Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have health insurance through your employer? Get ready for Obama to tax it

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/health-care-tax-hikes-2013-may-just-start-080000868.html

Well, hells bells...tax those of us already paying for health insurance to give to those who refuse to be responsible and pay for their own. WTH? Shaft the middle and upper middle class. No taxes except on the 1%, right? An outright lie as usual.

I don't know where you get it's a lie? The tax is on the $200-$250,000 bracket as he always said he wanted to tax. It doesn't affect you at all.

2seaoat

Well, hells bells...tax those of us already paying for health insurance to give to those who refuse to be responsible and pay for their own. WTH? Shaft the middle and upper middle class. No taxes except on the 1%, right? An outright lie as usual.

I do not understand a word of what you have said above. Could you explain how your are paying more taxes? Also, do you think it is fair that being self employed a person buys health insurance, yet you get money from your employer and it does not get taxed because the portion of your salary was used to purchase health insurance. The taxing of benefits has been on the table for 25 years, and now you want to blame Obama for this concept......but in the end.....how do we find tax fairness if some people are getting up to 5k a year income and pay no tax, and others are talking about taking all deductions away......which barely match the amount which could be generated by taxing all of employees income.

You can rationalize it any way you like... but there will be smaller margin for a group that are already feeling pressure w stagnant wages and a rising cost of living. Social engineering is a dangerous... often uncontrollable... academic game.

Good luck... I guess the next generation will live within our collectivist edicts whether they like it or not.

NaNook

NaNook

If employee benefits are to be taxed, then tax all employee benefits. Include any private use of public assets. Like; cars, planes, parking spaces, homes ( governors, presidents, vps, etc). They are in the 1% and can afford it. Obama said he could pay more taxes. 1099 him the cost of transportation his family uses.

I still say a 5% national sales tax on all purchases other than primary homes is the way to go. Bring some of the underground economy money into the sunshine.

NaNook wrote:If employee benefits are to be taxed, then tax all employee benefits. Include any private use of public assets. Like; cars, planes, parking spaces, homes ( governors, presidents, vps, etc). They are in the 1% and can afford it. Obama said he could pay more taxes. 1099 him the cost of transportation his family uses.

I still say a 5% national sales tax on all purchases other than primary homes is the way to go. Bring some of the underground economy money into the sunshine.

Why just him? 1099 all the transportation costs everybody uses in their jobs then-all the military families and all.

PkrBum wrote:You can rationalize it any way you like... but there will be smaller margin for a group that are already feeling pressure w stagnant wages and a rising cost of living. Social engineering is a dangerous... often uncontrollable... academic game.

Good luck... I guess the next generation will live within our collectivist edicts whether they like it or not.

Have health insurance through your employer? Get ready for Obama to tax it Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwQ1Suf5OjmNLVqNVwCqnkCllOp5_86AsVDrIrdMRbFxCoVpV5

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JynwVKXzc9s

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum