Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peyton is done

+3
Joanimaroni
Markle
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peyton is done Empty Peyton is done 11/17/2015, 12:32 am

2seaoat

He will miss the Bears game, and some are saying he has played his last game.

2Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/24/2016, 8:06 pm

2seaoat wrote:He will miss the Bears game, and some are saying he has played his last game.

Looks like you are wrong, Oatie. Peyton is going to the Super Bowl!

cheers

3Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/24/2016, 9:07 pm

Markle

Markle

He may lie about his poker prowess, I have no clue. He does love his stories.

But, when it comes to betting on anything to do with sports. Just watch whatever 2seaoat is backing and go the other way. If he backs a team, go with the other. If he takes the over on points, you take the under.

BUT, I will give it to 2seaoat. When he makes his bad forecasts, he does them with GUSTO!

4Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/24/2016, 11:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So happy for the Broncos and my man Peyton.

5Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 11:29 am

Sal

Sal

To be honest, Denver won with great defense.

The Super Bowl will feature yesterday's NFL quarterback versus the NFL quarterback of the future.

6Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 1:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:To be honest, Denver won with great defense.

The Super Bowl will feature yesterday's NFL quarterback versus the NFL quarterback of the future.

Cam Newton was hot last night. The Panthers beat Arizona decisively.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 1:10 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Salinsky wrote:To be honest, Denver won with great defense.

Cam Newton was hot last night. The Panthers beat Arizona decisively.

I have to agree although my druthers would be Arizona so Peyton can go out with a Super Bowl win.  Number 50 no less.

Dreadful to remember I saw the first one too.

It is interesting though that both of them are physically very similar. Both are 6'5" and both are very strong, intelligent and about 250 pounds.

However...at 39, whether he feels it or not, Peyton Manning doesn't have the strength and ENDURANCE of 26 year old Cam Newton.

Experience, which counts a lot, goes to Peyton of course. So I'd rate the quarterbacks equal. But I still give the game to Panthers. They were awesome last night.

ALTHOUGH...(this is why I never gamble on anything over which I have no control.

8Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 2:05 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:So I'd rate the quarterbacks equal.  But I still give the game to Panthers.  They were awesome last night.

I agree... I think the Panthers will l own the Super Bowl, though when asked in an on-field interview after the game, Newton kind of stuttered for a second when he was told he would be playing against Manning.

I am not a big follower of Pro Football, but this is a Super Bowl I will definitely watch. Some local players are on the Panthers' roster. Corner Back Courtland Finnegan (Milton/Samford) and Kicker Graham Gano (Pensacola/FSU).

9Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 2:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:So I'd rate the quarterbacks equal.  But I still give the game to Panthers.  They were awesome last night.

I agree... I think the Panthers will l own the Super Bowl, though when asked in an on-field interview after the game, Newton kind of stuttered for a second when he was told he would be playing against Manning.

I am not a big follower of Pro Football, but this is a Super Bowl I will definitely watch. Some local players are on the Panthers' roster. Corner Back Courtland Finnegan (Milton/Samford) and Kicker Graham Gano (Pensacola/FSU).

Two of my favorite quarterbacks will face off. Denver has an aggressive defense and so does Carolina. 

I am so happ for Cam aND a wonderful season. From the time he was pickup by Carolina he has struggled with a weak defense and an absent offensive line....this year, Carolina has it all.

10Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 7:31 pm

2seaoat

Peyton did not get them there. The back up QB and the defense did. Peyton is done. The backup QB won games and got them into the playoffs. Peyton can make a symbolic last hurrah, but the Panthers defense will eat him up.

11Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/25/2016, 10:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Peyton did not get them there.  The back up QB and the defense did.  Peyton is done.  The backup QB won games and got them into the playoffs.  Peyton can make a symbolic last hurrah, but the Panthers defense will eat him up.

Sigh,...Denver needs a tough offensive line.

12Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 9:53 am

Oatie, you've had a great life, won a few battles, raised the family, have a loving wife but let's not talk about that.  You're done!  

Laughing

All great players have an end to their career, but for a team player like Peyton - what a way to go.

I think you can relate.  

By the way, your foresight and forth telling would have made you a great Bible character.   Laughing

Glad you made it safely home to get the next treatment and diagnostics. Good luck.

13Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 10:03 am

2seaoat

In Peyton's condition or mine........you are smoking something to think either has much to add at this point. The Denver Defense with a backup QB got them in the playoffs.......Peyton had a great career and I am happy that he is going to get that one last hurrah, but really is there anybody out there who cannot see that he is done and has been done the last two years?

14Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 10:27 am

2seaoat wrote:In Peyton's condition or mine........you are smoking something to think either has much to add at this point.  The Denver Defense with a backup QB got them in the playoffs.......Peyton had a great career and I am happy that he is going to get that one last hurrah, but really is there anybody out there who cannot see that he is done and has been done the last two years?

Always hate to see the great ones go. Recalling Aikman and those wonder years with the Cowboys.

15Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 2:46 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:In Peyton's condition or mine........you are smoking something to think either has much to add at this point.  The Denver Defense with a backup QB got them in the playoffs.......Peyton had a great career and I am happy that he is going to get that one last hurrah, but really is there anybody out there who cannot see that he is done and has been done the last two years?

You'll also recall that the last game that got them to the playoffs, Peyton had to come in the second half and pull it out of the fire. That had to do with experience and having performed under extreme pressure many times.

16Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 3:34 pm

polecat

polecat

Markle wrote:

You'll also recall that the last game that got them to the playoffs, Peyton had to come in the second half and pull it out of the fire.  That had to do with experience and having performed under extreme pressure many times.

Denver started the year 7-0 with who at Q-Back?
No he is not the player he used to be but a worn-out Payton is still better than 90% of the starting QBs in the league.

17Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/26/2016, 10:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

polecat wrote:
Markle wrote:

You'll also recall that the last game that got them to the playoffs, Peyton had to come in the second half and pull it out of the fire.  That had to do with experience and having performed under extreme pressure many times.

Denver started the year 7-0 with who at Q-Back?
No he is not the player he used to be but a worn-out Payton is still better than 90% of the starting QBs in the league.

cheers

18Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/27/2016, 6:51 am

Telstar

Telstar

I'd love to see Peyton win another ring but Cam Newton looks like Superman on the field.

19Peyton is done Empty Re: Peyton is done 1/27/2016, 2:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Telstar wrote:I'd love to see Peyton win another ring but Cam Newton looks like Superman on the field.

I agree completely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum