Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacaid Cuts

+2
KarlRove
Vikingwoman
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obamacaid Cuts Empty Obamacaid Cuts 12/28/2014, 2:20 pm

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/28/us/obamacare-medicaid-fee-increases-expiring.html?_r=0&referrer=

WASHINGTON —Just as millions of people are gaining insurance through Medicaid,the program is poised to make deep cuts in payments to many doctors,prompting some physicians and consumer advocates to warn that the reductions could make it more difficult for Medicaid patients to obtain care.

The Affordable Care Act provided a big increase in Medicaid payments for primary care in 2013 and 2014. But the increase expires on Thursday —just weeks after the Obama administration told the Supreme Court that doctors and other providers had no legal right to challenge the adequacy of payments they received from Medicaid.

2Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/28/2014, 2:46 pm

Obamacaid Cuts Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBsf-D2Yc-vcYRbkWJG2kx8rUwvYyEdFo89eQm17BGrkT28Mlx

A lot of doctors and nurses supported Obama's grand program with election campaign signs in their yards..... Not feeling much sympathy for them over this.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qEsTCTuajE

Smile

3Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/28/2014, 5:44 pm

Vikingwoman

How many of those states refused medicaid grant blocks from Obamacare? Is that why the cuts are happening? Hmmm?

4Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/28/2014, 5:53 pm

Eventually the entire expansion will fall on the states... then what? Free ain't cheap comrade.

5Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 5:23 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Vikingwoman Yesterday at 6:44 pm
How many of those states refused medicaid grant blocks from Obamacare? Is that why the cuts are happening? Hmmm?
------
The states were getting the bill in the longrun anyhow. Why were you trying to ignore that fact?

6Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 5:24 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Another unfunded mandate by the federal government.

7Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 6:09 pm

2seaoat

Another unfunded mandate by the federal government.

I do not believe you are correct. You have a real opportunity to give an exact answer and slice and dice Seaoat, but it was my understanding the subsidy would continue but after a few years would be reduced by 5% with the states having to pick up that amount. If I am wrong please correct me and provide cites and how the expanded medicaid formula works. thanks.

8Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 6:37 pm

Vikingwoman

KarlRove wrote:by Vikingwoman Yesterday at 6:44 pm
------
The states were getting the bill in the longrun anyhow.  Why were you trying to ignore that fact?

The federal govt. cannot mandate anything they don't provide funds for. You are so woefully ignorant. Medicaid is mostly funded by the govt.

9Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 6:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Medicaid is funded by the government and the states.

10Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 7:05 pm

Vikingwoman

I just said that. Who else would be funding it besides the states? Most of the funding comes from the govt. though which is why they are able to make the rules.

11Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 7:11 pm

2seaoat

I think the legitimate question raised by PK is how will the expanded medicaid coverage costs be covered after the federal subsidy. I thought the 100% subsidy would last about five years, and then after that the states would have to pick up 5% of the expanded medicaid costs and that the federal government would still cover about 95%. I may be wrong, but that was my general impression when I read things three years ago. I have not googled or researched this any further and would appreciate guidance if somebody knows.

12Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 7:15 pm

Vikingwoman

It's something like that.

13Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 7:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:
KarlRove wrote:by Vikingwoman Yesterday at 6:44 pm
------
The states were getting the bill in the longrun anyhow.  Why were you trying to ignore that fact?

The federal govt. cannot mandate anything they don't provide funds for. You are so woefully ignorant. Medicaid is mostly funded by the govt.

You are being facetious are you not?

14Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 7:57 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:I just said that. Who else would be funding it besides the states? Most of the funding comes from the govt. though which is why they are able to make the rules.

Which means tax PAYERS. In other words, people who played by the rules and are punished for having done so.

15Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 8:00 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:It's something like that.

In other words, 2seaoat and you have no clue, but support it anyway. Just so people who play by the rules are punished as much as possible.

16Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 8:18 pm

dumpcare

Here's a timeline when the full cost by feds starts being reduced.

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares-medicaid-expansion/

17Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 9:56 pm

Markle

Markle

Obamacaid Cuts OBAMACARE20SUBSIDIES-PHOTO_zps3c916097

Where will the money come from?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/cbo-cost-obamacare-subsidy-will-increase-8-fold-10-years

18Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

In other words, 2seaoat and you have no clue, but support it anyway. Just so people who play by the rules are punished as much as possible.

Actually, the complexity of medicaid reimbursement to states and the percentage they pay was complex long before the Affordable Care Act. I have no clue what are all the factors including the states's per capita income and other factors which constitute the contribution rate of medicaid to each individual state. I however, was pretty close to accurate in that instead of five years of 100% it was three years, and instead of 95% it was 90%. I am well read and do understand things, but if you have ever had an older relative trying to qualify for nursing home qualifications under different state law medicaid, you will understand the complexities long before the affordable Care Act. Nobody who plays by the rules is being punished, but I am all ears as to why you think, first that the rules have been broken, and who is being punished?

Three months of the Afghanastan war will pay the same, but having people covered will save an additional 190 billion over ten years. The act has slowed medical inflation already and the true savings is going to be far greater. Different priorities bring different budget priorities. The deficit will continue to drop, and the continued success of ACA will continue.

19Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 10:53 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:Another unfunded mandate by the federal government.

I do not believe you are correct.  You have a real opportunity to give an exact answer and slice and dice Seaoat, but it was my understanding the subsidy would continue but after a few years would be reduced by 5% with the states having to pick up that amount.   If I am wrong please correct me and provide cites and how the expanded medicaid formula works.  thanks.

How about negative. States would eventually pick it ALL up and the feds absolve themselves of it.

20Obamacaid Cuts Empty Re: Obamacaid Cuts 12/29/2014, 10:54 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

2seaoat wrote:In other words, 2seaoat and you have no clue, but support it anyway. Just so people who play by the rules are punished as much as possible.

Actually, the complexity of medicaid reimbursement to states and the percentage they pay was complex long before the Affordable Care Act.  I have no clue what are all the factors including the states's per capita income and other factors which constitute the contribution rate of medicaid to each individual state.  I however, was pretty close to accurate in that instead of five years of 100% it was three years, and instead of 95% it was 90%.  I am well read and do understand things, but if you have ever had an older relative trying to qualify for nursing home qualifications under different state law medicaid, you will understand the complexities long before the affordable Care Act.  Nobody who plays by the rules is being punished, but I am all ears as to why you think, first that the rules have been broken, and who is being punished?

Three months of the Afghanastan war will pay the same, but having people covered will save  an additional 190 billion over ten years.  The act has slowed medical inflation already and the true savings is going to be far greater.  Different priorities bring different budget priorities.  The deficit will continue to drop, and the continued success of ACA will continue.

Your true colors are showing. You aren't for cutting government at all, you are just for shifting the pockets where the money goes. See, you are a fake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum