Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you remember aluminum christmas trees and flocked trees

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

There was a period in the early sixties where fake trees became the rage. Everybody was going with fire safe trees which in hind sight was hideous. I remember when the kids were young as a reaction to the artificial trees we would go and find a tree we would cut down. The rule was that we had to find a bird nest in the tree. We would go to a catholic high school tree farm and walk around for hours to find that special tree......it was a fun tradition, but today......I have no problem with a fake tree.

I also loved disposing of the tree at our favorite crappie fishing spot.

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats, your recollection of the old aluminum tree made me recall that we actually have one of these. Unfortunately for me, my wife loves retro stuff while I like new but she has an impressive collection of Pyrex dishes, coffee makers, quilts, and of course Christmas trees! She actually saved our daughter-in-laws old makeup mirror she used in college with CHI OMEGA written on it from her days at Clemson. She has it wrapped to give our oldest grand daughter who graduates this year and is off to college . . . . I think they will both be shocked as well as pleased . . . .we'll see!

2seaoat

I think the classic aluminum Christmas tree may have value, but it will make babyboomers smile.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Every aluminum tree needs one of these.

Do you remember aluminum christmas trees and flocked trees Aluminum-christmas-tree-colorwheel

2seaoat

damn does that complete my memories this evening.

knothead

knothead

Oh yeah . . . . we got one of them too . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum