Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Constitutional requirement for Presidency of USA

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I post this to base my continued comments.  From the US Constitution:
The U.S. Constitution provides as follows:

Article II Section 1 Clause 5:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Amendment XIV Section 1:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Also, The Presidential Succession Act of 1947 keeps us governed.  

How have we come to the point that health records are discussed on news shows of the candidates as some type of prerequisite for the Presidency? Tax records?

So much ado...

2seaoat

Who argues tax returns or medical records are a Constitutional prerequisite for being President? I have never heard such an argument from"news shows". It is amusing that the constitution eligibility requirements had a candidate born in Canada, and that Income tax was not the form of taxation at the time of the constitution.

Plenty of Presidential Candidates have refused to release their tax records. Nothing new here. There will always be someone hiding something.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Then how was Ted Cruz ever eligible to run? Did you notice how PeeDog made excuses for Cruz, forgetting that he started 1,000 threads about Obama not being eligible because he allegedly was born in Kenya?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/web/presidentialtaxreturns

Click on link to see who has released.

Individual income tax returns — including those of public figures — are private information, protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Indeed, the Internal Revenue Service is barred from releasing any taxpayer information whatsoever, except to authorized agencies and individuals.

Like all other citizens, U.S. presidents enjoy this protection of their privacy. Since the early 1970s, however, most presidents have chosen to release their returns publicly. In the hope of making this information more widely available, the Tax History Project at Tax Analysts has compiled an archive of presidential tax returns.

In addition, we have made available returns from recent candidates for president, including those running in party primaries. The Tax History Project is currently compiling a more complete archive of candidate returns, and we welcome suggestions on who to include and where to find additional returns.

2seaoat wrote:Who argues tax returns or medical records are a Constitutional prerequisite for being President?  I have never heard such an argument from"news shows".  It is amusing that the constitution eligibility requirements had a candidate born in Canada, and that Income tax was not the form of taxation at the time of the constitution.

Plenty of Presidential Candidates have refused to release their tax records.  Nothing new here.   There will always be someone hiding something.

Just saying the requirements, by Constitution, are simple and straightforward. Yet here we are.....

2seaoat

Again, just saying, to link the disclosures to a constitutional requirement is to diminish the importance of releasing tax returns. Just saying.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Did I miss it? Where does it say the person running for president must be sane?

Or honest?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I would be in favor an Amendment which mandates that any future president has to be a bush or clinton.  I think it's only fair that jenna and chelsea get a turn. They grew up in the white house so they're already qualified.

2seaoat

I would be in favor an Amendment which mandates that any future president has to be a bush or clinton. I think it's only fair that jenna and chelsea get a turn. They grew up in the white house so they're already qualified.

Dixiecrat nihilism.....why am I not surprised where issues and policy matter.....Bob can find a fence post somewhere. No discussion of qualitative issues just the illusion of false equivalency.

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:I would be in favor an Amendment which mandates that any future president has to be a bush or clinton.

You will more than likely get your wish in 2020.

2seaoat

You will more than likely get your wish in 2020.

I was going to disagree with your post thinking you were referring to Bush, who I believe the name will never win in a Republican Primary, but then the light bulb went off......Clinton's second term will be in 2020. Embarassed

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:You will more than likely get your wish in 2020.

I was going to disagree with your post thinking you were referring to Bush, who I believe the name will never win in a Republican Primary, but then the light bulb went off......Clinton's second term will be in 2020. Embarassed

I think the stage is set for Clinton vs. Bush 2 in 2020. Who else will they flock to other than the tried and true Bush brand? I'm sure the Bush family still wants revenge for Clinton vs. Bush 1 in 1992.

Ghwb-bush1
Gwb-bush2
Obama-bush3
Hillary-bush4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Telstar wrote:

I think the stage is set for Clinton vs. Bush 2 in 2020. Who else will they flock to other than the tried and true Bush brand? I'm sure the Bush family still wants revenge for Clinton vs. Bush 1 in 1992.

I agree.  
But in 2020 the Bush's are REALLY going to want revenge for Bush brudda losing in 2016.
Plus,  Bush brudda's nephew will be governor of Texas by then and you know what happens to Bush's after that.

But not to worry,  Chelsea will be ready for the presidency by 2024.
So my prediction is Clinton in 16,  Bush in 20 and back to Clinton in 24.

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:
Telstar wrote:

I agree.  
But in 2020 the Bush's are REALLY going to want revenge for Bush brudda losing in 2016.
Plus,  Bush brudda's nephew will be governor of Texas by then and you know what happens to Bush's after that.

But not to worry,  Chelsea will be ready for the presidency by 2024.
So my prediction is Clinton in 16,  Bush in 20 and back to Clinton in 24.

Well that will keep the Bush win streak started in 1980 going till at least 2024, if Trump doesn't win in November and that's looking very likely, I don't know why they would bother running a ticket without a Bush on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum