Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Jim Hightower: New Outrages Keep Gushing from BP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/08/11-3

BP has been using prison "work release" labor to clean up the spill. When the public took notice of the prison garb, got rid of it. The prisoners are not being paid, but BP is...$2,400 for every inmate they hire (which, BTW, explains why the cooks on the rigs are all work-release prisoners, as I've been told).

And this: "...And that's not all we're subsidizing. For example, BP, which rented the drilling rig from Transocean Corp., used a special tax break to write off 70 percent of the rent it paid. Seventy percent! This added up to a savings of $225,000 a day for BP..."

And this: "...Again and again, BP has promised that it would pay all cleanup costs for the mess it made. Now, however, the British-based oil giant has quietly told investors that it expects to get a $10-billion subsidy from Uncle Sugar to help cover the costs..."

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/08/11-3

BP has been using prison "work release" labor to clean up the spill. When the public took notice of the prison garb, got rid of it. The prisoners are not being paid, but BP is...$2,400 for every inmate they hire (which, BTW, explains why the cooks on the rigs are all work-release prisoners, as I've been told).

And this: "...And that's not all we're subsidizing. For example, BP, which rented the drilling rig from Transocean Corp., used a special tax break to write off 70 percent of the rent it paid. Seventy percent! This added up to a savings of $225,000 a day for BP..."

And this: "...Again and again, BP has promised that it would pay all cleanup costs for the mess it made. Now, however, the British-based oil giant has quietly told investors that it expects to get a $10-billion subsidy from Uncle Sugar to help cover the costs..."


I guess Bush did this?

I just want to see how far you will go to not blame the current administration.

3Jim Hightower:  New Outrages Keep Gushing from BP Empty Dear Chrissy on 8/23/2010, 6:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
Nothing I say or quote is credible, huh? You're the one with the dim brain and I've had it with your hateful c***. Stuff it.

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:Nothing I say or quote is credible, huh? You're the one with the dim brain and I've had it with your hateful c***. Stuff it.

Where did I say anything about you being credible or not?

You made this thread. I wanted to see what you had to say about it now.

What is c***?

Because if it's what I think it is, it doesnt fit in the sentence LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
...you wouldn't support anything that I support...isn't that what you said? It is callous on your part to make a statement like that about me...you don't know me...don't know what I'm dealing with or where I've been. You just want to reject my opinions out of hand because of your perception of me from what I write, similar to your absolute rejection of anything Obama does, or doesn't do. If you're in health care, I'm glad you're not my HCP, because you appear to lack empathy.

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:...you wouldn't support anything that I support...isn't that what you said? It is callous on your part to make a statement like that about me...you don't know me...don't know what I'm dealing with or where I've been. You just want to reject my opinions out of hand because of your perception of me from what I write, similar to your absolute rejection of anything Obama does, or doesn't do. If you're in health care, I'm glad you're not my HCP, because you appear to lack empathy.

I cant really make a judgment about you, that is correct other than what you write.

You can not compare yourself with obama. I can definatly make a judgment about him. He is the president and I see what he is doing and I dont like it.

Why dont you just defend your topic with facts instead of going off on a tangent like a 5 year old?

Oh and far as being your HCP. You would be so lucky to have me involved with your HC. I am the best of the best in this area in my profession. And I have plenty of emapathy.

Why dont you not confused my job with my political veiws. They are two seperate things. Or are you capable of that?

Probaly not.

Its obvious you dont want to talk about this subject. So you can have it. I figured as much.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum