Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama Gets Permission from Iran to Bomb Syria

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Iran was notified before strikes

The Iranian government was given advanced warning of the U.S. strikes in Syria, senior administration officials told CNN.

There was no coordination, but Tehran was told airstrikes were imminent, according to a separate senior administration official who spoke to Elise Labott. The message was passed by a top U.S. official who has also met with Iran’s government in recent days, the official said. Although the source would not specify who passed along the message, public records show U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, UnderSecretary Wendy Sherman and Deputy Secretary Bill Burns were all in meetings in the last week with Iranian diplomats.

Sal

Sal

Oh, STFU.

Do you have no appreciation of the complexity he's dealin with over there?

I'm sure he's scared to death... that's no excuse. Where's that bridge the gap crapola? You go ahead and give him a pass.

That doesn't surprise me.

Unreal.

He ask iran, but not congress?

This is bizarre.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We knew about it from the media a month ago.

Joanimaroni wrote:We knew about it from the media a month ago.

I must have missed that.

Its still bizarre.

Why would he do that?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy* wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:We knew about it from the media a month ago.

I must have missed that.

Its still bizarre.

Why would he do that?
No clue.....classified information needs to remain clssified.

knothead

knothead

Chrissy* wrote:Unreal.

This is bizarre.

Ask Congress?? OMG, those chickenhawks sitting on the back row ready to pounce when things go badly . . . . the LAST thing Congress wants is to be required they do what the Constitution requires . . . approve or deny. . . . take a position. Not gonna happen, they left town to campaign . . . . pathetic!

knothead wrote:

This is bizarre.

Ask Congress?? OMG, those chickenhawks sitting on the back row ready to pounce when things go badly . . . . the LAST thing Congress wants is to be required they do what the Constitution requires . . . approve or deny. . . . take a position.  Not gonna happen, they left town to campaign . . . . pathetic!

Doesn't the president have the power to call congress into session?

I believe he does.

knothead

knothead

Chrissy* wrote:
knothead wrote:

This is bizarre.

Ask Congress?? OMG, those chickenhawks sitting on the back row ready to pounce when things go badly . . . . the LAST thing Congress wants is to be required they do what the Constitution requires . . . approve or deny. . . . take a position.  Not gonna happen, they left town to campaign . . . . pathetic!

I believe he does.

I am sure he does Chrissy . . . . too much for me to process honestly . . . . . when politics interfere with crisis management I lose my cool I suppose. I can curse Obama or Congress . . . . at least we know Obama is willing to do something but I am so not comfortable with one man making such a decision!

knothead wrote:
Chrissy* wrote:
knothead wrote:

This is bizarre.

I believe he does.

I am sure he does Chrissy . . . . too much for me to process honestly . . . . . when politics interfere with crisis management I lose my cool I suppose.  I can curse Obama or Congress . . . . at least we know Obama is willing to do something but I am so not comfortable with one man making such a decision!

look knot, I don't think anybody is happy with this.

We have a even more dire situation than weve had before.

We have our GOV going to a rogue nation asking for permission to bomb, but not calling a special session to vote on it.

Then we have Russia taunting us with bombers in our air space in Alaska

Then we have china taunting our naval ships in the ocean

The whole damn middle east is in flames

protest are every where about all kinds of shit.

our border are pouring weird assed diseases into the country which I think is bioweapons

What would FDR do? LOL

They didn't really ask permission... it was more of a heads up. I've just decided there's no sense using ethics if they don't.

Th Dude wrote:They didn't really ask permission... it was more of a heads up. I've just decided there's no sense using ethics if they don't.

seems to me him giving a heads up is a round a bout way to get permission.

example: Hey neighbor, just letting you know Im about to chop down these trees over here and some might fall in your yard.

Neighbor; sure, I hated those trees

btw pkr, you have a LOT of ethics Smile

[quote="Th Dude"]I'm sure he's scared to death... that's no excuse. Where's that bridge the gap crapola? You go ahead and give him a pass.

That doesn't surprise me.[/quote

Muslims helping Muslims.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum