Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide

+6
Hospital Bob
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Sal

Sal

The video has now been taken down.

Hmmmm ....

2seaoat

This country may be saved by simple camera phones.   The abuses of citizen have been growing for thirty years as the war on drugs had the Supreme Court expanding exceptions to warrantless searches......this however has began to be reversed in the last decade as the abuses are now fully out of control, and the scary part is normally intelligent and kind people in the May's mob who rushed to judgment and all but denied a citizen's right to be free from seizure without probable cause or a warrant is always being cast as the citizen being black.....every day white citizens and black citizens are being abused by a Criminal justice system which is beginning to cannibalize American citizens.....enough.   We all need to engage our brains and read our constitution and understand the abuses which caused our founding fathers to put the fourth amendment in our constitution.....they were wise men who were courageous, we have become a cowardly society seeking creature comforts so willing to seek insular comfort and security at the expense of freedom and liberty......we have become a domesticated flock of sheep.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/tan-nguyen-nevada/

Who in their right mind in the legal system EVER okay-ed civil asset forfeiture

? !

Nguyen protested that the officer had no right to rob him. But Deputy Dove reminded him that government theft is legal in a police state.

“Everyday I do this,” said the Deputy Dove. “It’s all I do for a living. It’s drug interdiction and I get money.”

“The only reason why you have that cash is because it’s related to some sort of illegal activity,” said the deputy. “You know it and I know it.”

He goes on: “With everybody, that’s what I do because they don’t want the problems or the headaches so they abandon the money. They take what they’ve got in their wallet, or in this case cashiers checks, and they bolt.”

According to a subsequent lawsuit, Dove told Nguyen that he would be arrested unless he “got in his car and drove off and forgot this ever happened.”

Nothing will change until the highest levels of govt are held accountable and are forced to be transparent.

Take gunrunning to criminal cartels, clapper flat lying to us about domestic information gathering, holder spying on and intimidating the media, the persecution of whistleblowers, the irs targeting groups and destroying evidence after subpoena, hillary erasing her server, presidents lying about policy and misrepresenting agreements... etc.

The root problem is that neither party wants to use one set of standards.

2seaoat

The seeds of this corruption started with prohibition and the drug war.  It was a political calculation which has now fully backfired on those who created this monster.  The Criminal Justice System must be cut and this war on American citizens must stop.

2seaoat wrote:The seeds of this corruption started with prohibition and the drug war.  It was a political calculation which has now fully backfired on those who created this monster.  The Criminal Justice System must be cut and this war on American citizens must stop.

No... it started with wilson threatening the press, jailing those that criticized him or his policies, and the sedition act.

He was a rotten racist sob and should've never been president... thanks teddy.

Vikingwoman

boards of FL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit?  He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation.  She explained why.  That should have been it.  He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness.  "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that.  He's terrible at it.  We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

He doesn't have to breath her cigarette smoke. He asked her to put it out. She refused. He asked her to get out of the car. She refused. She was not cooperative and then he ordered her out of the car. She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

2seaoat

She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

Yes  He was not up to her shoulders and he seemed to need to prove something, but in the end it does not matter what I say......he has been suspended on administrative leave.  NBC cited the reasons which were multiple breaches of protocol.  However, you can tell the department about this splendid police work, and how they made a mistake, and the officer did not escalate this stop......curious do you approve of leading a motorist out of range of the squad camera, and then claiming you were assaulted?

Barney......"Otis......get out of that cell........."

Sal

Sal

I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Vikingwoman wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:He's not going to lose his job. I don't know when people decided it was ok to treat the police like shit? Many are just doing their job. Act like an adult and you won't get yourself in these situations. There are plenty of cops who do abuse citizens.It's just not necessary to antagonize the police.

Where are you getting the idea that she treated him like shit?  He told her she seemed agitated - a dickish comment that someone only makes if they're trying to escalate a situation.  She explained why.  That should have been it.  He then decided to crank up the volume on his dickishness.  "Can you put out that cigarette?"

This asshole entirely created that situation and has no business working in a career like that.  He's terrible at it.  We have plain video evidence of his incompetence.

He doesn't have to breath her cigarette smoke. He asked her to put it out. She refused. He asked  her to get out of the car. She refused. She was not cooperative and then he ordered her out of the car. She then started calling him a pussy and fighting w/ him after he was handcuffing her and kicked him. And you say he escalated it?

Yes. She refused. That is her right to do so. She also did not have to get out of the car. She also had every right to call him a pussy. I probably would have called him a wide array of things had I been in that situation. But then again, I'm a white male so I have no clue what that would be like.

2seaoat

I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

I agree.  I always put my mother in the driver's seat to make sure I am not being guilty of the race card.  I never mentioned race in this stop, because the violations were so obscene, race never could cover this officer's conduct.  It you want your mother to be treated like this by peace officers, then you have to be a very frightened individual who is willing to give up constituwant your tional protections for a little perceived safety.  There is no excuse for this officer, or the officer in the May's stop.  People will take the racial path, but just ask if your mother should be treated like this.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

https://news.yahoo.com/da-too-early-know-woman-died-texas-jail-071406087.html#

here's the video.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Vikingwoman

Snark Spigot wrote:I really can't see how you can look at the video and determine the cop acted properly, unless you always give the police the benefit of the doubt, or you always view black people as suspicious and a threat, or both.

I knew that was coming. Every time a black person is involved if you don't agree w/ their behavior then you're a racist. I look at how people behave. In all the instances of the police stops we've discussed people behaved badly. I've been on both sides of this fence and you get tired of people acting like asses. The very idea that the police may pull you over for infractions entitles, in some people's minds, for them to act indignant and abusive. The woman could have said " I'm sorry if the smoke bothers you, I'll put it out or just "ok". But no she has to start some shit about being in her car and act pissed off. How many times a day do they have to put up w/ that shit to not be alright? She could have been polite and courteous and driven off w/ a warning. This shit about inciting your rights and provoking police gets you nowhere but jail. It's not smart, Oatie and the police usually win.

2seaoat

The officer is making a back story on the extraction allegedly to his supervisor, but probably these dumb aszes tried to splice the sound into the video and did not do a very good job.......this guy did not get suspended for a hanging.....he got put on administrative leave because of his outrageous conduct, and there is a good chance somebody tampered with the video.....not the smartest thing to do when the feds have been called in.....actually this guy dug a hole and confirmed the extraction was wrong in his own words.  The problems are pervasive and we have talked about these problems for ten years, but finally with phone cameras the public has had enough.  Just think how quickly the mob tried to make the Mays stop about race and being a commissioner......the problems are systemic and are supported by this sheep mentality.

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:The woman could have said " I'm sorry if the smoke bothers you, I'll put it out or just "ok". But no she has to start some shit about being in her car and act pissed off. How many times a day do they have to put up w/ that shit to not be alright? She could have been polite and courteous and driven off w/ a warning. This shit about inciting your rights and provoking police gets you nowhere but jail. It's not smart, Oatie and the police usually win.

Holy crap.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I just saw the video on the police stop on the TX driver who committed suicide - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm7.staticflickr.com%2F6181%2F6114426722_6656fc0b58_z

Vikingwoman

We don't know why he is on admin.leave. Most probably because of the investigation. The Dept. stated in an article they asked the feds to look at the tape because there were glitches in it and they denied it was doctored. You keep bringing up the May case stating he acted properly when he himself apologized. Shows what you know.

Vikingwoman

Snark Spigot wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:The woman could have said " I'm sorry if the smoke bothers you, I'll put it out or just "ok". But no she has to start some shit about being in her car and act pissed off. How many times a day do they have to put up w/ that shit to not be alright? She could have been polite and courteous and driven off w/ a warning. This shit about inciting your rights and provoking police gets you nowhere but jail. It's not smart, Oatie and the police usually win.

Holy crap.

Arguing w/ a cop during a stop, calling him names and other shit is just fine. You do it, Sal. I don't and I'll take it up w/ the judge after I go home.

2seaoat

NBC reported yesterday that he had a multitude of violations of department standards and mentioned that the officer failed to explain to the motorist on what she did, answer her questions, and explain what he was going to do before he escalated.  Yes, this is EXACTLY like the May's case where you tried to bring race into it, and then started the meter maid chit about how the officer acted correctly.....please....comment on what you understand......this ought to get your meter maid cart started......... then I will be deemed crazy or on medications.......a simple....you know what Seaoat.......I am sorry to even question the breadth of your knowledge because you seem to know what you are talking about on these subjects......but nah.....you will probably spin my meter and issue a citation.......Citation 10135......being a dick for always being right and messing with a meter maid.

Vikingwoman

Now you're just flat out making up stuff. He failed to tell her why he stopped her? Oh really now? I guess she was just yelling she was being arrested for not using her turn signal because she made that up? LOL!

2seaoat

Now you're just flat out making up stuff. He failed to tell her why he stopped her? Oh really now? I guess she was just yelling she was being arrested for not using her turn signal because she made that up? LOL!

Yep, I just got released from the county mental ward, and tanked up on drugs, and then posted here making chit up to rev your engine....yep, thats the ticket.....Nah....I never saw the video, I never saw the news reports about the officer being on administrative leave and the reasons for the same.....I must really find this important to ask to be let out of the nut house, drugged myself up, and then turned the tv on and listened to COPS and just started making chit up......damn you meter maids know how to find us scofflaws.

Vikingwoman

That's what you said,Oatie. He didn't tell her why she was stopped and that was a lie.

2seaoat

As usual.....like clockwork, you misquote me.....I posted "officer failed to explain to the motorist on what she did".  This is not my words but what the newsreaders were reporting as one of several violations of department policies.  You however say I said the following:
That's what you said,Oatie. He didn't tell her why she was stopped and that was a lie.

I did not say what you are pretending I said.  We know your difficulty with concepts, so I will assist you here.  I am a patient teacher, even if the student is petulant child at times.  Let's start with simple concepts called definitions:

Explain:make (an idea, situation, or problem) clear to someone by

describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts or ideas.

Tell:
To communicate by speech or writing; express with words:

Now Dreams do you understand how fricking weak your attempt to put words in my mouth when these two words are too different concepts.

2seaoat

I am now watching the Last Word on MSNBC and the host said no legal authority in the entire United States called this a lawful arrest.....not me Dreams.....Everybody but one lone Alabama meter maid.......yes I am messing with you a bit, but do you ever stop and think that I called this a bad arrest from the git go, and you said it was a good arrest.......you are consistently wrong on these issues and you just start getting angry when concepts are explained, but you fail to understand our constitution and the rights which are protected under our constitution.......Again this has NOTHING to do with the race of citizens, and everything to do with unlawful arrests and violations of citizen's constitutional rights.   Like the host said....he makes a lane change like this lady made three or four times a day, and he has never heard of anything like this horror.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum