Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest 2015 Budget Estimates Point to a Sixth Consecutive Year of Deficit Reduction

+6
Markle
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
boards of FL
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Sal

Sal

He's responsible for it not being much, much larger.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Snark Spigot wrote:He's responsible for it not being much, much larger.

Much doesn't mean much to you does it ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

colaguy wrote: When President Obama was elected the DEBT was $10T. Now it's over $18T.  You do the math.

I just did

The debt is 18 trillion

An American household averages 2.61 people

There are 115 million U.S. households

SO,  each and every household in America is now on the hook for $156,000 of federal debt.  Yours,  mine and everyone else's household.
That includes millions and millions of households which have ZERO assets to begin with.  And millions and millions more households which have out of control personal debt on top of this government debt.

But Paul Krugman and bds have no problem with that.  That's because Krugman and bds both live inside an academic bubble.  Just like my oldest friend.  He lives in that same bubble.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No there is no magic wand,  bds.  But there is what Kasich accomplished in Ohio.  He cut debt big and at the same time created a large number of jobs and did it all in a rust belt state.

Plus he was Chairman of the House Budget Committee when the federal government balanced the budget. Not decreased the deficit. Balanced the fucking budget. AND created a surplus. I had to go to the dictionary to even know what the word surplus means it's been so long since I've heard it. And that was probably whenever I was balancing my own business budget and creating a surplus continously. That surplus is what I'm living on. Without it I'd be fucked.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pfft... bush2 left about half of the bailout to obama and then obama tacked on another 250b stimulus.

It's amazing how much you can ignore to believe what you wish so desperately to believe...  that's useful idiotism fer ya.

You just tried to sweep Bush II's worst budget year into the Obama column and now you're throwing out phrases like "useful idiotism."  

Bush inherited perenniel surpluses and turned that into a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit.  Obama inherited a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit and we have since seen that slashed by nearly 70%.  And here you are suggesting that Bush II was better in terms of fiscal management while throwing out terms such as "useful idiotism."

I would argue that your post represents the height of "useful idiotism."

Your desperate effort to revise history is getting old.

You seem to forget semi-retired President Obama signed the largest economic stimulus ($831 BILLION) in February 2009.

Saying that President Obama cut the deficit is as useful as teats on a bull!

As you well know too, there was never, ever a surplus during the years of President Clinton.

What appeared to be a surplus was the SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE withholdings which are now deposited into the general fund.

We have seen the most rapid rate of deficit reduction since WWII.  Obama inherited a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit and we're now projected at a $468 billion dollar deficit for 2015.  Do you understand what the phrase 'cut the deficit' actually means?  Because it appears as if you do not.

Which number is larger, Markle?  Which number does the alligator eat?

$1.4 trillion or $468 billion?

As you know, and love to live in denial, is the FACT that Nancy Pelosi prevented the 2009 budget from ever being brought to a vote.  Semi-retired President Obama signed that budget in March of 2009 after adding a TRILLION DOLLARS to it in February with his failed Stimulus.

The last budget of President Bush was 2008 and reached $454,798,000,000.  Still less than the last budget of President Obama.  After six and a half years, he has yet to reach the highest deficit of President Bush.

You are a delightful foil!

You are objectively wrong.  Seriously.  You're trying to argue against and objective fact here.  You're correct insofar as when the budget was singed into law.  You're wrong insofar as Bush's last budget was 2008.  Bush's last budget was the 2009 budget.  This is a fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

NO budget was signed by President Bush in 2008 for the fiscal year 2009. Semi-retired President Obama signed the 2009 budget after adding the $1 TRILLION stimulus.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Don't you just love semi-demented poster Markle's efforts at damage control? He can't allow any writing on this forum that that faults Republicans....  He must split hairs to make sure all the dirt remains on the Democrats. LOL!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Don't you just love semi-demented poster Markle's efforts at damage control? He can't allow any writing on this forum that that faults Republicans....  He must split hairs to make sure all the dirt remains on the Democrats. LOL!

Good to see you FINALLY did some easy research and found that I was RIGHT AGAIN, and childishly you call it splitting hairs.

Keep up the good work.

2seaoat

adding the $1 TRILLION stimulus.

Wow, you do have a sense of proportion.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Don't you just love semi-demented poster Markle's efforts at damage control? He can't allow any writing on this forum that that faults Republicans....  He must split hairs to make sure all the dirt remains on the Democrats. LOL!

He's the Baghdad Bob of republicanism. Old Baghdad knew in his heart that his party could do no wrong and the opposition party could do no right.
The Shits and the Shats or the Shits and the Baths. Whatever Baghdad called his party, he worshipped it to about the same degree as Markle worships his.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pfft... bush2 left about half of the bailout to obama and then obama tacked on another 250b stimulus.

It's amazing how much you can ignore to believe what you wish so desperately to believe...  that's useful idiotism fer ya.

You just tried to sweep Bush II's worst budget year into the Obama column and now you're throwing out phrases like "useful idiotism."  

Bush inherited perenniel surpluses and turned that into a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit.  Obama inherited a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit and we have since seen that slashed by nearly 70%.  And here you are suggesting that Bush II was better in terms of fiscal management while throwing out terms such as "useful idiotism."

I would argue that your post represents the height of "useful idiotism."

Your desperate effort to revise history is getting old.

You seem to forget semi-retired President Obama signed the largest economic stimulus ($831 BILLION) in February 2009.

Saying that President Obama cut the deficit is as useful as teats on a bull!

As you well know too, there was never, ever a surplus during the years of President Clinton.

What appeared to be a surplus was the SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE withholdings which are now deposited into the general fund.

We have seen the most rapid rate of deficit reduction since WWII.  Obama inherited a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit and we're now projected at a $468 billion dollar deficit for 2015.  Do you understand what the phrase 'cut the deficit' actually means?  Because it appears as if you do not.

Which number is larger, Markle?  Which number does the alligator eat?

$1.4 trillion or $468 billion?

As you know, and love to live in denial, is the FACT that Nancy Pelosi prevented the 2009 budget from ever being brought to a vote.  Semi-retired President Obama signed that budget in March of 2009 after adding a TRILLION DOLLARS to it in February with his failed Stimulus.

The last budget of President Bush was 2008 and reached $454,798,000,000.  Still less than the last budget of President Obama.  After six and a half years, he has yet to reach the highest deficit of President Bush.

You are a delightful foil!

You are objectively wrong.  Seriously.  You're trying to argue against and objective fact here.  You're correct insofar as when the budget was singed into law.  You're wrong insofar as Bush's last budget was 2008.  Bush's last budget was the 2009 budget.  This is a fact.

NO budget was signed by President Bush in 2008 for the fiscal year 2009.  Semi-retired President Obama signed the 2009 budget after adding the $1 TRILLION stimulus.

There goes poor Ole' Man Markle again.  At his best, he was known as a copy-and-paste bot.  As he began to lose his internal faculties, he began to try to write posts on his own from from the top of his head.  That's when things really took a turn for the worse.  Now he regularly confuses Iraq with Iran, Bush budgets for Obama budgets, and he can't seem to comprehend anything that he reads anymore.

Poor Ole' Man Markle.  Here you go, pal.  Go sit over there in your rocking chair and stair out the window.  You need not worry about any of this stuff anymore.  

Latest 2015 Budget Estimates Point to a Sixth Consecutive Year of Deficit Reduction - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Oh... the old demonize and dehumanize the opponent to silence tactic. How very original of you comrade.

Thank you for your contribution... very useful.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Oh... the old demonize and dehumanize the opponent to silence tactic. How very original of you comrade.

It's not as if there is anything to argue between Markle and I. 2009 was a Bush budget. That is an objective fact.

One does not disagree with objective facts. They are ignorant of them. Once the objective fact has been laid out, there is really no further argument that I need to make; hence the Werther's Original post.

How else do you respond to someone who wants to argue over an objective fact such as today's date? Particularly when their ignorance is politically motivated?

I treat stupid people like stupid people.

No... it's subjective. There were several unique circumstances which you ignore that mitigate the use of that single measure.

Just because you choose to ignore them for political convenience... doesn't erase them from relevance or fact.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:No... it's subjective.

There is nothing subjective about the fact that the 2009 budget was George W Bush's last budget. That is an objective fact. Granted, there are additional circumstances and nuance that can be added there, though none of that is enough to change the fact that 2009 was the last Bush budget. There is a lag between the time in which a budget is developed and a budget is implemented. This is simply a fact whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

If you're really going to make the argument for the alternative, well, here you go, little buddy. I moved an extra rocking chair over there next to Ole' Man Markle. Perhaps you should go join him and stare out the window. That would certainly be more productive than what you're doing here.

Latest 2015 Budget Estimates Point to a Sixth Consecutive Year of Deficit Reduction - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Oh... the old demonize and dehumanize the opponent to silence tactic. How very original of you comrade.

It's not as if there is anything to argue between Markle and I.  2009 was a Bush budget.  That is an objective fact.  

One does not disagree with objective facts.  They are ignorant of them.  Once the objective fact has been laid out, there is really no further argument that I need to make; hence the Werther's Original post.

How else do you respond to someone who wants to argue over an objective fact such as today's date?  Particularly when their ignorance is politically motivated?  

I treat stupid people like stupid people.

Just as the architect of Obamacare, Jonathan Gruber.

Bush's Budget Projects Deficits

By Michael Abramowitz and Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, February 5, 2008

President Bush yesterday unveiled a $3.1 trillion budget plan for fiscal 2009 that will leave deficits of more than $400 billion this year and next, forcing his successor to grapple with a range of unpalatable choices to close the gap, according to lawmakers and budget experts.

Under the budget sent to Congress yesterday, Bush would freeze most domestic spending and limit payments to hospitals and other providers as part of an effort to slow the growth of Medicare. Because of plans to send tax rebates to most Americans under an economic stimulus program, the deficit would grow in the short term but would fall to zero by 2012 if Congress adopts the spending restraints Bush is calling for, according to projections in the new budget.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/04/AR2008020400493.html

updated 3/11/2009 7:57:29 PM ET

WASHINGTON — Calling it an "imperfect" bill, President Barack Obama signed a $410 billion spending package Wednesday that includes billions in earmarks like those he promised to curb in last year's campaign. He insisted the bill must signal an "end to the old way of doing business."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29632177/ns/politics-white_house/t/obama-signs-massive-imperfect-spending-bill/#.VbMl1s_bKpo

AFSCME LEGISLATIVE REPORT
March 13, 2009
Obama Signs Fiscal Year 2009 Omnibus Spending Bill
This week, President Obama signed an "omnibus" spending bill for the current fiscal year, which funds domestic programs and non-military international programs through September. At $410 billion, the measure provides growth of about eight percent over last year. Since the beginning of this fiscal year last October, most health, education, employment, public safety and other domestic programs were flat funded at last year's level, despite inflation and greatly increased demands on public agencies.

While the House passed the bill on February 25, the Senate had to overcome dozens of amendments and Republicans' opposition to earmarks in the bill. This funding for specific local projects accounted for only two percent of the bill, and there are fewer earmarks in this funding bill than in previous years. On March 10, the Senate finally voted to cut off debate, 62-35. Three Democrats opposed the bill – Sens. Evan Bayh (D-IN), Russ Feingold (D-WI) and Claire McCaskill (D-MO). Eight Republicans voted with the majority – Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-TN), Kit Bond (R-MO), Thad Cochran (R-MS), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Richard Shelby (R-AL), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Arlen Specter (R-PA) and Roger Wicker (R-MS). Included in the bill is a provision prohibiting the use of federal funds to study or hold a public-private competition known as competitive sourcing, the controversial practice by the Bush administration.
(Fran Bernstein- fbernstein@afscme.org)

http://www.afscmewv.org/news_and_updates/2009/03_13a.htm#obama

First 100 Days

Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks

Published March 02, 2009

·AP

boards of FL

boards of FL

Poor Ole' Man Markle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum