Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retired Army General Says He’s ‘Ashamed To Be An American’ After Brutal Arrest By Police

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.mintpressnews.com/retired-army-general-says-hes-ashamed-to-be-an-american-after-brutal-arrest-by-police/208846/

Police believed the driver though, and they decided the elderly man needed some police-administered “street justice.”

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

You can't assault police officers & resist arrest ... I don't care who you are. What's good for Sandra Bland is good for General Livsey.  If you feel you are being unfairly treated ... tell it to the judge.

(btw ... old people bruise easily & have thinner skin, especially on the backs of their hands & forearms .... so that's not necessarily any kind of evidence he was brutalized.   I know I'm always dinging up the back of my hands now that I'm in my mid-50's ..... on things that would have barely left a mark when I was younger)

Vikingwoman

His skin was torn though not just bruised up. The poor man can barely walk.

2seaoat

You can't assault police officers & resist arrest ... I don't care who you are. What's good for Sandra Bland is good for General Livsey. If you feel you are being unfairly treated ... tell it to the judge.

Bull Chit. Americans need to pull the plug on out of control police and stop having the tail wag the dog. Public servants shall serve and protect the public and when they do not at the least they should lose their jobs. Sandra Bland was abused and unfortunately the citizens will have to pay, but in this case some officers need to find other work. The police should have given the food to the delivery man and told the parties to take it up in a civil court. Instead they beat up a general. Disgraceful that the Barnies are beating up old men.....there is a weakness which is drawing to police work where the Barney model is in full throttle. Andy has left the building. Apologist for the police only compounds the problems with the current police state.

I'm trying to draw the connection between being beaten up by a police officer (terrible act) and being ashamed to be an American. Doesn't add up. But it does grab a news story headline - GENERAL ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:His skin was torn though not just bruised up. The poor man can barely walk.

You think an old person can't resist vigorously or even become violent? I suggest you ask any orderly in a nursing home about that.

Did he assault the officers?   How vigorously did he resist?   We don't know.

Did he feel his status as a retired General (rather than, say, a retired Sergeant .... or retired anything else) gave him some sort of special status, immunities, or privilege to behave in an uncooperative manner with the Officers? Again ... we just don't know.  So I, for one, am not going to jump to any conclusions on this matter.

2seaoat

I do not have to jump to conclusions. The facts are all I need. A retired general who served this country with heroic performance as shown by the award of the silver star, in his own home in his mid eighties is assaulted and beat up by barnies who are more and more being attracted to police work where carte blanche has been granted to them since 2001 911. It is an American disgrace. Eighty bucks of chinese food and a general gets a beat down....where on earth does somebody think that they can rationalize this conduct with officer safety or public service. This is becoming too regular and America has had enough. We need massive cuts and retraining in law enforcement. We need the Supreme Court to continue to put teeth back into the fourth amendment protections. Enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum