Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:More people will die from the flu in this year alone than have ever died from ebola...ever...all years combined...going back to the origins of history of our civilization.

So in turn you'd rather have that reversed and have no quarantines in effect to protect the population from exposure of a possible plague running rampant and killing more people in a few months or years than were ever killed by the flu.

No.  I'm showing you that your fear is misplaced and your suggested policy is flat out idiotic.  

In one year, the flu will kill more human beings than ebola has ever killed...all time...ever.   Why aren't you calling for a quarantine of everyone with the flu or of everyone who has potentially been exposed to the flu?  

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Th?id=HN.608043459652487670&pid=15

Um.m..m... Because the flu doesn't have a estimated 70% kill rate like ebola and the latters kill rate is only that low with drastic measures like blood infusions. So if a nurse or doctor choose to go into a contaminated area and then has to spend a month in quarantine I really don't care. It was their choice to go.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Smile

Flu deaths have a high percentage of secondary conditions that cause death.

But isn't it strange that more people die from the flu each year than those that even contract ebola?  Hell, I suspect more people will die from the flu this year alone than have ever even contracted ebola...all time...in documented human history.  The flu in one year kills more than the number who have ever - ever and ever - even contracted ebola.

Further, I suspect that if you're white and living in the US, the survival rate for ebola is somewhere around 100%.

Maybe because flu ain't rampant in Africa homey? Ever think of that? What do you think would happen if it were rampant? Hmmmm.

Imagine if all of these sick kids that Obama decided to let into our country last spring had Ebola instead of some of the upper respiratory illnesses or the like that they
Brought ?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:More people will die from the flu in this year alone than have ever died from ebola...ever...all years combined...going back to the origins of history of our civilization.

So in turn you'd rather have that reversed and have no quarantines in effect to protect the population from exposure of a possible plague running rampant and killing more people in a few months or years than were ever killed by the flu.

No.  I'm showing you that your fear is misplaced and your suggested policy is flat out idiotic.  

In one year, the flu will kill more human beings than ebola has ever killed...all time...ever.   Why aren't you calling for a quarantine of everyone with the flu or of everyone who has potentially been exposed to the flu?  

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Th?id=HN.608043459652487670&pid=15

Um.m..m... Because the flu doesn't have a estimated 70% kill rate like ebola and the latters kill rate is only that low with drastic measures like blood infusions. So if a nurse or doctor choose to go into a contaminated area and then has to spend a month in quarantine I really don't care. It was their choice to go.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

But isn't it strange that more people die from the flu each year than those that even contract ebola?  Hell, I suspect more people will die from the flu this year alone than have ever even contracted ebola...all time...in documented human history.  The flu in one year kills more than the number who have ever - ever and ever - even contracted ebola.

Further, I suspect that if you're white and living in the US, the survival rate for ebola is somewhere around 100%.

No point in allowing Ebola into the country.. HIV started, in this country, with one man.

I didn't know Ebola is racist.....thanks for the info.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Which are and how many people who contract the flu get these conditions?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

A lot.

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Th?id=HN.607987195571210742&pid=15

That's not really a definitive answer Joani... How about...

Do 70% or more of the people who contract the flu die 'of the flu and/or continuing complications'?

Yes pneumonia is a killer and I realize that and it can be deadly to a older person... Then the question becomes if ebola is left loose in the United States...

How deadly would ebola, with continuing complications, be to a elderly person?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/28/2014, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Th?id=HN.608028989910355238&pid=15

Well hell man then let's just do away with all those thar' quarantines along with the CDC and their warnings and...

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

Smile

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Th?id=HN.608028989910355238&pid=15

Well hell man then let's just do away with any quarantines along with the CDC and any warnings they might want to put out and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPMqM3pPkI

Smile

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Well hell man then let's just do away with any quarantines along with the CDC and any warnings they might want to put out and...

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Smile

Restrict the CDC ....only flu warnings.....nothing else matters.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Well hell man then let's just do away with all those thar' quarantines along with the CDC and their warnings and...

The CDC is against quarantines for ebola. It is only politicians who are going rogue and ignoring the CDC.

Chris Christie slams CDC: ‘We’re right and they’re wrong’

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/chris-christie-slams-cdc-ebola-were-right-theyre-wrong

Lawmakers continued to implement and defend stringent Ebola precautions this week, rejecting U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations and experts who say that mandatory quarantines are medically unnecessary and counterproductive.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie slammed the CDC and experts for opposing his mandatory quarantine, saying it was “because they don’t want to admit that we’re right and they’re wrong.” Speaking on the “Today Show,” he argued that his policy to force anyone returning from Ebola hotspots into a 21 day quarantine was being implemented by a growing number of states and the military. “I don’t think it’s draconian,” he said.

Just a week before the midterm elections, Ebola – and the public’s anxieties about the deadly virus – have gripped the country and the political landscape. Seven states’ governors have implemented strict quarantine policies for health care workers, and sometimes even unexposed travelers, returning from Ebola hotspots. Six of them are up for reelection next week. Christie, the exception, is widely thought to be eyeing a 2016 presidential run.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-NHFCSf5z6vSTO_Z6Z03DiNDoO2_NaUuNbKpkDzoqnAsTDkTd

I like it! Can we do the same thing with the EPA, IRS, DHS, SS, and several other government agencies?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY58uPtAM68

Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-NHFCSf5z6vSTO_Z6Z03DiNDoO2_NaUuNbKpkDzoqnAsTDkTd

I like it! Can we do the same thing with the EPA, IRS, DHS, SS, and several other government agencies?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

You have to run it by Boards first.

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfx2SH30da7cmTMJO9VrrFfwSAD6rJM-RSxEjvhlnbCDN3XbPygg

Hey Boards! Here's an idea. We have Congress spend the next ten years grooming legislation by demanding they throw out about 80-90% of the regulations to make them easier to understand and comply with. While we're at it they can hand out pink slips to about 80-90% of the people that work for those agencies and give everyone that wants to continue working for those agencies a 20-30% pay cut along with a review of their benefits... Screw it! Forget that last part put them all on the military pay scale and if they don't like it they can pack their bags then we'll hand out pink slips until there's only 20-30% of the workers left...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

...Hey! At least I saved you 10% on the final pink slip tally.

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnVpB1rvpSGzl-7J-W5PezhKeA5TcxbvfgqcLQeavYZlPf4JthGw

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ds8tCtomQ

Smile

nadalfan

https://twitter.com/shftedshped/status/524966253065420800

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum