Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My wife is saying Robin Williams may have committed suicide

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I hope this is wrong.

Me too... shocking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/inside-robin-williams-devastating-final-year-of-life_us_57eee8ace4b024a52d2f25be

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/robin-williams-driven-suicide-lewy-body-dementia/story?id=26860752

2seaoat

Very difficult knowing that your memory is slipping away. He knew that it was progressing rapidly. His lines in the night of the museum were not extensive. It had to be a terrible end to a great career.

RealLindaL

I don't understand this thread. Sea must've just completely forgotten. Robin Williams hanged himself in 2014 and the manner of his death was officially ruled a suicide not long afterward. The Marin County, CA coroner ruled the cause of death as asphyxia and hanging. There were drugs found in his system in "therapeutic levels" but they were not the cause of death.

2seaoat

I don't understand this thread. Sea must've just completely forgotten. Robin Williams hanged himself in 2014 and the manner of his death was officially ruled a suicide not long afterward. The Marin County, CA coroner ruled the cause of death as asphyxia and hanging. There were drugs found in his system in "therapeutic levels" but they were not the cause of death.

All I can say is duh. Look at the dates of the posts......you do realize Pk posted a very good article on the physical condition Robin was in when he committed suicide. Apparently, that condition can impact people who begin losing memory..........it is beginning to be a pattern.

RealLindaL

Sorry. Along with, I'd wager, most others on this forum, I don't usually note the date on the first post in a thread that pops up looking like a new one. You, of course, would've noticed that this time, since it was your original post in the first place.

2seaoat

Not only did you assume Mrs. Seaoat was an idiot, but you immediately thought the same of me without reading the great link that PK posted. I am very happy PK took the time to link the historic thread with new information. It is deeply saddening that such a genius was faced with physical changes to his brain where he had little control or understanding. We all face unique challenges, but we are blessed if we can keep our mind clear until the end. Robin Williams is missed.

I think my father was slipping before he killed himself too. He was constantly loosing stuff or missing his turn... and he would react to this with rage. It really wasn't like him thinking back. He had to put my grandmother in a home at seventy with althiemers... she lingered for ten years mindless. He feared that.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Not only did you assume Mrs. Seaoat was an idiot, but you immediately thought the same of me without reading the great link that PK posted.

Boy, Sea, you really want to sow anger and discord where none exists, don't you?  I said NOTHING about Mrs. Seaoat, and to be perfectly frank, the only thought I had at the time was that maybe she was being gentle with you for having forgotten about his suicide.   I also didn't say nor think that YOU were an idiot (even though sometimes, of course, you really are - ha), but only that you must've forgotten.  Remember, I said I was confused by the post -- and I was.  

I will endeavor in future to notice dates.   But if you're going to tell me you've never, ever made the same mistake -- of reading an old thread, newly posted, and not realizing it was old, I will simply not believe you.

As for not reading an article or story linked from a post, this is the quintessential example of the pot calling the kettle black.  I frequently can tell when reading your posts that you haven't bothered to read the linked stories, either.  Be honest.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I think my father was slipping before he killed himself too. He was constantly loosing stuff or missing his turn... and he would react to this with rage. It really wasn't like him thinking back. He had to put my grandmother in a home at seventy with althiemers... she lingered for ten years mindless. He feared that.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother's long battle with Alzheimer's, and also, of course, of your father's suicide. That must've been devastating for you. Like you, I do understand his fear.

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I think my father was slipping before he killed himself too. He was constantly loosing stuff or missing his turn... and he would react to this with rage. It really wasn't like him thinking back. He had to put my grandmother in a home at seventy with althiemers... she lingered for ten years mindless. He feared that.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother's long battle with Alzheimer's, and also, of course, of your father's suicide.  That must've been devastating for you.   Like you, I do understand his fear.

I think that there should be a compassionate way to escape such a horror. That could take away some of the fear and anxiety that accompany these issues. Ideally the decisions should be made by the person while in a lucid state. My father was doing really well most of the time. The week before he did it was his birthday and we had a blast. He got me so drunk that I caught my hat on fire... lol. We laughed and had a great time... he had a full memory of his life. I guess it's still shocking to me. I can look back and see signs... but I was clueless that he would do that. Maybe he wouldn't have if he knew that his wishes would be carried out.

2seaoat

Pk has shared the loss of his father on this forum and the PNJ and as soon as I saw his link, I knew he was better understanding his father's loss. It was not I who was being passive aggressive in this thread, and yes by your post you assumed both my wife and I were idiots, and as usual as your memory repeatedly fails, you take a swipe which was either Glen Close, or more evidence of the very thing PK was trying to show in changes in folks brains as they age. I know you once were incredibly intelligent, but after many threads like this where you were oblivious about PK's loss of his father and why he posted on an old thread, you would not once more attacked me for nothing.......again........like I outed you. It is no big deal, but how was your mind working when PK made his post and I reacted to the same. I guess you are accusing me of anger and discord, and you completely jumped into a thread lacking even basic comprehension. Some of us care about forum members and the pain they have shared. It isn't anger and discord......it is more in the nature of really.......you do not see what you just did? No big deal, but again PK has shared with us at least 10 times over the years with trying to understand suicide and its impact on families. I just assumed you could remember that fact.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
I think that there should be a compassionate way to escape such a horror. That could take away some of the fear and anxiety that accompany these issues. Ideally the decisions should be made by the person while in a lucid state. My father was doing really well most of the time. The week before he did it was his birthday and we had a blast. He got me so drunk that I caught my hat on fire... lol. We laughed and had a great time... he had a full memory of his life. I guess it's still shocking to me. I can look back and see signs... but I was clueless that he would do that. Maybe he wouldn't have if he knew that his wishes would be carried out.

I am in total agreement. When my mother was well on her way to losing her mind from Alzheimer's but it was early enough that she was somewhat aware, she indicated by pointing to the ground and saying, "I might as well..." that she would prefer to die, having watched what had happened to her mother and older brother, suffering from the same horrific disease. All we could tell her was that we couldn't do that, but Pkr, I wish to hell we could have ended her misery then, before it became infinitely worse. She, too, lingered for a long time -- nine miserable years in deep, deep decline -- and even though my father's estate paid for a private caregiver in the nursing home, it was no way to live. No way at all. She was a sweet, sweet person who never said a bad word about anyone and would hardly hurt a fly. She didn't deserve such a terrible ending -- no one does. So much for a loving god.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Pk has shared the loss of his father on this forum and the PNJ and as soon as I saw his link, I knew he was better understanding his father's loss.  It was not I who was being passive aggressive in this thread, and yes by your post you assumed both my wife and I were idiots, and as usual as your memory repeatedly fails, you take a swipe which was either Glen Close, or more evidence of the very thing PK was trying to show in changes in folks brains as they age.  I know you once were incredibly intelligent, but after many threads like this where you were oblivious about PK's loss of his father and why he posted on an old thread, you would not once more attacked me for nothing.......again........like I outed you.  It is no big deal, but how was your mind working when PK made his post and I reacted to the same.   I guess you are accusing me of anger and discord, and you completely jumped into a thread lacking even basic comprehension.   Some of us care about forum members and the pain they have shared.  It isn't anger and discord......it is more in the nature of really.......you do not see what you just did?   No big deal, but again PK has shared with us at least 10 times over the years with trying to understand suicide and its impact on families.  I just assumed you could remember that fact.

What I see, Mr. Seaoat, is that you are a miserable old man who has a bee in his bonnet for me.  You are no longer reaching me at all and frankly starting to sound a little insane with your constant hate-filled, presumptuous accusations against me, based entirely on what YOU have single-handedly decided is in my mind and heart.   I have just finished telling you I was NOT attacking you nor did I consider you or your wife idiots, but you prefer to believe the worst about me no matter what I say.  It's impossible to carry on reasoned dialogue with such a person.

You, sir, don't know diddly about me and never will, because you're one of the last people I would ever want to share anything with.

As for my not remembering about PK's father's suicide, perhaps it's because, as YOU may recall, I have not been a continuous participant on this forum throughout the years.

2seaoat

As for my not remembering about PK's father's suicide, perhaps it's because, as YOU may recall, I have not been a continuous participant on this forum throughout the years.

That is one explanation.......but being a miserable old man who just had a wonderful time watching my granddaughters playing basketball.........give me a little more miserable........and a whole lot more old........but please let me keep my memory.

Markle

Markle

I thought this was a two-year-old thread that had been resurrected for some peculiar reason.

2seaoat, why was this thread started?

2seaoat

2seaoat, why was this thread started?

Because on August 2014 Robin Williams death was breaking news. My wife told me what she heard and I immediately posted that I thought Robin Williams had died. Pk properly upon getting new information about Robin Williams connected the old thread with the new link describing the brain disease he suffered. I am beginning to understand why Boards does not post much anymore......this forum is filled with old farts who cannot remember what they ate for lunch. I hope when I lose my mind, I also lose my ability to type, because there is evidence some folks have lost their minds but can still type.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:this forum is filled with old farts who cannot remember what they ate for lunch.  I hope when I lose my mind, I also lose my ability to type, because there is evidence some folks have lost their minds but can still type.

Folks, if you want your children and/or grandchildren to learn the very definition of arrogant hatefulness personified, just have them read posts like the above from this holier-than-thou, better-than-thou, supposed Christian individual.

You can tell them he posted these flip comments in a thread currently being visited by and discussed among people who have lost loved ones to a particularly horrible brain-ravaging disease.  He is obviously missing the compassion gene, among other things.

You know, Trump called Clinton the devil last night, but I think he picked the absolute wrong recipient of that moniker.  

Someone please remind me -- since I'm obviously one of the old farts in Mr. Perfection's all-knowing opinion -- why I was ever, EVER naive enough to hold any respect or affection -- much less any sympathy whatsoever -- for this person.  EVER.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:this forum is filled with old farts who cannot remember what they ate for lunch.  I hope when I lose my mind, I also lose my ability to type, because there is evidence some folks have lost their minds but can still type.

Folks, if you want your children and/or grandchildren to learn the very definition of arrogant hatefulness personified, just have them read posts like the above from this holier-than-thou, better-than-thou, supposed Christian individual.

You can tell them he posted these flip comments in a thread currently being visited by and discussed among people who have lost loved ones to a particularly horrible brain-ravaging disease.  He is obviously missing the compassion gene, among other things.

You know, Trump called Clinton the devil last night, but I think he picked the absolute wrong recipient of that moniker.  

Someone please remind me -- since I'm obviously one of the old farts in Mr. Perfection's all-knowing opinion -- why I was ever, EVER naive enough to hold any respect or affection -- much less any sympathy whatsoever -- for this person.  EVER.

Sorry Linda but I can't help you out. I'm a lot older and fartier than most. Smile

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Sorry Linda but I can't help you out. I'm a lot older and fartier than most. Smile

OK, Tel, thanks anyway. I'll keep that in mind for future.

2seaoat

I post about a death of a beloved comic two years ago, and PK updates the post two years later letting us know that he suffered from a brain disease. I then get accused of forgetting that Robin Williams committed suicide:

I don't understand this thread. Sea must've just completely forgotten. Robin Williams hanged himself in 2014 and the manner of his death was officially ruled a suicide not long afterward.

So I get accused of completely forgetting Robin Williams had committed suicide, and when I point out that this passive aggressive behavior once again is based in the fact that a person's memory has failed along with a higher level conceptual process required to integrate PK's update, I suddenly am making fun of the disease and am not displaying Christian values.

I mean this is special. Mrs. Seaoat and Seaoat are accused of loss of memory, and the person who in the usual passive aggressive routine, actually wanted to be helpful pointing out that Robin Williams committed suicide........I love this place, in all my perfection, I guess some people look for any mistakes I make and relish in the same, but the usual result happens when dealing with bad bad leroy Brown.

RealLindaL

Accused, attacked -- tsk tsk. Seaoat's paranoid persecution complex is growing exponentially as he ages. Sad.

He, btw, who loves to ACCUSE me of it, is the king of passive aggression on this board.

And as everyone knows by now, Seaoat may be a creepy jerk, but he ain't got the threatening power of no Leroy Brown. HA! May actually have to borrow Markle's laughing pink panther to get across what a total joke THAT is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum