Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Fact-checking Paul Ryan

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fact-checking Paul Ryan - Page 2 Empty Re: Fact-checking Paul Ryan on 8/31/2012, 12:16 am

Markle

Markle
reaper1948 wrote:Nope Obama didn't promise to keep the plant open and it was announced under Bush and Ryan voted for stimulus for GM.

Also: For Neko

http://rougeaffairs.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/protecting-internet-freedom-vs-making-the-internet-family-friendly/


“As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America”

Obama comments Janesville GM Plant from the AP October 11, 2008

27Fact-checking Paul Ryan - Page 2 Empty Re: Fact-checking Paul Ryan on 8/31/2012, 12:51 am

2seaoat


really.....Mr. Markle..........you are going to rationalize the lies with those quotes and logic. I can see you now.......well those water marks in the living room are the prior owners artistic expression, and the foundation which is sinking is really just slightly adjusting and the two inch gap in the wall provides better ventilation. Ryan lied. You can call it whatever you like, but lies of omission are no better than any other kind of lie, and the man sabotaged what could have been a start with Simpson Boles because he had political ambition which put his own political career ahead of America's need for real reductions in spending. Ryan is a liar and a self serving political opportunist which has the weasle from Virginia salivating that he could not out weasle Ryan and get his shot at VP. Nope, Simpson Boles did not have to hit a grand slam.....we simply needed a starting point, but this POS traded his ambition for America's future.....People are not stupid.

28Fact-checking Paul Ryan - Page 2 Empty Re: Fact-checking Paul Ryan on 8/31/2012, 1:27 am

Markle

Markle
2seaoat wrote:really.....Mr. Markle..........you are going to rationalize the lies with those quotes and logic. I can see you now.......well those water marks in the living room are the prior owners artistic expression, and the foundation which is sinking is really just slightly adjusting and the two inch gap in the wall provides better ventilation. Ryan lied. You can call it whatever you like, but lies of omission are no better than any other kind of lie, and the man sabotaged what could have been a start with Simpson Boles because he had political ambition which put his own political career ahead of America's need for real reductions in spending. Ryan is a liar and a self serving political opportunist which has the weasle from Virginia salivating that he could not out weasle Ryan and get his shot at VP. Nope, Simpson Boles did not have to hit a grand slam.....we simply needed a starting point, but this POS traded his ambition for America's future.....People are not stupid

How can you say that? More than half voted for Senator Obama in 2008.

29Fact-checking Paul Ryan - Page 2 Empty Re: Fact-checking Paul Ryan on 8/31/2012, 9:27 am

boards of FL

boards of FL
Markle wrote:1. President Barack Hussein Obama did create the Simpson-Bowles commission to come up with financial solutions to our crippling problems. To pass the commission needed a super majority. It received only 11 of the 14 votes necessary to pass. There were 18 members on the commission. Ryan voted against it because it did not go far enough is solving our financial disaster. Regardless, Obama ignored the recommendations and continued pushing us deeper into debt.

Re-read your post a few more times until you grasp what it is that you are saying here. I'll reword it for you so that it is easier to swallow: "Ryan voted against the plan, thus preventing it from being sent to congress for a vote."

Markle wrote:2. As for the plant where Senator Obama spoke in 2008 and promised that the plant would be there for another 100 years. Another factcheck had this to say about the Ryan statement: However, nothing Ryan said in his speech about the plant was factually untrue.

Except Obama never promised the plant would not close, so go ahead and stand corrected on that one. Also, Ryan, in a round-a-about way, was trying to imply that some sort of failure on Obama's part is responsible for that plant closing. That is of course completely wrong, as the closing of the plant was announced in June 2008.

I think this may need repeating for you. The closing of the plant was announced in June 2008. The closing of the plant was announced in June 2008. The closing of the plant was announced in June 2008. The closing of the plant was announced in June 2008.

Is it not disingenuous - at best - to imply that the president is responsible for something that was decided on and set in motion in June of 2008?

Markle wrote:3. As for Medicare. Nothing factually not true about ObamaCare taking $617 BILLION out of a system already going broke and using it to finance ObamaCare.

You're not responding to the article here, nor do you appear to be speaking in English. Ryan called out Obama's "cuts" to medicare - cuts that are also included in the Ryan Plan. Have you anything to say about that?


_________________
I approve this message.

30Fact-checking Paul Ryan - Page 2 Empty Re: Fact-checking Paul Ryan on 8/31/2012, 10:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
The reason Obama didn't get behind Simpson-Bowles is the same reason a huge bipartisan majority opposed it 382-38 when it came to a vote in the house. Only 22 Democrats and 16 Republicans supported it.
They were scared shitless to do anything to social security and Medicare like they always are because the voters will always be told that doing any changes to social security and medicare will be "throwing grandma under the bus" and if they support "throwing grandma under a bus" they can't get re-elected.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum