Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much does the employee cost the employer?

+2
2seaoat
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

How much does the employee cost the employer? Cost-e10

The details:
http://www.oningroup.com/employee-cost.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What is your point?

That it's bush's fault obviously... lol.

2seaoat

That is low. Actual costs are higher depending on the top of business.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Higher.

Yes, Joani and Seaoat, I agree.

Here's an article that shows what is happening in Walmart. They have raised minimum wage to $9.00

It's a two edged sword.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-31/wal-mart-cuts-some-workers-hours-after-pay-raise-boosts-costs

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How much does the employee cost the employer? Walmart-tax-haven-map-for-web

http://www.americansfortaxfairness.org/walmart-tax-havens/

Poor Walmart. Rolling Eyes

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Stop going to Walmart...problem solved....

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Stop going to Walmart...problem solved....

I stopped going to Walmart, and although it helped to restore my faith in humanity, it did not solve the burden Walmart places on our society.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Salinsky wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Stop going to Walmart...problem solved....

I stopped going to Walmart, and although it helped to restore my faith in humanity, it did not solve the burden Walmart places on our society.

We keep the beast alive with money....unfortunately a lot of people get free money and don't care where they spend it....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.success.com/article/sam-waltons-rules-for-success

Sam Walton's Rules for Success

The founder of Wal-Mart had 10 rules for running a successful business.
Harvey Mackay

Sam Walton, the legendary founder of Wal-Mart, had 10 rules for running a successful business. They are simple and straightforward, but guess what? I would bet the farm that a great many businesses don't follow them—and they'd be better off if they did.
Read these (my comments follow) and see how they might fit into your business plan.
1. Commit to your business. Believe in it more than anyone does. Passion is at the top of the list of the skills you need to excel. When you have passion, you speak with conviction, act with authority and present with zeal. If you don't have an intense, burning desire for what you are doing, there's no way you'll be able to work the long, hard hours it takes to become successful.

2. Share profits with your employees. If you treat them as partners, they will treat you as a partner, and together you will perform beyond your wildest dreams. Employees are the life-blood of any good company. Many companies seem to have fancy incentive programs for the big wheels, but smart companies have bonuses and profit-sharing all the way down the line.

3. Motivate your partners. Money and ownership are not enough. Set high goals, encourage competition and then keep score. Competition makes you better and stronger. You should not only welcome stiff competition, you should actively seek it. You'll never realize your full potential unless you're challenged. Similarly, if you don't set goals to determine where you're going, how will you know when you get there? You must stay focused on your goals above all else. Truly dedicated individuals won't let anything interfere with attaining their goals.

4. Communicate everything you possibly can to your employees. The more they know, the more they will understand. Information is power, but it must be used to empower your workforce. You will be amazed how a few snippets of information can transform a business into a powerhouse.

5. Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. In addition to point #2, find ways to let your employees know that you value their contributions. Invite your customers to share their stories of great service and post them for all to see. Catch people doing a good job and let them know you notice. It keeps everyone motivated and does wonders for retention. Remember that your successes result from a group effort.

6. Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures. Don't take yourself so seriously. Maintain a positive tone, even when things don't go as planned. Although a failure may not be funny at the time, there's always a lesson to be learned. Often, the lesson learned is humility.

7. Listen to everyone in your company, and figure out ways to get them talking. Many people think that communication means getting others to do what you want them to do. For them, good listening means, "I talk, you listen." These people have forgotten the basic truth about being a good listener: Listening is a two-way process… Yes, you need to be heard. You also need to hear the other person's ideas, questions and objections. If you talk at people instead of with them, they're not buying in—they're caving in.

8. Exceed your customers' expectations. There's one thing no business has enough of: customers. Take care of the customers you have and they'll take care of you by coming back—and bringing their friends. On the flip side, disappoint customers, and they'll disappoint you—and then disappear.

9. Control your expenses better than your competition. Wal-Mart tries to help its customers follow this rule. If you aren't already watching pennies, start now.

10. Swim upstream. If everyone else is doing it one way, there is a good chance you can find your niche by going in the opposite direction. Following the crowd leaves you with very little room to maneuver.

Walmart's original niche was rural markets...all in the US...and a part of Walmart's appeal at that time was AMERICAN-MADE PRODUCTS. In part, Walmart's growth was enabled by regional distribution centers, aggressive purchasing strategy, and EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION (as detailed above). Sam Walton must be spinning in his grave.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Brilliant man..unfortunately greed seeped into his brood.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/top-10-corporate-tax-avoiders

1. General Electric

From 2008 to 2013, while GE made over $33.9 billion in United States profits, it received a total tax refund of more than $2.9 billion from the Internal Revenue Service.

G.E.’s effective U.S. corporate income tax rate over this six year period was -9 percent.

In 2012, GE stashed $108 billion in offshore tax havens to avoid paying income taxes. If this practice were outlawed, GE would have paid $37.8 billion in federal income taxes that year.

During the financial crisis, the Federal Reserve provided GE with $16 billion in financial assistance, at a time when its CEO Jeffrey Immelt was a director of the New York Federal Reserve.

GE has been a leader in outsourcing decent paying jobs to China, Mexico and other low-wage countries.

Mr. Immelt has a retirement account at General Electric worth an estimated $59 million and made $19 million in total compensation last year.

He is a member of the Business Roundtable, a group that wants to raise the eligibility age for Medicare and Social Security to 70, cut Social Security and veterans’ benefits, increase taxes on working families, and cut corporate taxes even further.

On December 6, 2002, Jeffrey Immelt said at an investors’ meeting, “When I am talking to GE managers, I talk China, China, China, China, China. You need to be there. You need to change the way people talk about it and how they get there. I am a nut on China. Outsourcing from China is going to grow to $5 billion. We are building a tech center in China. Every discussion today has to center on China. The cost basis is extremely attractive. You can take an 18 cubic foot refrigerator, make it in China, land it in the United States, and land it for less than we can make an 18 cubic foot refrigerator today, ourselves.”

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In my last place of employment, every employee received an annual letter showing the actual cost to the company of their employment. When you add-in the employer's share of your costs to Social Security, Medicare, and then what they pay towards your medical benefit, your cost is significantly higher than your salary. Your salary may be advertised at say $50,000, but you can bet the company has already budgeted in about 20% more to account for your total cost before they hire you.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It runs almost double your employee's salary.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
What is your point?

Good question.

Is it that employers should not be expected to pay a living wage because there are hidden, yet widely understood, costs of employment?

That's bullshit.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:In my last place of employment, every employee received an annual letter showing the actual cost to the company of their employment.

Yeah, I worked for a company that issued those letters.

My reaction was, "yeah, so fucking what?".

I didn't stay there very long.

Don't insult my intelligence, you condescending, greedy fucks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum