Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Economic impact of corn ethanol[edit]

The use of ethanol for fuel has had a damaging impact on food markets, especially in poorer countries. In the United States, ethanol is mostly made from yellow corn, and as the market boomed for alternative fuel, yellow corn went up in price.
Many farmers saw the potential to make more money, and switched from white corn to yellow corn. White corn is the main ingredient of tortillas in Mexico, and as the supply dropped, the price doubled, making the base of most Mexican foods unaffordable.[20] Many people[who?] see this as unacceptable, and want no overlap between food crops and fuel crops.[21][22] Others[who?] point out that the earth is thought to be able to support double the current human population, and press that the resources available, such as unused farmable land, should be better handled.[23]

The Renewable Fuels Association (RFA), the ethanol industry's lobby group, claims that ethanol production does increase the price of corn by increasing demand. RFA claims that ethanol production has positive economic effect for US farmers, but it does not elaborate on the effect for other populations where field corn is part of the staple diet. An RFA lobby document states that "In a January 2007 statement, the USDA Chief Economist stated that farm program payments were expected to be reduced by some $6 billion due to the higher value of a bushel of corn.[24]

Corn production in 2009 reached over 13.2 billion bushels, and a per acre yield jumped to over 165 bushels per acre.[25]

On March 9, 2011, senator Dianne Feinstein from California introduced a bill that repealed the corn subsidies in the U.S. She is quoted, telling Congress "Ethanol is the only industry that benefits from a triple crown of government intervention: its use is mandated by law, it is protected by tariffs, and companies are paid by the federal government to use it. It's time we end this practice once and for all".[26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_ethanol

2seaoat

You are a certified idiot now. Please tell me the percentage of yellow corn to white corn? You cannot make this stuff up. Do you have any idea how idiotic this conversation is........Iowa and Illinois produce most of the worlds corn, and it is almost 100% yellow corn and has been long before any ethanol subsidy was passed by congress. I have traveled over a thousand farms and NEVER have I seen white corn being produced in Iowa and Illinois. You have me really concerned. Some farms will grow commercial popcorn which is white. Some will grow hybrids of white sweet corn in small amounts for the libby canning factory in Rochelle and Mendota, but those percentages have remained the same before and after the ethanol subsidy. Do you understand how small the percentage of white corn is in production? Please instead of cutting and pasting from Wiki go to the US Ag stats.......you have lost your fricking mind.

2seaoat

I think even Eagle who would love to laugh at me if I was wrong is scratching his head......white corn in Iowa......WTF

2seaoat

Oh, and having lived in Mexico and having watched tortillas being ground and made from scratch......guess what the color of the corn was?

55Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 Empty Iowa corn uses 10/27/2014, 2:46 am

Markle

Markle

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 IowaCornProduction_zps05cd59a0

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:You are a certified idiot now.  Please tell me the percentage of yellow corn to white corn?   You cannot make this stuff up.  Do you have any idea how idiotic this conversation is........Iowa and Illinois produce most of the worlds corn, and it is almost 100% yellow corn and has been long before any ethanol subsidy was passed by congress.   I have traveled over a thousand farms and NEVER have I seen white corn being produced in Iowa and Illinois.  You have me really concerned.   Some farms will grow commercial popcorn which is white.  Some will grow hybrids of white sweet corn in small amounts for the libby canning factory in Rochelle and Mendota, but those percentages have remained the same before and after the ethanol subsidy.  Do you understand how small the percentage of white corn is in production?   Please instead of cutting and pasting from Wiki go to the US Ag stats.......you have lost your fricking mind.

Markle truly is certifiable. That point about federal lands being held off for petroleum leasing vs. private lands was a wingnut talking point from about two or more years ago that never got much traction when it was first brought up--because it was bogus from the git-go. Yet, poster Markle keeps bringing it up as if it has relevance.

Those "federal lands" Markle is talking about includes places like the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and other ecologically-sensitive areas that no Republican or Democrat politician would currently risk clamoring to allow drilling within. I know poster Markle thinks drilling should be allowed in ANWR, but which energy companies are currently looking to do that? Why should they go there when there are over 100 billion bbls of light-sweet-crude readily available in the shale formations down in the lower 48? There are no railroads, roads or pipelines in the ANWR to use to get the product to market, like there are in the lower 48--why would energy companies expend the cost for all of that infrastructure when they don't need this to access all of the shale oil currently being drilled for south of there? In short, holes can be blown everywhere in Markle's "federal lands vs. private lands" argument, but that will not keep him from continuing to push that lunatic former wingnut talking point
. Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Now he post a pie chart which shows that a large proportion of corn production is going into ethanol, which is common knowledge to anybody who does not have an IQ south of 80. Does ethanol production cause the price of corn to go up.....sure does. However, the question is what is causing the recent beef increased cost, and a farmer who raises the corn and feeds the corn to his cattle can still make a nifty profit and the price of corn has been high for four years. It is when those beef producers who predominately rely on grass fed diets in their cattle are forced to pay higher feed prices because of drought that you have the recent rise in beef prices. Today I drove by recently harvested corn with the fields full of cattle working on the silage. Those farms were within the zone of the Rochelle refinery, yet with the beef prices so high many farmers are raising beef because they will not be undercut by the grass fed competition. However, one thing is for certain.....politics has little to do with the grain markets, other than the farm lobby and AG special interests selling the people on the ethanol subsidy. It is making midwest grain farmers wealthy, all the while they are collecting their subsidy checks while families lose 12 bucks a month on stamps.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:But then again we have that other thread pointing out how obama raised the price of beef.
Why would he lower the price of gas and at the time increase the price of beef?
Why not just drop the price on both because that would ensure that democrats get elected.

Because he is giving massive, unnecessary, subsidies to produce more corn for alcohol production.  The fact that alcohol mixed with gasoline actually uses more fossil fuels and does nothing but worsen gas mileage is irrelevant, unimportant and immaterial.

Were it up to our semi-retired President, gas prices would probably be double by now.

So what he really wants to do is increase the price of everything so none of us can afford to eat or drive anymore.
But I just don't understand how that will get him votes. Is that what the electorate wants? To go hungry and not be able to drive anywhere?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:But then again we have that other thread pointing out how obama raised the price of beef.
Why would he lower the price of gas and at the time increase the price of beef?
Why not just drop the price on both because that would ensure that democrats get elected.

Because he is giving massive, unnecessary, subsidies to produce more corn for alcohol production.  The fact that alcohol mixed with gasoline actually uses more fossil fuels and does nothing but worsen gas mileage is irrelevant, unimportant and immaterial.

Were it up to our semi-retired President, gas prices would probably be double by now.

So what he really wants to do is increase the price of everything so none of us can afford to eat or drive anymore.  

But I just don't understand how that will get him votes.  Is that what the electorate wants?  To go hungry and not be able to drive anywhere?

You're working under the false assumption that semi-retired President Obama doesn't want to overload the welfare and other systems of our government. You really need to read up more on his and the Clinton's base philosophy called the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 ClowardPiven

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote: You really need to read up more on his and the Clinton's base philosophy called the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 ClowardPiven

What is the evidence the Clintons have this as their "base philosophy"? What did Bill do as President or Hillary do as Senator/Sec of State to reflect this "base philosophy"?

I think it's true... but the people markle supports have the same results as the people he opposes. Results matter.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Oh gosh.... Now poster Markle is fearmongering about the "Cloward-Piven Strategy" again.Cloward and Piven are two low-profile and hardly-known academics, both demonized and made famous by the wingnuts of the early 21st Century. Old Cloward 's bones must be rattling in his grave and Piven must be laughing her ass off at people like Markle.

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 Lmao10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Oh gosh.... Now poster Markle is fearmongering about the "Cloward-Piven Strategy" again.Cloward and Piven are two low-profile and hardly-known academics, both demonized and made famous by the wingnuts of the early 21st Century. Old Cloward 's bones must be rattling in his grave and Piven must be laughing her ass off at people like Markle.

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 3 Lmao10

Seems to be the strategy taken by your massa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum