Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

+4
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Sal
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is the better QB?

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 11:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I love it when I hear sports commentators saying the deflategate "scandal" is hurting the NFL.  

I love it when they say it's hurting the "integrity" of the game.

This from a league that has routinely turned a blind eye to wife beaters and is likely to have a rapist be the number one pick next season.

LOL......a rapist?  This according to the multiple specimen girl. The one that claimed she didn't know who Winston was until 6 weeks later, when she saw him in class.

Yes.  She didn't say "I was raped by Jameis Winston - future heisman winner" because no one knew who he was at the time of the incident.  There was no pay day to be had.  She was raped by an unidentified guy.  She was able to ID him later and even then he still was a no name.  

This sort of takes the wind out of the sails of the "She is just looking for a pay day" argument.  

It also takes the wind out of the sails of the " police cover-up."  The case was a she said, he said until it was about Winston.

27Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 11:58 am

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Why did you post the question in a poll? You should have just made a statement of what you think and be done with it....unless you just want to prove your view is better than anyone who has a different opinion.

To spark discussion.

Why do you post on internet discussion forums if you don't like to discuss things?

To spark discussion or prove yourself dominant?

...My dominance is self evident.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuASbEMAXAVKJuXODXzp0X8MRRQv0ccDDnWWNAxFd8KtQPMhIn2w

Yeah right

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDCs7ijNUVM

Smile

28Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 11:59 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I love it when I hear sports commentators saying the deflategate "scandal" is hurting the NFL.  

This from a league that has routinely turned a blind eye to wife beaters and is likely to have a rapist be the number one pick next season.

LOL......a rapist?  This according to the multiple specimen girl. The one that claimed she didn't know who Winston was until 6 weeks later, when she saw him in class.

Yes.  She didn't say "I was raped by Jameis Winston - future heisman winner" because no one knew who he was at the time of the incident.  There was no pay day to be had.  She was raped by an unidentified guy.  She was able to ID him later and even then he still was a no name.  

This sort of takes the wind out of the sails of the "She is just looking for a pay day" argument.  

It also takes the wind out of the sails of the " police cover-up."  The case was a she said, he said until it was about Winston.

No it doesn't. Have you actually read the timeline of events?

29Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 12:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

No it doesn't.  Have you actually read the timeline of events?  

Yes.

30Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 12:16 pm

Sal

Sal

For Joanie, it's always the woman's fault.

I mean she's still in Cosby's corner, so ....

31Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 12:18 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Yes.

OK.

1.  Student is raped by unidentified man.

2.  Rape kit is performed and a description is taken.

3.  Student sees man on campus and alerts police.

4.  Police realize that the man is an FSU player.  The player is then advised of the pending investigation before the state attorney is even notified.  The man is then able to lawyer up and prepare, again, before the state attorney is even notified.  Winston and legal team were even able to question potential witnesses before the state attorney was even notified of a pending case.

5.  The perp is still a no-name to the woman and everyone else outside of the university system and police department.

See what happened there?

32Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 12:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Yes.

OK.

4.  Police realize that the man is an FSU player.  The player is then advised of the pending investigation before the state attorney is even notified.  The man is then able to lawyer up and prepare, again, before the state attorney is even notified.  Winston and legal team were even able to question potential witnesses before the state attorney was even notified of a pending case.

5.  The perp is still a no-name to the woman and everyone else outside of the university system and police department.

See what happened there?

Female student has sex with male student.
Rape kit done showing semen from more than one person.
Student sees Jameis, football-baseball player, in class and recognizes him.
Statement by Jameis....consentual sex.

What makes you believe it was not consensual?

33Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 1:02 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Yes.

OK.

See what happened there?

Female student has sex with male student.
Rape kit done showing semen from more than one person.
Student sees Jameis, football-baseball player, in class and recognizes him.
Statement by Jameis....consentual sex.

What makes you believe it was not consensual?

Well.  Women who have consensual sex do not usually report to campus PD the next day claiming that they were raped, submit to a rape kit, and then provide a description of the rapist.

I'm interested in hearing how you reconcile that fact in your mind.

On the other hand, women who are raped often do report to campus PD the next day and report the crime.   They often do submit to rape kits.  And they often do provide a description when they do not know the identity of their rapist.   And if they are eventually able to ID their rapist, they generally report that to the PD.

Aside from all of that, you completely ignored the main part of my last post that addressed the cover-up.

34Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 2/3/2015, 11:14 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Well, I'd say this argument was put to rest on Sunday.

Brady and Manning each had the opportunity to face Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Manning:  34/49, 280 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 73.5 Rating, result = blowout loss

Brady:  37/50, 328 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT, 101.1 Rating, result = game winning drive

And Manning easily had the better supporting cast.

35Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 2/3/2015, 12:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Still like Manning over Brady.

36Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 2/3/2015, 12:28 pm

2seaoat

Still like Manning over Brady.

Both are great NFL QBs, but one consistently has won critical games, and the other has consistently been MIA in critical games.

37Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 2/3/2015, 12:56 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

It comes down to how well the QBs perform in crisis. Tom Brady wins that without question.

Who cares if about regular season stats. What do your numbers look like in the playoffs? Do you rise to the occasion when facing the best teams, or do you crack?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The question was, who is the better quarterback. Now you changed it to a crisis situation. 

Peyton Manning has changed the meaning and role of a quarterback.

2seaoat

How so? I like him and would put him in my top 11 NFL QBs but I would not put him high on that list. I would put Bradshaw, Farve, Tarkenton, Unitas, Brady, Marino, Montana, Staubach, Young, Elway, all ahead of Manning......sorry he has consistently faded away in the big game. The others on the list may not have his stats(Kobe is gunning away making stats), but they did perform at crunch time.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Peyton Manning has changed the meaning and role of a quarterback.

How so?  I like him and would put him in my top 11 NFL QBs but I would not put him high on that list.  I would put Bradshaw, Farve, Tarkenton, Unitas, Brady, Marino, Montana, Staubach, Young, Elway, all ahead of Manning......sorry he has consistently faded away in the big game.  The others on the list may not have his stats(Kobe is gunning away making stats), but they did perform at crunch time.

Did Brady actually win the game or did Pete Carroll's horrible call lose the game?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:The question was, who is the better quarterback. Now you changed it to a crisis situation. 

How the QB performs in crisis is absolutely part of the question "Who is the better QB?" - among other things.

How does the QB perform in the playoffs?

How does the QB perform in crisis?

How does the QB perform with a lead?

How does the QB perform while trailing?

What sort of supporting cast have they had and what have they done with it?

In the end, we just watched Brady feast on a defense that absolutely humiliated Manning - and Manning had a team that was completely stacked on both sides of the ball.  Then there is the head to head record which Brady owns handily, again with a weaker supporting cast.  Then there are all of the super bowls and super bowl appearances.  Etc. etc.

The original question from this thread is now irrelevant.  The new question is "Is Brady the best QB of all time?".  I would say yes.

I would still say montana.

polecat

polecat

Give me Joe Gibbs
3 Super Bowl rings
3 different QBs

Yella

Yella

boards of FL wrote:Who is the better QB?

Blonde joke #87,318

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to the Super Bowl game. They had great
seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how
she liked it.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all
the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each
other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her boyfriend asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the
game, all they kept screaming was...

'Get the quarterback! Get the Quarterback!'

I'm like...Hellooooo? ...It's only 25 cents!"

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Who is the better QB?

Blonde joke #87,318

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to the Super Bowl game. They had great
seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how
she liked it.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all
the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each
other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her boyfriend asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the
game, all they kept screaming was...

'Get the quarterback! Get the Quarterback!'

I'm like...Hellooooo? ...It's only 25 cents!"