Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Folks in a little over one day we're getting close to moving all the pre-6/13 threads off the front page.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Being that it took almost a year to produce the remaining threads on the front page, I think that's an accomplishment we can all be pretty proud of.
And not only that but I now have this forum bookmarked on my browser ABOVE pnj.com
And today my daily PDC to PNJ post count ratio is about 7 to 1 in favor of PDC.

boards of FL

boards of FL

It will be interesting to see if it picks up once the PNJ is officially locked down.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:It will be interesting to see if it picks up once the PNJ is officially locked down.
Here's the deal (and I imagine you've already thought about this).
All the participation over the last two days can be attributed to this forum being made visible by the PNJ forum.
But once the PNJ forum is no more, how is it going to get known to anyone else?
Any ideas?

boards of FL

boards of FL

NaughtBob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:It will be interesting to see if it picks up once the PNJ is officially locked down.
Here's the deal (and I imagine you've already thought about this).
All the participation over the last two days can be attributed to this forum being made visible by the PNJ forum.
But once the PNJ forum is no more, how is it going to get known to anyone new?
Any ideas?

Come join the chat box. It's filling up

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder how the PNJ would react if those of us who are still subscribed were to occasionally slip a link to it into a news story blog post? Or maybe casually slip a link to it into a rick's blog post?
It would have to be done with stealth. In other words, when there is more than average reader participation in a news story blog or a rick blog, we could put up a thread here on the same topic and then work that link into the blog post on the other websites. That way it wouldn't be so blatant and obvious and would seemingly be relevant to the blog post.
Think that would work, boards?

boards of FL

boards of FL

I have thought about that before. I suppose word of mouth and the occasional posting of a link here and there would really be the only way to bring in more forum members. That and ifsomeone were to google Something close to "Pensacola discussion forum", they may find it.

7Folks in a little over one day we're getting close to moving all the pre-6/13 threads off the front page. Empty Joining the Fray 6/15/2012, 12:16 am

SheSurfs

SheSurfs

I am an old PNJ member going back to just after Ivan.

Now while it makes sense to impose a fee, I read about 30 online news sources a day which would make paying prohibitive. I imagine everyone will go to pay one day....probably in blocks like cable. For that I might be more willing to subscribe. For now, I am out.

I stopped my print version when the PNJ outed Bergosh for posting anonymously and never went back.

So hiya, all.

Last edited by SheSurfs on 8/1/2012, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

"I stopped my print version when the PNJ outed Bergosh for posting anonymously and never went back."

Ah yes GodZilla. I too thought it was low of the paper to out a forum member. We did give them hell for doing that. They'd out some ole 80 yr bag lady for littering, if they could sell more papers!

SheSurfs wrote:I am an old PNJ member going back to just after Ivan. Been out of the country quite a bit and was ready to take on my nemesis, Keepgoingmouth, on the PNJ only to discover the impending fees.

Now while it makes sense to impose a fee, I read about 30 online news sources a day which would make paying prohibitive. I imagine everyone will go to pay one day....probably in blocks like cable. For that I might be more willing to subscribe. For now, I am out.

I stopped my print version when the PNJ outed Bergosh for posting anonymously and never went back.

So hiya, all.

I dont recall a person with the nic keepgoingmouth. but im sure youll find some running mouths here too. welcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum