Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AMTRAK CRASH continues to prove PROGRESSIVES can sink deeper into the pool of depravity than anyone thought possible.

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
boards of FL
KarlRove
Markle
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Progressives continue to prove they can sink deeper into the pool of depravity than anyone in history.

They go to motto, NEVER LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE is out in full force today.

Before all the bodies are identified, or all the missing found, in the tragic Amtrak accident the Progressives cry out for MORE MONEY!  They don't know the cause, or how it happened but ACCORDING TO THE PROGRESSIVES MONEY IS THE SOLUTION.

They're an embarrassment to mankind not only their own party.

Last edited by Markle on 5/14/2015, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

KarlRove

KarlRove

Of course they are ....

Markle

Markle

Our good friend OTHERSHOE1030 vividly demonstrates what I posted here is 100% true.

All the bodies have not been found and the bottom scraping Progressives
are screaming they need more money.

Tell us Progressives, how is more money going to make the engineer talk when he has already lawyered up and claims no memory?

Other than speed, they don't have a clue as to what caused the crash.

Last edited by Markle on 5/14/2015, 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

What have I done here, exactly?  You're saying that I have somehow demonstrated something that you said to be true?

Where?  How?

Talk about desperate!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:What have I done here, exactly?  You're saying that I have somehow demonstrated something that you said to be true?

Where?  How?
Talk about desperate!

I APPOLOGIZE BOARDSOFFL, it is othershoe1030. Sorry but all Progressives run together for me. They whine the same songs.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:What have I done here, exactly?  You're saying that I have somehow demonstrated something that you said to be true?

Where?  How?
Talk about desperate!

I APPOLOGIZE BOARDSOFFL, it is othershoe1030.  Sorry but all Progressives run together for me.  They whine the same songs.

boards of FL

boards of FL

When your base consists of people like Markle and KarlRove...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:When your base consists of people like Markle and KarlRove...

You end up losing the presidential election in 2016?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I couldn't care less about progressives or liberals or democrats or any of those nonsense words.
And the solution for what happened in Philadelphia does not even require that very expensive "positive train control" technology we keep hearing about.

David Rangel, an instructor at the Modoc Railroad Academy in Marion, Illinois, advocates putting another person in the engineer's cab of commuter trains, a practice that is common in freight trains and airplane cockpits.
"It will increase the cost, of course, but the alternative that the railroads are looking at, and the federal government is trying to force on the railroads, positive train control, is certainly much more costly," Rangel told CNN. "We're into the hundreds of millions of dollars right now and we haven't even had the implementation of that system. ... The problem here is that we are dealing with humans in the cabs of those locomotives and we have frailties."

I watched this individual be interviewed on CNN this morning.  He made a lot of sense.  He's been advocating this for years and it keeps falling on deaf ears.
It's exactly the same reasoning for why we have two pilots in an airliner. If this train was speeding because of operator error on the part of the engineer,  then a second operator in the locomotive cab could have prevented that from happening.  
I tried to use google without any success to ascertain how many total passengers were on this train.  But since more than two hundred people were killed and injured,  I'm guessing the total number of passengers on board this train was even hundreds more than that.
That's far more lives at risk on these packed trains than even the largest number of passengers on a typical airliner.  And yet passenger trains have only one human in the cab to operate the train,  while airliners ALWAYS have a second person in the cockpit.  It's idiotic.

2seaoat

I do not know Bob. You chewed me out because I did not have a clue what the German pilot looked like who is alleged to have locked out his co-pilot and crashed the plane killing 150 plus. I do not know that adding more people to trains is a viable answer, if somebody can just bypass the other person.

Thirty five years ago I was involved with the automation of an inventory control system using MRP which involved independent driverless material handling equipment which moved baskets of parts to work stations and storage. There were safety protocols and all were controlled by one person where before it was five people moving parts. I am all in for the safest, least expensive, technological advancements which make train travel safer and LESS expensive. This is not a difficult problem, and it certainly is not political.

polecat

polecat

House GOP introduces new rail safety bill that gives all Amtrak funding to rich so that safety may trickle down to riders.- Tea Party Cat

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:When your base consists of people like Markle and KarlRove...

We're not the base that was called STUPID by our own party.

Now that's pretty embarrassing.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I do not know Bob.  You chewed me out because I did not have a clue what the German pilot looked like who is alleged to have locked out his co-pilot and crashed the plane killing 150 plus.  I do not know that adding more people to trains is a viable answer, if somebody can just bypass the other person.

The lesson learned from the Germanwings disaster is not that another human isn't a factor. There was only one human in the Germanwings cockpit when the psycho had control, just like one engineer in the train cab (who every indication so far points to another psycho).

The lesson learned was to not only have redundant human beings present but to ALSO do more to ensure that one operator can't prevent the other one from gaining access.
It's actually not brain science. Only common sense science.

knothead

knothead

I do not know that adding more people to trains is a viable answer, if somebody can just bypass the other person.

A completely false proposition Mr. Oats. The combined elements involved in the safe operation of a train, any train, require the ability to focus on a multitude of issues simultaneously. The public expects and deserves trains, many of which are carrying hazardous materials, to be handled safely through the thousands of towns and communities across our nation 24/7. It is simply common sense to require two people in the cab of a locomotive to back each other up during the course of a trip. The Engineer has his hands full especially when he has abnormally a long and/or heavy consist. Along the way there are times when communications with a Dispatcher, Maintenance Foremen, Roadmaster, etc. that divert the attention temporarily from blowing for crossings, maintaining speed, etc., etc., etc., it is illogical to even expect the public to accept this as a practical solution. Add in fatigue and boredom and it is easy to make mistakes . . . . they deserve to have a 2nd man in the cab as a backstop.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If this concept didn't make sense, we wouldn't have two dudes in the missile silos now would we.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:If this concept didn't make sense,  we wouldn't have two dudes in the missile silos now would we.

Those two dudes in the missile launch centers are there because one person cannot launch a missile--it takes both of them turning their keys simultaneously to initiate a launch. The launch stations are far enough apart so that one person cannot do both by themselves. They also wear side-arms while on duty; in part to watch over the other person to make sure they don't go crazy while underground.

The dual person launch sequence was designed that way.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:If this concept didn't make sense,  we wouldn't have two dudes in the missile silos now would we.

NO, the concept does not make sense.

A rogue missile being launched could kill millions.

The rogue pilot killed over 250 passengers. While tragic, it does not justify spending millions for more people in the cockpit.

The recent rail crash, for which they do not yet know the reason, killed, I believe eight with scores injured. That is of 31 million who ride Amtrak each year.

There are events which result in tragedy for which no changes are required. Stuff happens.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wow.  I never in my wildest imagination ever expected markle and seaoat to use the same kind of reasoning.  
That was exactly the same reasoning seaoat made use of to convince us how "common" the Boston Marathon massacre was,  Markle.

The longer the minds get revealed around here the scarier it gets!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum