Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP's Workforce Investment Improvement Act Really Will Gut Welfare's Work Requirement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Repuke hypocrisy on display!

Republicans have embraced a widely debunked premise to attack President Obama for “gutting” welfare reform. But a House GOP bill that has already cleared a major committee would actually ax the welfare program’s work requirements, according to Congress’ nonpartisan referee.

The legislation — H.R. 4297, The Workforce Investment Improvement Act — was unveiled in March by Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC) and cosponsored by six Republican colleagues. Among them was Education & Workforce Chairman John Kline (R-MN), who passed the bill through his committee in June.

The measure is aimed at streamlining workforce training by letting states slash redundant programs and consolidate them with the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) welfare program — into one Workforce Investment Fund (WIF). States would be given so much flexibility that the restrictions in the 1996 welfare law need no longer apply, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service.

“Thus, for example, if TANF funds were consolidated into the WIF, TANF program requirements (e.g., work requirements) may no longer apply to that portion of funding because the TANF funding would not exist (i.e., it would be part of the WIF and thus subject to WIF program requirements),” CRS concluded in a memo.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/house-gop-bill-end-welfare-reform-work-requirent.php

digging up stuff that aint even passed or needed to be passed because your obummer in chief went and axed one of the best welfare reforms we ever had?

I see. I understand your desperate.

Sal

Sal

Rogue wrote:digging up stuff that aint even passed or needed to be passed because your obummer in chief went and axed one of the best welfare reforms we ever had?

But, Obama didn't and the Repuke plan would, you see.

I understand you're ignorant.

salinsky wrote:
Rogue wrote:digging up stuff that aint even passed or needed to be passed because your obummer in chief went and axed one of the best welfare reforms we ever had?

But, Obama didn't and the Repuke plan would, you see.

I understand you're ignorant.

Never truer words spoken. There's no end to that ignorance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum