Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning?

+4
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
Sal
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who is the better QB?

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? I_vote_lcap43%Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? I_vote_rcap 43% [ 3 ]
Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? I_vote_lcap57%Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? I_vote_rcap 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 1:33 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Who is the better QB?

Sal

Sal

Now?

Or, over the span of their entire careers?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:Now?

Or, over the span of their entire careers?

Over their entire careers. If we're having a discussion of the greatest QBs of all time, who would be higher on that list.

Brady... and I don't like him. He's one of the few qbs I will not bet against over my life watching football.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

HIGHEST QB WINNING PERCENTAGE
(minimum of 100 starts, since 1970)

[th]NAME[/th][th]RECORD[/th][th]PCT[/th]
Tom Brady148-43.775
Joe Montana117-47.713
Peyton Manning167-73.696
Terry Bradshaw107-51.677
Ben Roethlisberger90-46.662

MOST CAREER VICTORIES BY A QB

Brett Favre186
Peyton Manning167
Tom Brady148
John Elway148
Dan Marino147

MOST CAREER PASSING TDS

Brett Favre508
Peyton Manning491
Dan Marino420
Drew Brees363
Tom Brady359

MOST CAREER PASSING YARDS

Brett Favre71,838
Peyton Manning64,964
Dan Marino61,361
John Elway51,475
Drew Brees51,081
Warren Moon49,325
Tom Brady49,149

boards of FL

boards of FL

Brady.

He has done more with less.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Peyton Manning, in my opinion, is the better quarterback.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Peyton Manning, in my opinion, is the better quarterback.

Brady leads the head-to-head series 11-5.

Then when you consider the fact that Peyton has had a better supporting cast for most of his career...

Tom Brady agrees to take less money and then New England trades his favorite target (Welker).

Manning's team picks up Brady's favorite target and he is a WR3, and he still gets obliterated by the NFC and loses head to head to Brady.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Why did you post the question in a poll? You should have just made a statement of what you think and be done with it....unless you just want to prove your view is better than anyone who has a different opinion.

10Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 3:41 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Why did you post the question in a poll? You should have just made a statement of what you think and be done with it....unless you just want to prove your view is better than anyone who has a different opinion.

To spark discussion.

Why do you post on internet discussion forums if you don't like to discuss things?

11Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 3:53 pm

If my life depended on a last minute drive... the only qb I'd pick over brady is montana.

12Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 3:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Why did you post the question in a poll? You should have just made a statement of what you think and be done with it....unless you just want to prove your view is better than anyone who has a different opinion.

To spark discussion.

Why do you post on internet discussion forums if you don't like to discuss things?

To spark discussion or prove yourself dominant? I have never seen you have an actual conversation....but whatever.
I still think Manning is the better quarterback in all aspects of the game.

13Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 4:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:If my life depended on a last minute drive... the only qb I'd pick over brady is montana.

Brady can accomplish victory with minutes on the clock.

14Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 4:24 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

To spark discussion.

To spark discussion or prove yourself dominant?

To spark discussion. My dominance is self evident.

15Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 4:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Egotistical is a very discriptive term, wouldn't you agree?

16Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 4:53 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Egotistical is a very discriptive term, wouldn't you agree?

Actually, 'egotistical' is a descriptive term.

17Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 4:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Egotistical is a very discriptive term, wouldn't you agree?

Actually, 'egotistical' is a descriptive term.

My apologies.....

18Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 5:26 pm

2seaoat

Brady.....Mannings rap is not that he has good stats, but he fails at crunch time.

19Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/28/2015, 5:27 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

I will take Brady

20Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/29/2015, 10:13 pm

Yella

Yella

boards of FL wrote:Who is the better QB?

I suspect that Tom Brady has a small container of helium secreted in the sleeve of his jersey. On a long pass play he cleverly inflates the ball and hurls it easily to his receiver.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

21Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/29/2015, 10:41 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I love it when I hear sports commentators saying the deflategate "scandal" is hurting the NFL.  
I predict all this media attention on pro football will bring the largest tv audience and revenues  ever for the Super Bowl.  

U.S. News and World Report reveals the following...

An estimated 184 million Americans are expected to watch Super Bowl.  That's more than half the entire population of the country.

Consumers are expected to shell out more than $14 billion this year in relation to Super Bowl XLIX, according to the National Retail Federation and Statista. That includes spending on food and drink, decorations, and merchandise and apparel, and is an increase of almost $2 billion from 2014’s $12.37 billion spending benchmark.

The average Super Bowl viewer is expected to spend a record $77.88 in relation to the game. Young adults between 19 and 24 years old are expected to spend an average of $95.92, while the 25- to 34-year-old age bracket will spend $101.54 apiece. Those between the ages of 35 and 44 years old will likely be the biggest spending demographic, with an average spending projection of $102.82.

Consumers aren’t the only ones spending on the Super Bowl. Companies planning to run a 30-second advertisement during the game will have to part with a reported $4.5 million, according to Variety and SuperBowl-Ads.com. That’s up from about $4 million last year and $3.8 million in 2013. And while that may seem like a daunting figure for a 30-second time slot, NBC announced earlier this week that it had sold out all of its scheduled commercial time during the game.

There wasn’t a single ticket available for the 2015 Super Bowl in Glendale, Arizona, for less than $10,000 three days before kickoff, according to Ticketmaster’s NFL Ticket Exchange. The maximum ticket price exceeded $21,000.

Tickets to the very first Super Bowl in 1967, meanwhile, cost between $6 and $12, and there were reportedly 33,000 empty seats

22Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 8:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Super Bowl food will be our only expense.

23Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 8:58 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I love it when I hear sports commentators saying the deflategate "scandal" is hurting the NFL.  

I love it when they say it's hurting the "integrity" of the game.

This from a league that has routinely turned a blind eye to wife beaters and is likely to have a rapist be the number one pick next season.

24Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 11:26 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I love it when I hear sports commentators saying the deflategate "scandal" is hurting the NFL.  

This from a league that has routinely turned a blind eye to wife beaters and is likely to have a rapist be the number one pick next season.

LOL......a rapist?  This according to the multiple specimen girl. The one that claimed she didn't know who Winston was until 6 weeks later, when she saw him in class.

25Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Empty Re: Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 1/30/2015, 11:31 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

LOL......a rapist?  This according to the multiple specimen girl. The one that claimed she didn't know who Winston was until 6 weeks later, when she saw him in class.

Yes. She didn't say "I was raped by Jameis Winston - future heisman winner" because no one knew who he was at the time of the incident. There was no pay day to be had. She was raped by an unidentified guy. She was able to ID him later and even then he still was a no name.

This sort of takes the wind out of the sails of the "She is just looking for a pay day" argument.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum