Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

This is the same government that told me anthrax vaccines were not harmful. That I would have no side effects. Like many others I have had pulmonary embolisms once finished with the shot series .Coincidence ?
Not.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You have to consider the incubation period.

2seaoat

How many people in America have died from Ebola?

If Public Health folks feel that a threat is reasonable, they will quarantine. However, the current hysteria has to catch up to the reality. America is not the hot zone. Western Africa is the hot zone and as we apply world assets to contain the virus, there most certainly will remain a slight chance of the virus coming to this nation. I trust the public health folks. I do not trust hysteria, because I saw hysteria in the AIDs crisis and I saw what that did to innocent victims of the disease like Ryan White. Those folks gripped in panic please go home tonight, turn on the night light, get a pacifier, and have somebody sing soft children songs to you until you fall asleep. Eventually, Butchmeup and the other panic peddlers will quit scaring you and reality will catch up to the panic.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:You have to consider the incubation period.

What about it?

Victims are not highly contagious until the late stages of the disease.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And if she was so brave why wasnt she toting an m-4
In Iraq and Astan?

Everyone has their own calling.

I guess hers was caring for innocent people, not killing them.

by Sal Today at 6:34 pm
Joanimaroni wrote:

You have to consider the incubation period.

What about it?

Victims are not highly contagious until the late stages of the disease.
----
Yeah so lets wait lol until they are totally contagious ..... Hell no

Why don't we just go up and lick an Ebola victim then sal???

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Why don't we just go up and lick an Ebola victim then sal???

You're a weird and creepy dude, PeeDawg.

You said it was safe. Now is it or not? Make up your mind scaredy cat!!! Come on, get some cahones!!!! You said it was safe. Oh, wait a minute, you mean it's NOT that safe???

Crawfishing, backpeddler!

Sal wrote:

Logic??

I'm the sole voice of logic in this thread, Gomer.

The rest of y'all are in a blind panic and suggesting measures that would do grave harm.

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608030604808030432&pid=15

Only if you're a zucchini on a planet of zucchinies.

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjiOtouyBOg

Laughing

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:How many people in America have died from Ebola?

If Public Health folks feel that a threat is reasonable, they will quarantine.  However, the current hysteria has to catch up to the reality.   America is not the hot zone.  Western Africa is the hot zone and as we apply world assets to contain the virus, there most certainly will remain a slight chance of the virus coming to this nation.   I trust the public health folks.   I do not trust hysteria, because I saw hysteria in the AIDs crisis and I saw what that did to innocent victims of the disease like Ryan White.   Those folks gripped in panic please go home tonight, turn on the night light, get a pacifier, and have somebody sing soft children songs to you until you fall asleep.   Eventually, Butchmeup and the other panic peddlers will quit scaring you and reality will catch up to the panic.

Your logic is: Someone has to die from it in the U.S. Look at yourself oat, look at what you said. Well Duncan died, but he brought it with him, so how many do you think have to die before anyone does anything, 1, 10,000, 100,000? Just when do you think it's going to be alright to quarantine healthcare worker's for a lousy 21 days when hitting our shore's. If they are not selfish then they should not have a problem with it.

Oh and just when did you and Sal start trusting what our govt try's to feed us?

So many vets have been guinea pigs for the government it is pathetic. The govt is NOT to be trusted

Again, I am a guinea pig for the anthrax vaccine and flu shot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

More people will die from the flu in this year alone than have ever died from ebola...ever...all years combined...going back to the origins of history of our civilization.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:More people will die from the flu in this year alone than have ever died from ebola...ever...all years combined...going back to the origins of history of our civilization.

Ebola has spread in West Africa like the flu does here and look at the results. If Ebola spreads here the same way, due to is contagious nature, it will spread like the flu and LOTS of folks will die just to the mobility of our culture.

boards of FL wrote:More people will die from the flu in this year alone than have ever died from ebola...ever...all years combined...going back to the origins of history of our civilization.

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608001742630422936&pid=15

So in turn you'd rather have that reversed and have no quarantines in effect to protect the population from exposure of a possible plague running rampant and killing more people in a few months or years than were ever killed by the flu.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You are right...no sense in adding Ebola on top of the flu. Proactive measures will prevent the spread.

The death toll from the Ebola epidemic rose to 4,922 out of 10,141 known cases in eight countries through Oct. 23, according to the World Health Organization.

The three worst-hit countries of West Africa -- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone -- account for the bulk of the world's worst Ebola outbreak, recording 4,912 deaths out of 10,114 cases, the WHO said in its update.

But the true toll may be three times as much: by a factor of 1.5 in Guinea, 2 in Sierra Leone and 2.5 in Liberia, while the death rate is thought to be about 70 percent of all cases.

Sal

Sal

Conspiratorial paranoia is easily the stupidest possible way to go about setting public policy around a medical issue, but by gawd, that seems to be exactly the direction terrified wingnutz, spoon-fed a steady diet of hysterical cable news stories, are demanding we go.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:Conspiratorial paranoia is easily the stupidest possible way to go about setting public policy around a medical issue, but by gawd, that seems to be exactly the direction terrified wingnutz, spoon-fed a steady diet of hysterical cable news stories, are demanding we go.

CDC paranoia?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:

So in turn you'd rather have that reversed and have no quarantines in effect to protect the population from exposure of a possible plague running rampant and killing more people in a few months or years than were ever killed by the flu.

No. I'm showing you that your fear is misplaced and your suggested policy is flat out idiotic.

In one year, the flu will kill more human beings than ebola has ever killed...all time...ever. Why aren't you calling for a quarantine of everyone with the flu or of everyone who has potentially been exposed to the flu?

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

No.  I'm showing you that your fear is misplaced and your suggested policy is flat out idiotic.  

In one year, the flu will kill more human beings than ebola has ever killed...all time...ever.   Why aren't you calling for a quarantine of everyone with the flu or of everyone who has potentially been exposed to the flu?  

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608043459652487670&pid=15

Um.m..m... Because the flu doesn't have a estimated 70% kill rate like ebola and the latters kill rate is only that low with drastic measures like blood infusions. So if a nurse or doctor choose to go into a contaminated area and then has to spend a month in quarantine I really don't care. It was their choice to go.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

No.  I'm showing you that your fear is misplaced and your suggested policy is flat out idiotic.  

In one year, the flu will kill more human beings than ebola has ever killed...all time...ever.   Why aren't you calling for a quarantine of everyone with the flu or of everyone who has potentially been exposed to the flu?  

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608043459652487670&pid=15

Um.m..m... Because the flu doesn't have a estimated 70% kill rate like ebola and the latters kill rate is only that low with drastic measures like blood infusions. So if a nurse or doctor choose to go into a contaminated area and then has to spend a month in quarantine I really don't care. It was their choice to go.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Flu deaths have a high percentage of secondary conditions that cause death.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.607987195571210742&pid=15

Which are and how many people who contract the flu get these conditions?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sal

Sal

WE'RE ASCAIRD AND NEED MOR GUBAMENT INTERVENTION
VOTE GOP 2014

Funny from the guy who thinks government is the answer to everything

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Ebola quarantines the right thing to do - Page 2 Th?id=HN.607987195571210742&pid=15

Which are and how many people who contract the flu get these conditions?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

A lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum