Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do need help on a subject ?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

cool1

cool1

I cant name names But here it is -- Someone close to me got into trouble about 2 weeks ago , He is mentally handicap meaning he cant write , spell - he just is very slow and hes in his 40s , Some guy kept picking on him hitting his hat off and hitting him in the head just for the fun of it , Had he told me I would have told the man to leave him alone hes been doing it for a while kinda like a bully because he knew the slow guy wouldn't hit back.

So that day the guy hit the slow guy in the ear real hard , The slow guy didn't do anything back but some 8 hours later the slow guy sees the bad guy in a store and opens the door and the bad guy was there and said something to him so the slow guy walked out and pushed the door back open and said you done it now and pushed the guy that's all but the bad guy called the cops

I couldn't bond him out in time so I had to go to a video court where they released him on PRE--Trial release -- So they gave a court date for us to go to meanwhile he is on house arrest -- Heres the thing I talked to PTR officer and asked him what is the next step what will happen at court ? He said that is where you plead guilty or whatever and get a lawyer if you need one -- My question is this Do they give you a lawyer quick so you will know how to plead? Or do they give you a lawyer after you plead and if you don't get one oppointed quick how do you plead kinda scarring me for sure -- I heard I think you can plead guilty--not guilty--no contest and im not even sure on that and the charge is battery Rolling Eyes

wouldn't you think they would give you a lawyer quick so you could ask im not sure and I don't know what they will do to him - they put him in jail and I called the jail and talked to medical so they could remove him from general population at the jail -It worked --they told me to show up at this video court to help I did that but now im like I don't know what to plead and if I knew I would get a lawyer first I would feel better Rolling Eyes

cool1

cool1

You would think I could call someone but who Shocked

Call the public defenders office immediately... and then go there asap. The guy needs a legal advocate immediately.

cool1

cool1

yes I must do something they would know let me look on computer and see if I can find something on public defender in escambia county or something I will look now thanks I will try

cool1

cool1

they said they are out all of them had a meeting of lawyers to go to but I will try Monday to see what I can find out meanwhile I will keep looking to see if I can call someone else maybe

cool1

cool1

ok so I started looking for anyone to call --so somehow how I found the number to judges in Pensacola and walla --I called the judge that put him on PTR and the secretary answered and said they will not let him answer until he has a lawyer wheew I feel better now knowing that --she said also with him being handicap they may do a mental evaluation she said , She said someone I don't know who could ask for a mental evaluation Very Happy I did not want him to plead without someone helping us for sure

Good... the public defenders office should know the details quickly though. It may not be safe for him unless the jail knows his limitations. Have they been notified? Hell... I would go to the sheriff if you don't think he's safe. Good luck.

What to do need help on a subject ? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa2_ANUncj3BZCp2hfcqGa09_OmFOiIxlLNruMsi7fpXImUB_l

Also find out where and when the guy hit your friend in the ear and other incidents.

Possible counter suit.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

While in jail, he needs to be in protective custody. I would talk to the sheriff and then go to the State Attorney asap, explain what happened. This charge needs to be dropped.

2seaoat

http://www.esrba.com/lawyerreferral.asp

Fill out the online form, pick a criminal lawyer and make an appointment clarifying the cost for the consultation, and the cost for representation. If the Defendant cannot afford the retainer and cost of representation, make an appointment prior to the court date with the public defender's office and fill out their paperwork to see if the defendant qualifies. I strongly would urge you to get an initial interview with a private criminal attorney. This should not be that expensive, and doubt that you have to worry about jail time based on what you have represented.

I would be more concerned as to whether this defendant has had any other interactions with the criminal justice system. If so, this may be more involved, especially if the defendant is having difficulty with controlling his anger.

cool1

cool1

he got in trouble one other time about 5 years ago for lying to a police officer a girl cut him with a knife and he called police then the next day without them knowing he was slow talked to him again and he told me he felt sorry for the girl so he told them never mind and they picked him up Rolling Eyes I asked him why he told the cops that uuuuggggg Now this Rolling Eyes

He is on house arrest right now he cant go anywhere till court date then the next court date I have no idea what will happen but they said they would give him a lawyer that's all I know right now

cool1

cool1

Joanimaroni wrote:While in jail, he needs to be in protective custody.  I would talk to the sheriff and then go to the State Attorney asap, explain what happened. This charge needs to be dropped.

yes when he was in jail I had them take him away from others , They did .
he is on house arrest right now .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Go to the State Attorney.....this should not go any further.

Vikingwoman

He should plead not guilty and wait for his public defender. He will get one assigned and he can talk to the St. Atty. The St. Atty. will not talk to you. He's got awhile to go before he goes to court and he will just get probation and adjudication withheld. He needs to press charges on the guy that punched him in the ear though. The St. Atty may drop the charges if there are counter charges but his lawyer needs to make that deal for him.

2seaoat

They are not going to drop charges. The prior incidents are not relevant to the state for proving the current case, but may be relevant in sentencing in regard to mitigation or eligibility for pretrial diversion. If as represented he has no criminal record and in light of prior harassment and his mental capacity, this should be diverted. However, diversion usually requires victim cooperation.

cool1

cool1

he is on pre trial release he has to go check in with his probation officer which is his pre trial release probation officer --that man makes sure he stays at home till court date which is December 22 I think and until then he has 2 visits before trial which they will give him a pee test and breath test at our cost around $40 bucks each time then court then I don't know what will happen at court but I will let yall know

All I know is last time he got into trouble it cost money--they charge like $260.00 around that just for court costs alone not counting all the other stuff they smack you with---he says im sorry sis Sad

I try to explain to him this is number 2 second time getting into trouble , I told him I have a feeling you get into trouble again I cant help you and you better straighten up --the guy hit him like 7 hours before my brother shoved him , I told my brother that does not look good for you

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:They are not going to drop charges.  The prior incidents are not relevant to the state for proving the current case, but may be relevant in sentencing in regard to mitigation or eligibility for pretrial diversion. If as represented he has no criminal record and in light of prior harassment and his mental capacity, this should be diverted.  However, diversion usually requires victim cooperation.

The State Attorney's office can drop the charges.

Vikingwoman

You should explain to him Cool, he needs to come to you or call the police when someone assaults him. They won't drop the charges at this point but if he has any kind of caseworker or agency that helps him, they can advocate for him also w/ the courts. He will get probation and remain in the PTR program.

2seaoat

The State Attorney's office can drop the charges.

He is not a police officer.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The State Attorney's office can drop the charges.

He is not a police officer.

No, he is not but Bill Eddins is the state attorney, he can and does drop charges, especially in a situation like this. It happens, not all arrests are prosecuted.

Talk to him Cool......

2seaoat

No, he is not but Bill Eddins is the state attorney, he can and does drop charges, especially in a situation like this. It happens, not all arrests are prosecuted.

Talk to him Cool......

He will not drop charges.....especially with people asking for the same. Sorry, but the charges will remain. The folks that authorize charges do not do the same willy nilly, and the prior acts do nothing to diminish the current charges. The very thought of asking a states attorney to drop charges suggest political pressure or connections can change the duty the state is given. Naive at best. However, mitigation will happen.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:No, he is not but Bill Eddins is the state attorney, he can and does drop charges, especially in a situation like this. It happens, not all arrests are prosecuted.

Talk to him Cool......

He will not drop charges.....especially with people asking for the same.   Sorry, but the charges will remain.  The folks that authorize charges do not do the same willy nilly, and the prior acts do nothing to diminish the current charges.   The very thought of asking a states attorney to drop charges suggest political pressure or connections can change the duty the state is given.  Naive at best.  However, mitigation will happen.

So are you saying the State Attorney must prosecute everyone arrested?

Cool.....I spoke with an attorney today about the case.

2seaoat

So are you saying the State Attorney must prosecute everyone arrested?

No. An assistant states attorney is on duty 24 hours a day to authorize charges. The police agency calls to get authorization. You can call all day and think that is how justice works. Amusing that you have no problem when a protected class gets a pass......like who you know is what justice is. The state will not drop charges, but they may mitigate.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:So are you saying the State Attorney must prosecute everyone arrested?

No.  An assistant states attorney is on duty 24 hours a day to authorize charges.  The police agency calls to get authorization.  You can call all day and think that is how justice works.   Amusing that you have no problem when a protected class gets a pass......like who you know is what justice is.   The state will not drop charges, but they may mitigate.

Oh ok Seaoat.....charges never get dropped.....never ever ever. Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

Oh ok Seaoat.....charges never get dropped.....never ever ever. Rolling Eyes

Not in this case for obvious reason which I will not discuss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum