strategy, but again when you build your platform around stupid, do not be surprised by who shows up in Congress.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

They are more concerned with opposing President Obama on the Iran deal than they are with actually doing things needed to govern this country.

Today's House of Representatives and Senate are a complete joke. They cannot even decide on how to vote against Obama's deal with Iran. The president must be shaking his head and laughing out loud.

I am not saying the Democrats would do a better job running those two bodies than the Republicans have, but the GOP is now so dysfunctional that Capitol Hill in Washington DC is one big cuckoos nest.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Again, if you invite the Hell's Angels to your daughter's 18th birthday party, do not act surprised with what follows.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:They are more concerned with opposing President Obama on the Iran deal than they are with actually doing things needed to govern this country.

Today's House of Representatives and Senate are a complete joke. They cannot even decide on how to vote against Obama's deal with Iran. The president must be shaking his head and laughing out loud.

I am not saying the Democrats would do a better job running those two bodies than the Republicans have, but the GOP is now so dysfunctional that Capitol Hill in Washington DC is one big cuckoos nest.

DEms had their chance with a super majority...they did nothing to help the US

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:DEms had their chance with a super majority...they did nothing to help the US

Republicans have owned both the Senate and the Congress since 2014, and they haven't yet even graduated from nursery school to kindergarten. They are a joke.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Obamasucks wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:They are more concerned with opposing President Obama on the Iran deal than they are with actually doing things needed to govern this country.

DEms had their chance with a super majority...they did nothing to help the US

That "super majority" you're so fond of pointing out lasted about 6 months...barely enough time to pass the Affordable Care Act.

Sal

Sal

It is astonishing to see how many people will vote for these clowns, over and over, while failing to realize that passing legislation that hurts regular people is the only thing the Republicans ever do.

At this point, they could run on a platform where they publicly declare that "We will hurt you if you vote for us" and they'd still likely get 40% of the vote.

It boggles the mind.

polecat

polecat

Republicans considering a government shutdown to solve the problem of the government being open.- LOLGOP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum