Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oprah shows her shock when a guest prefers to be called an AMERICAN rather than AFRICAN AMERICAN!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

2seaoat

Bob is so afraid of being afraid.....he has lost his mind. He called Sal and Seaoat liars. Bob you are a Scardy Cat. Own it, and deal with it. Brown people will not hurt you. Muslims will not behead you. Folks at Motel 6 are not going to hurt you. It is a political movement of scardy cats and there is no sitting on the fence when you are afraid, because when brave Americans get rendered to Butchmeup telling us we are ALL going to die from ISIS, at some point it becomes a sad joke.

An apology for calling us liars would be appropriate, but that would take courage. There is no Wizard of Oz who will bestow courage on you.......you will need to deal with what scares you about Mexican kids and Muslims all by your lonesome.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let me give some more background to this whole thing.
My uncle was a huge man. 6'3 and about 250 lbs of muscle.
He was probably the last man on earth who needed to put dressers
in front of doors. He was known throughout the NC Highway Patrol
as someone who had no fear of going up against hoodlums. And
that's hoodlums plural. Usually all he had to do was face them down.
But when they did want to get violent that's when he was really in his element.
He used to take my cousin (who lived near him) in the patrol car. My cousin
was with him one time when Uncle Ernie confronted a whole group of thugs.
When one started to resist him, he literally picked him up and threw him into
the backseat of the patrol car. The whole thing scared the shit out of my cousin.

Uncle Ernie was also the gentlest and funniest person I have ever known.
If I have any ability at humor it comes from him. He told the story about
putting the dresser in front of the Atlanta Motel 6 door but we all knew it was self-deprecating sarcasm. He had no fear.
I miss him very much. He was as much a role model to me as my father (his brother) was.

2seaoat

That was a sarcastic response to Seaoat's repeatedly accusing me of putting dressers in front of motel room doors.

Geez.....are you serious. Before you posted this shocking scardy cat chit, I had NEVER heard of somebody putting a dresser in front of a motel door. I do not know anybody who is that afraid. Getting old is not for sissies, but being scared all the time is crazy. Are you really going to still deny that you have put dressers in front of motel doors? A choice between courageous truth or more self delusion. Own it. You are scared and when you are scared you support political policies which hurt America.

Sal

Sal

Geez, Bob.

You seriously need to get a dementia check.

You can very easily do a google search of this entire forum for any term.

Here's what happens when you search for the term, "dresser" ...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_oq=dresser&as_sitesearch=pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com&gws_rd=ssl#q=dresser+site:pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com&hl=en&filter=0

As you can see, every single post regarding barricading a door with a dresser comes after your post about the Motel 6.

And, none of them include "Uncle Ernie".

lmao

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Are you really going to still deny that you have put dressers in front of motel doors?    

I have never put a dresser in front of any door, motel or otherwise.
Have you never stayed in a motel room, seaoat? Motel room doors have
latches on them which are secured from the inside. Those latches prevent
anyone from opening the door from the outside. There's no need to put anything in front of a motel room door.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Geez, Bob.

You seriously need to get a dementia check.

You can very easily do a google search of this entire forum for any term.

Here's what happens when you search for the term, "dresser" ...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_oq=dresser&as_sitesearch=pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com&gws_rd=ssl#q=dresser+site:pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com&hl=en&filter=0

As you can see, every single post regarding barricading a door with a dresser comes after your post about the Motel 6.

And, none of them include "Uncle Ernie".

lmao

I first posted the story about my Uncle putting the door in front of the motel room years ago, Sal. In fact it was probably on the PNJ forum before we all moved to the PDF forum. Anything I've posted since is just a reference to that. Including the sarcastic post you found.
I assumed that was what seaoat was referring to.

2seaoat

LOL it's Bob's turn in seaoats barrel.

When mass hysteria has people chasing down YMCA buses because they fear that the bus has immigrant children, it does matter that people speak up against fear and prejudice. When my friend has people come into his gas station and is insulted because of his religion because hate mongers think all Muslims are going to kill them, somebody has to have the courage to stand up to mass hysteria. When a country is being urged to send our children to war out of pure fear, somebody has to speak up about the insanity.

Fear has consequences. People get hurt. My barrel is nothing to be afraid of because the truth can free a person. Hate and prejudice can only chain a person to the untenable. When a Macs was seeking rezoning, people stood up and attacked my friend's gas station as being furenurs and muslims.....this was done in a packed room of haters, and I stood and destroyed the cowards because they cannot participate in a fair fight....they are like roaches scattering when the light is turned on. Well the coward scardy cats who attack folks because of their religion, ethnicity, or race have no place in a brave America. They need to crawl back under the rocks, and shiver about Muslims and Hispanics.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here we go with the racism stuff again. I have never encountered anyone more obsessed with racism than you, seaoat. Anybody who disagrees with you about anything is automatically a racist. You even give Al Sharpton a run for his money. lol

2seaoat

In fairness to Bob, I do remember him talking about his Uncle Ernie because it reminded me of the Who song. He is telling the truth about talking about his Uncle Ernie on the PNJ. However, I had a photographic memory, and I certainly do not have the same now, but the first time I ever heard about somebody putting a dresser in front of a door in a motel was on this forum. I honestly had never heard that discussion on the PNJ......never. Bob, if you really insist on sticking to this STORY, I have raised my children and grandchildren, and they have told similar stories when caught......so whatever makes your boat float. Still no apology for calling people liars.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When you see racism behind every tree, seaoat, you become like the boy who cried wolf.
It's no different than Sean Hannity seeing communism behind every tree.
You both lose credibility and anyone listening to you is thinking "that's just seaoat whining about racism again" or "that's just Hannity whining about communism again"
The irony of it is that when there is REAL racism or REAL communism, no one will believe you.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Aha,  so "it wasn't that long ago".  Well in that case there's an easy way to settle this.  That thread and post can easily be found.  So I tell you what, Sal,  if you or seaoat or anyone else can find any post which has me saying I put a dresser in front of a door,  I'll post and say Obama is the best president in history and can do no wrong,  muslims are all the salt of the earth and muslimism is definitely the religion of peace,  Allah is the cat's pajammies,  you and seaoat are the smartest men I've ever encountered,  debt is a wonderful thing and the way to make this country great again is to triple the national debt,  and last but not last,  I am afraid of my shadow.  And I'll even throw in that I'm a lowlife liar and have lied about obama and the muslims and you and seaoat.

But here's what you're remembering,  Sal.  In a recent thread,  you chastised me for putting dressers in front of doors because seaoat has posted to say I did that many times.  And I replied to you then to point out that seaoat got it wrong and I was talking about my Uncle Ernie.
But you go ahead and get the goods on me so you can make me take back every opinion I've ever expressed.  lol

It's always a little sad to find a person who doesn't own an ounce of integrity.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:In fairness to Bob, I do remember him talking about his Uncle Ernie because it reminded me of the Who song.  He is telling the truth about talking about his Uncle Ernie on the PNJ.   However, I had a photographic memory, and I certainly do not have the same now, but the first time I ever heard about somebody putting a dresser in front of a door in a motel was on this forum.  I honestly had never heard that discussion on the PNJ......never.    Bob, if you really insist on sticking to this STORY, I have raised my children and grandchildren, and they have told similar stories when caught......so whatever makes your boat float.  Still no apology for calling people liars.

The only thing I'm guilty of is thinking my sarcasm will always be taken as what it is meant to be.  Sometimes it's taken literally and when that happens I've failed.
That does pose a problem and this has made me realize that. From now on I'll do my best to keep the sarcasm totally within context so it's not misunderstood.

2seaoat

Bob.......really? You were bitching about children being put up in safe housing as being too expensive, and that you stayed at cheap places where you had to put a dresser on the door so you felt safe.

I am calling out fear and racism because it hurts everybody. Your point was that these kids were being treated too good. There was no point being made about fear, it was about these children not being worthy of housing which cost more than you paid. There was zero sarcasm in that post about your fear and that dresser being put on the door. You just told an outright untruth that you posted this dresser reference in reaction to me. Please read the original thread. There is a simple way out of this.......tell the truth.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

I am calling out fear and racism

I woulda never guessed. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I know what. Let's do something we've never done here before and actually talk about the thread topic. lol

This is a sincere question for you, seaoat. What is it that's objectionable to you about what that young woman said in the video when she says she wants to be referred to as an "American" rather than an "African American"?

2seaoat

You know what is funny. I decided to just let it drop because I figured I was being too tough on you. Another poster found exactly what I had said was true. I was willing to walk away from being called a liar because I was worried about you getting up tight when I talk about fear. Now in your consistent use of balance theory to justify being caught......I become the bad guy. People have been looking to beat me up for years. It is the ultimate compliment. The truth matters. A nation of scardy cats with leaders like Butchmeup need to be called out and the mass hysteria has to stop.

By the way.....you never answered my question about the security locks on your front and back door......just curious.......no.......just being a dick.

2seaoat

I know what. Let's do something we've never done here before and actually talk about the thread topic. lol

This is a sincere question for you, seaoat. What is it that's objectionable to you about what that young woman said in the video when she says she wants to be referred to as an "American" rather than an "African American"?

I think her self perception is refreshing. However, we all want to be part of the larger group. It is a natural aspiration. I am sure that a black man at a traffic stop wants to be an American. I am not an Oprah fan, but her cynicism was ground in reality. The young lady will not be described in the line as the lady with the dark hair......she will be described as the black lady or african american lady........and just like President Obama is a white man, we know in America he is a black man. So for you to infer that I object to what she said, quite the contrary, I wish what she said could be true, but like Oprah, I do not live in unicorn land. We have a long way to go before race is not relevant, and I am encouraged that young people are much less racist than my generation, and I thank President Obama for being a role model for young children who see a black man as a father figure of this nation. Good things are coming and someday race will be a tertiary concern.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: 

By the way.....you never answered my question about the security locks on your front and back door......just curious.......no.......just being a dick.

I didn't notice the question and I really don't want to go back reading through all this again. But if the question is what do I have for locks on my doors, I have deadbolt locks on all three doors. I know it makes me a scaredy cat and a racist to ask this, but what is the point of your question? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh I forgot. When I just wrote "I know it makes me a scaredy cat and a racist", I should make clear that was sarcasm. From now on I'll start labeling all the sarcasm so it's not misunderstand. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, do you have locks on your doors, seaoat? Because wouldn't that make you a scaredy cat and a racist too? Or does that only apply to others? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's okay to admit you lock your doors,  seaoat.  Just say it's because you're afraid of white racist republican burglars breaking in.  lol

2seaoat

I have a keypad with all four numbers worn off.....a person wanting to come in my front door would take about two tries at the code and enter my house. I have nothing in the house which has much value other than my wife's art. To me it is just stuff. Do you have a locking steel storm door? You probably have valuables in your home......I could live in another home next week and leave my stuff.......since we downsized, there are few material things which mean that much to me. It used to be my golf clubs.....but I really do not golf much anymore........I have some albums with photos which are important and we have not converted to digital......but really.....it is just stuff. Nobody wants to mess with me in town because I am the guy who took on rambo and everybody thinks I am a mob hit man......too funny as I limp around.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  Do you have a locking steel storm door?  

I have locking steel burglar doors on all three doors. That keeps the racist republicans out. But I keep my golf clubs on the carport hoping the racist republicans will steal them because I never seem to have room in the city garbage can for them.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I know what.  Let's do something we've never done here before and actually talk about the thread topic.  lol

OK, but let's do a little timeline first.

1)  You said you'd never said something

2)  I said, "yes you did"

3)  You said, "You're a liar!  Prove it!!" and if you do I'll apologize and do this, that, and the other

4)  I proved it

5)  You said, "that was just sarcasm in response to SO's repeated accusations"

6)  I pointed out that before you made your statement, no one had ever made that accusation since we all started trading barbs on this little forum in June of 2012 - not even once

7)  You said, "let's change the subject"

lmao

That's quite a display of something, Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I know what.  Let's do something we've never done here before and actually talk about the thread topic.  lol

OK, but let's do a little timeline first.

1)  You said you'd never said something

2)  I said, "yes you did"

3)  You said, "You're a liar!  Prove it!!" and if you do I'll apologize and do this, that, and the other

4)  I proved it

5)  You said, "that was just sarcasm in response to SO's repeated accusations"

6)  I pointed out that before you made your statement, no one had ever made that accusation since we all started trading barbs on this little forum in June of 2012 - not even once

7)  You said, "let's change the subject"

lmao

That's quite a display of something, Bob.

In a thread not long ago, you made a remark about me putting a dresser in front of a door.
I replied to that by pointing out to you that you said that only because seaoat keeps repeating it and told you specifically that seaoat got it wrong because I had once made a post about my uncle putting a dresser in front of the door of his room at a Motel 6 in Atlanta.

I assumed that's what you were remembering. But apparently I assumed wrong. I now realize you were referring to a sarcastic post I made where I said I was going to put a dresser in front of a door on my recent trip to Texas.
I'm old and my memory is not good and I had completely forgotten about making that sarcastic post.

So yes I was wrong about that. Obviously you thought I was serious and thought I put dressers in front of motel room doors, BASED ON A SARCASTIC POST I DID MAKE BUT HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT.
So I was wrong and I apologize for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum