Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Net Neutrality for Dummies

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/17/2014, 1:09 pm

Sal

Sal

I apologize if this has already been posted.

I just saw it for the first time and thought PkrBum and Markie might find it helpful ....

2Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/17/2014, 5:40 pm

polecat

polecat

So I changed my mind-- I’m willing to give up net neutrality if it means no more Kim Kardashian on the Internet.- Top Conservative Cat

3Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/17/2014, 5:43 pm

polecat

polecat

Net Neutrality Is Obamacare For The Internet" - proving that Ted Cruz is the Abraham Lincoln of Sarah Palins.- John Fugelsang

4Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/17/2014, 5:44 pm

polecat

polecat

People against Net Neutrality either a) don’t know what it is, or b) have their net worth determined by telecom stocks.- Jay Frosting Tweet

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:People against Net Neutrality either a) don’t know what it is, or b) have their net worth determined by telecom stocks.- Jay Frosting Tweet

Progressives never saw ANYTHING they did NOT want to regulate and, most of all...TAX!  So if you LOVE more taxes, and what Progressive does not, yu must support MORE REGULATIONS!

Perhaps polecat is unaware that owners of telecom stocks can actually sell them and buy other stocks.  They could also sell telecom stocks short could they not?

Consumers

FCC official warns Obama-backed net neutrality plan would bring 'immediate' Internet tax

Published November 17, 2014
·FoxNews.com

Internet users would be forced to pay a new federal tax on their monthly bills if the government approves regulations recently endorsed by President Obama, a member of the Federal Communications Commission predicts.

Commissioner Mike O'Reilly addressed what's known as "net neutrality" at a Washington seminar on Friday. He spoke after Obama backed stricter rules by calling for preventing service providers from charging more for speedier service and for regulating them like telecommunications companies under a decades-old law.

That law requires telecommunications companies to pay into the FCC’s “Universal Service Fund” -- and would likely require the same of Internet companies. But O'Reilly says history clearly shows that the fees would quickly be “passed off” to customers, just like they are now on monthly phone bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/17/fcc-official-warns-obama-backed-net-neutrality-plan-will-bring-backdoor-tax-on/

6Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/17/2014, 9:14 pm

We'll find out what's in it after it's passed... and don't be surprised if pubs help pass it.

7Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 5:00 pm

polecat

polecat

Perhaps polecat is unaware that owners of telecom stocks can actually sell them and buy other stocks. They could also sell telecom stocks short could they not?

Markel it's called a joke... you know funny?
Nevermind

8Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 5:11 pm

polecat

polecat

Knowing what net neutrality is about might prevent you from looking like Senator Ted Cruz the next time it comes up in polite conversation. Rather than slurp up the rhetoric like an unthinking sponge (and comparing Cruz to sponges is an insult to sponges) you might want to scroll through this very simple explanation of the subject. Letting politicians on the take settle this issue for us might be one of the most frustrating things apathetic people could ever do to themselves. Be informed, and this little link can help in that regard.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/net_neutrality

9Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 5:26 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:We'll find out what's in it after it's passed... and don't be surprised if pubs help pass it.

Bush lied, people died. But I don't expect you to grasp this.

10Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 5:28 pm

polecat wrote:Knowing what net neutrality is about might prevent you from looking like Senator Ted Cruz the next time it comes up in polite conversation. Rather than slurp up the rhetoric like an unthinking sponge (and comparing Cruz to sponges is an insult to sponges) you might want to scroll through this very simple explanation of the subject. Letting politicians on the take settle this issue for us might be one of the most frustrating things apathetic people could ever do to themselves. Be informed, and this little link can help in that regard.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/net_neutrality

What leads you to believe that you know what net neutrality is all about?

You should read about how govt controls start... and then look at them today. trade, energy, telecom, railroad, steel, healthcare, transportation, food, drugs, alcohol, airlines, environment, education, cable, media, firearms, wages, liberties... etc.

11Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 5:38 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Slave to monopolistic competition, neocon.

12Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 6:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

I have no idea what part of it is bullshit,  but that is comedy genius. Laughed my ass off.

13Net Neutrality for Dummies Empty Re: Net Neutrality for Dummies 11/18/2014, 7:03 pm

Making the internet regulated like a utility will make it easier for the gov to say that having it is a "RIGHT". Then they can set up more government agencies to oversee the disbursement of it to the populace. All the while adding a new tax to it so the ones who pay for internet will pay for the ones who don't.

Sad you lefties don't get it. You just eat anything the mastas toss you, which is usually crumbs mixed with a generous portion of shit.

And like just about every other idea this president has had, its a job killer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum