Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

So you post a 9 month old article, and think a grocery store chain saying there are less cattle being slaughtered. Duh Is the price of corn a significant factor in that decline.....well that depends. The reduction is mostly based on loss of affordable grass as a less expensive alternative to corn. Also, place value has changed how farmers who historically raised cattle not are near enough to a refinery to get high prices for their corn and low transportation costs which make the labor intensive cattle operations much less profitable than simple direct grain sales to those refineries at much higher prices.

If there was an abundance of grass, despite the price of corn, there would have been a significant increase in beef supplies. The droughts and lack of cheaper alternatives for farmers to raise beef have constricted the market, but also that beef demand is definitely in the world market as developing countries are getting more of American Agriculture products which demand drives prices as well as supply.

2seaoat

Now your oil and gas logic is funny. We have record product coming to the market. The President early on his administration implemented the use it or lose it philosophy of leases on federal land. This assures America will be paid fairly for our resources, and a speculator cannot sit on a low lease bid twenty years ago, and then profit unfairly beyond what a current lease would demand in pricing. So when you point to the success of the use it or lose it policy, and ignore the total production.....it is comical. I think you need to listen to Boards a little more and try to understand economic principles because this propaganda is funny.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:So you post a 9 month old article, and think a grocery store chain saying there are less cattle being slaughtered.  Duh  Is the price of corn a significant factor in that decline.....well that depends.  The reduction is mostly based on loss of affordable grass as a less expensive alternative to corn.  Also, place value has changed how farmers who historically raised cattle not are near enough to a refinery to get high prices for their corn and low transportation costs which make the labor intensive cattle operations much less profitable than simple direct grain sales to those refineries at much higher prices.

If there was an abundance of grass, despite the price of corn, there would have been a significant increase in beef supplies.   The droughts and lack of cheaper alternatives for farmers to raise beef have constricted the market, but also that beef demand is definitely in the world market as developing countries are getting more of American Agriculture products which demand drives prices as well as supply.

Yep, just like his 3 year old cut-and-paste about federal drilling permits..... He's desperate for new material....

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Ha_ha_17

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Why are you ignoring the other FACTS I posted which emphasize what I posted?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Why are you ignoring the other FACTS I posted which emphasize what I posted?

Because they are irrelevant, in the big scheme of things, besides being outdated. Please note what Socrates says about it:

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Know_n13

2seaoat

Why are you ignoring the other FACTS I posted which emphasize what I posted?

Nobody ignored your facts. You think the beef price increases are Obama's fault and are solely based on corn prices. That is idiotic. I have friends who have raised cattle for thirty years and high price in which gets you high price out still makes them a great profit and they will push cattle. However, if an Illinois farmer is competing with a texas cattle operation with abundant cheap grass the market will be flooded and the corn fed to that Illinois cattle will show a lower return than direct sales of that farmer's grain. You also completely ignore the higher world market demand for beef. Demand impacts pricing just like supply. Your analysis and blame is sophomoric.

Your oil and gas stats are irrelevant. The American people own those assets which are not being extracted. What idiot sells their house at the bottom of a market........oh on your advice. Listen, Fred.......I am an experienced real estate professional and I know you have no reason to sell your house, but this is the best opportunity for you to list your home and get the lowest sale price and return on your investment. Fred, I am also going to advice country to give away leases on our assets so that we can get the lowest return on our assets. I am a smart man which people should respect the facts I show them.

America's balance of payments has finally been going our way because of the great success of American agriculture exports, oil and gas exports, and conservation in our own use of oil and gas. You however are the football announcer as Jay Cutler threw a touchdown pass to win the game......what fact do you point to when this happens.......the Long kid did not really block very hard.........idiocy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm confused about one thing. Obama is a muslim. The muslim oil producing countries (especially Saudi Arabia) are hurting because Obama lowered the price of oil and gasoline.
So my question is why did Obama want to hurt his fellow muslims? I don't get it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I'm confused about one thing.  Obama is a muslim.  The muslim oil producing countries (especially Saudi Arabia) are hurting because Obama lowered the price of oil and gasoline.  
So my question is why did Obama want to hurt his fellow muslims?  I don't get it.

It was because of the elections.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....Your analysis and blame is sophomoric...

Most of poster Markle's observations tend to be sophomoric in general..... I think he is reminded of this frequently by other posters.

2seaoat

Bob was being sarcastic, but you were serious. You think the world market for oil can be manipulated by a President of the United States.

2seaoat wrote:It was because of the elections.

Bob was being sarcastic, but you were serious.  You think the world market for oil can be manipulated by a President of the United States.  

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608010250960437686&pid=15

Reagan did when he invested US tax dollars into synthetic oil research and the oil prices overseas plummeted.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:It was because of the elections.

Bob was being sarcastic, but you were serious.  You think the world market for oil can be manipulated by a President of the United States.  

Never in doubt are you, Seaoat?

2seaoat

Reagan did when he invested US tax dollars into synthetic oil research and the oil prices overseas plummeted.

nonsense.

Never in doubt are you, Seaoat?

Usually not, unless I am talking about the Bears or White Sox.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm confused about one thing.  Obama is a muslim.  The muslim oil producing countries (especially Saudi Arabia) are hurting because Obama lowered the price of oil and gasoline.  
So my question is why did Obama want to hurt his fellow muslims?  I don't get it.

Strange how that happens every two years!

Markle

Markle

I do love how little ol' me can push the far left Progressives to utter frustration. Faced with FACTS...they can only whine! How I do love them and their little antics!

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Whiningcartoon

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:I do love how little ol' me can push the far left Progressives to utter frustration.  Faced with FACTS...they can only whine!  How I do love them and their little antics!

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Whiningcartoon

Whining about your "facts"? Why is it when you post your "facts," the baloney meter pegs to the right?

Price of ground beef 91% higher since Obama became POtTUS - Page 2 Balone16

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Strange how that happens every two years!

So somebody dropped the price of oil as an election ploy?  To demonstrate what exactly?
As a voter do I then say to myself "if I vote for democrats they'll keep the price of oil down"?
Is that how it works?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But then again we have that other thread pointing out how obama raised the price of beef.
Why would he lower the price of gas and at the time increase the price of beef?
Why not just drop the price on both because that would ensure that democrats get elected.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:But then again we have that other thread pointing out how obama raised the price of beef.
Why would he lower the price of gas and at the time increase the price of beef?
Why not just drop the price on both because that would ensure that democrats get elected.

Because he is giving massive, unnecessary, subsidies to produce more corn for alcohol production. The fact that alcohol mixed with gasoline actually uses more fossil fuels and does nothing but worsen gas mileage is irrelevant, unimportant and immaterial.

Were it up to our semi-retired President, gas prices would probably be double by now.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:I do love how little ol' me can push the far left Progressives to utter frustration.  Faced with FACTS...they can only whine!  How I do love them and their little antics!

Whining about your "facts"? Why is it when you post your "facts," the baloney meter pegs to the right?

PLEASE share with us all what FACTS I presented you don't consider worthy of your consideration. PLEASE, don't be shy now. Or, have you nothing to say?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

PLEASE share with us all what FACTS I presented you don't consider worthy of your consideration.  PLEASE, don't be shy now.  Or, have you nothing to say?

You could not state the relevance of the petroleum "facts" you presented if you wanted to. It must suck to be debunked day in and day out here, huh?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

PLEASE share with us all what FACTS I presented you don't consider worthy of your consideration.  PLEASE, don't be shy now.  Or, have you nothing to say?

You could not state the relevance of the petroleum "facts" you presented if you wanted to. It must suck to be debunked day in and day out here, huh?

As you know, it hasn't happened yet but you keep promising and producing...nothing but talk.

Markle

Markle

My Progressive friends don't seem capable, or wish, to connect the dots. They need things spelled out and still they ignore them unless...they FEEL GOOD.

More acreage is being allocated to raising corn suitable for conversion to alcohol. Therefore, there is less acreage available for raising corn used for feed stock. You do know there are different types...do you not?

2seaoat

More acreage is being allocated to raising corn suitable for conversion to alcohol. Therefore, there is less acreage available for raising corn used for feed stock. You do know there are different types...do you not?

There are hundreds of hybid seed corn which farmers choose for their field and growing season. Every single one can be refined and processed into fuel, or used in a feed lot. You better stick to subjects you understand. When an Illinois farmer sells his corn to a refinery or trucks it to Ottawa to the barges it is ALL mixed together. All of those hundreds of hybrid corns......you are truly in need of a visit to the doctor. Do you think the local co op with a million bushels tries to segregate its storage by hybrid mix? What utter and complete idiocy.

2seaoat

Oh and to just help you a bit.....I have bought seed corn and selected what worked for my situation. If you have low land, you pick what works best for your land with a wet spring. If you have high ground, you pick a drought resistant hybrid, but this absurd idea that farmers plant feed or alcohol corn is insane. A bomber full of harvested corn pulls up to the co op and has his load tested for moisture, and then it is dumped into storage, and the next truck across the road with a different hybrid for his soil and growing season dumps his load. I have farmers around me who sell directly to the refinery in Rochelle Illinois......where they refine corn to alcohol at the intersection of interstate 88 and 39 right behind the two new Japanese plants which are producing passenger rail cars for America. You need to get a life or start reading because you are not making sense anymore. They sell half of their crop for alcohol and half goes to Ottawa where it can become many things.....including feed stock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum