Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob....how is that electric car investment going?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I heard something about a drop in value......what is the deal?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm looking real bad on it right now, seaoat. If I sold today I would lose my ass.
This was one of the dumbest bets I ever made. I mean right up there at the top of being wrong.

It's still too early for electric cars. Gonna take too long for me to see anything out of this or any other innovation of this scale. These things play out over a period of time and it won't be my time. I didn't fully appreciate that when I pulled the trigger.
Plus Musk is a real renegade. There's never been anything like him in the business world. And ordinarily that might prove to be profitable for shareholders. But not with Musk. His mind is in so many places that he needs a travel agent for a psychiatrist. But his mind is mostly in outer space.

It's pretty incredible what he's accomplishing with Spacex. He is testing and about to unveil something NASA was never able to do.
He's built a rocket that delivers a payload to orbit, and then the whole rocket lands on earth Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon style. Meaning it's own rocket propulsion backs it down to Earth.
What is so good about this? It's being estimated the reusable rockets will cut the cost of going into orbit by 50%. Hell I just wish they'd let him take over the government and do the same thing for the country.

But alas, the space stuff don't do shit for my investment. Because the car company which I bought has no financial tie to the space company.

2seaoat

Sorry, hopefully it is just a hiccup. I will play poker.....I will not gamble and put money in the stock market ever again.

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, hopefully it is just a hiccup.  I will play poker.....I will not gamble and put money in the stock market ever again.

oh hmm seaoat, did you just say you would never put money in the stock market ever again?

Are you feeing the middle class pain of having your life savings ripped out from under you all because of some manipulating ashats? Probably not, but its a interesting comment never the less. Wink 

2seaoat

The stock market is a gamble which at my age I feel is not an intelligent choice. I made a great deal of money and lost a great deal of money, and not a bit of difference in the criteria.......therein lies the problem. My first successful stock was Rhodes furniture which had outlets in Pensacola.....I killed with that stock in the late 70s and early 80s especially after hurricanes......but for every one I won there were plenty of losers.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I'm looking real bad on it right now,  seaoat.  If I sold today I would lose my ass.
This was one of the dumbest bets I ever made.  I mean right up there at the top of being wrong.

It's still too early for electric cars.  Gonna take too long for me to see anything out of this or any other innovation of this scale.  These things play out over a period of time and it won't be my time.  I didn't fully appreciate that when I pulled the trigger.
Plus Musk is a real renegade.  There's never been anything like him in the business world.  And ordinarily that might prove to be profitable for shareholders.   But not with Musk.  His mind is in so many places that he needs a travel agent for a psychiatrist.  But his mind is mostly in outer space.

It's pretty incredible what he's accomplishing with Spacex.  He is testing and about to unveil something NASA was never able to do.
He's built a rocket that delivers a payload to orbit,  and then the whole rocket lands on earth Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon style.  Meaning it's own rocket propulsion backs it down to Earth.
What is so good about this?  It's being estimated the reusable rockets will cut the cost of going into orbit by 50%.  Hell I just wish they'd let him take over the government and do the same thing for the country.

But alas,  the space stuff don't do shit for my investment.  Because the car company which I bought has no financial tie to the space company.

You should have invested in an Electric Chair. Something we need. An Electric Cat would be cool. You never need cat litter and they would have a steady Purr.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

There was alot of media hype going on when you bought bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I didn't do enough research on Musk before I bought in.  I should have been paying attention to something Musk has said.
He has said the only reason he went into the car business is to "prove that an electric car can be a lot more than a golf cart".  
And he's now proved that point with the product he created.
But the big question remains.  Can a limited production $80,000 car in a niche market keep an automobile manufacturing company going long enough for it to have a chance to succeed? And does Musk really care.
I doubt it.  I now think it's possible for the whole thing to go down the tubes over time and take my money with it.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Reading this stuff is what gives me the willies. This is a new breed of entrepreneur who doesn't really care about making money or business success.
For him failure is no big deal. lol

http://www.profitguide.com/startup/best-practices/branson-and-musk-most-businesses-fail-so-what-55949

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum