Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Supreme Court guts mercury standards in Coal fired plants

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I guess I can have some more mercury with my East Bay Oysters......
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-top-court-rules-against-obama-administration-over-air-pollution-rule/ar-AA9ZiTl

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wow lose some win some.....

2seaoat

Wow lose some win some.....

Well it has been kicked down to the Appellate Court to weigh the cost/benefit of the regulations, but Charlie Christ has put scrubbers in and hopefully the mercury content in Escambia Bay will drop....I think the estimate of the deaths from coal fired mercury in America is 11k, pretty hard to quantify that stat, but when they tell you the mercury content of an oyster three blocks from where my house was......that gets my attention, and you begin to wonder about the source of your cancer....again equally difficult to quantify. Hopefully, the appellate court will keep the levels down.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Wow lose some win some.....

Well it has been kicked down to the Appellate Court to weigh the cost/benefit of the regulations, but Charlie Christ has put scrubbers in and hopefully the mercury content in Escambia Bay will drop....I think the estimate of the deaths from coal fired mercury in America is 11k, pretty hard to quantify that stat, but when they tell you the mercury content of an oyster three blocks from where my house was......that gets my attention, and you begin to wonder about the source of your cancer....again equally difficult to quantify.   Hopefully, the appellate court will keep the levels down.

Not when they're forced to be realistic and add in the COST of the regulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum