Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Isis any worse than al Qaida, or the governments of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, UAE etc?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Let's face facts -- I've read nothing that indicates we Americans are appreciated by any of the countries named above. Add Egypt to the list.

Since 2003, other American captives in the Mideast have been beheaded, by other terrorists.

It seems to me that Isis is no more a real danger to us than the Saudis who financed 9-11, or the Taliban in Afghanistan. The truth is, if you're an American working or traveling through any Arab nation, you run the risk of being kidnapped and then imprisoned, tortured and/or beheaded.

Now, consider the supposed coalition Mr. Obama mentioned in his speech. I heard that there are nine members already -- but what the hell is a "member?"

I've heard the Saudis have no intention of providing troops, but they will provide some money and bases to train Iraqis.

Egypt has made no comment whatever.

Qatar has not offered troops.

Turkey has not offered troops.

Jordan has not offered troops.

Kuwait has not offered troops.

Iran has already proposed to wage war on Isis.

So just who is this "coalition" of troops who are going to do ALL the boots-on-the-ground fighting in Iraq and Syria?

From the beginning of this chaotic mess, we've screwed up by taking sides in the 1400 year old conflict between the Shias and Sunnis. According to Obama's "strategy," initially we will be providing air support to Iraqi shia troops and Kurdish troops against Isis who, thus far, is supported by the Sunnis.

That's the same crapola that helped us screw the pooch in Iraq from 2003 until 2010.

Somebody, please explain to me why we need to fight Isis and not everyone else in that region ...

Reality.

I wonder what kind of quid pro quo Obama has with Assad

Wordslinger wrote:Let's face facts -- I've read nothing that indicates we Americans are appreciated by any of the countries named above.  Add Egypt to the list.

Since 2003, other American captives in the Mideast have been beheaded, by other terrorists.  

It seems to me that Isis is no more a real danger to us than the Saudis who financed 9-11, or the Taliban in Afghanistan.  The truth is, if you're an American working or traveling through any Arab nation, you run the risk of being kidnapped and then imprisoned, tortured and/or beheaded.

Now, consider the supposed coalition Mr. Obama mentioned in his speech.  I heard that there are nine members already -- but what the hell is a "member?"

I've heard the Saudis have no intention of providing troops, but they will provide some money and bases to train Iraqis.

So just who is this "coalition" of troops who are going to do ALL the boots-on-the-ground fighting in Iraq and Syria?

From the beginning of this chaotic mess, we've screwed up by taking sides in the 1400 year old conflict between the Shias and Sunnis.   According to Obama's "strategy," initially we will be providing air support to Iraqi shia troops and Kurdish troops against Isis who, thus far, is supported by the Sunnis.  

That's the same crapola that helped us screw the pooch in Iraq from 2003 until 2010.

Somebody, please explain to me why we need to fight Isis and not everyone else in that region ...

Reality.

Their real ability to wage war inside opponent nations is that they have people from all over the world they have trained. Two USA citizens have died fighting with them thus far. We have a wide open border than even your old arse could cross and not get caught. Yes, if kids can make it here from Central America without their parents, so ISIS can make it here too, They have billions in funding. Getting here is easiest part.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Let's face facts -- I've read nothing that indicates we Americans are appreciated by any of the countries named above.  Add Egypt to the list.

It seems to me that Isis is no more a real danger to us than the Saudis who financed 9-11, or the Taliban in Afghanistan.  The truth is, if you're an American working or traveling through any Arab nation, you run the risk of being kidnapped and then imprisoned, tortured and/or beheaded.

Now, consider the supposed coalition Mr. Obama mentioned in his speech.  I heard that there are nine members already -- but what the hell is a "member?"

From the beginning of this chaotic mess, we've screwed up by taking sides in the 1400 year old conflict between the Shias and Sunnis.   According to Obama's "strategy," initially we will be providing air support to Iraqi shia troops and Kurdish troops against Isis who, thus far, is supported by the Sunnis.  

Reality.

Their real ability to wage war inside opponent nations is that they have people from all over the world they have trained. Two USA citizens have died fighting with them thus far. We have a wide open border than even your old arse could cross and not get caught. Yes, if kids can make it here from Central America without their parents, so ISIS can make it here too, They have billions in funding. Getting here is easiest part.

What's your point? That we should put troops along both our northern and southern borders? If we did that, who would be left to fight another war?

Maybe Jesus will help us in this situation. Just like Allah is helping THEM.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Just read online that Iran's Ayatollah has proposed that the Iranian army is ready and willing to work with the U.S. and Iraqis interested in destroying Isil.

Maybe Iran is one of the "ten" partners Obama spoke about?

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Reality.

What's your point?  That we should put troops along both our northern and southern borders?  If we did that, who would be left to fight another war?

Maybe Jesus will help us in this situation.  Just like Allah is helping THEM.

Is Isis any worse than al Qaida, or the governments of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, UAE etc? 10645034_806601989396080_5018391152124548301_n

BTW, word....many Biblical scholars agree that nothing in Revelations refers to the United States at all. Wonder why that is? Is it because by the time of the anti-Christ America is already an also-ran in the world or off in irrelevance before the events of Armageddon occur?

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:Just read online that Iran's Ayatollah has proposed that the Iranian army is ready and willing to work with the U.S. and Iraqis interested in destroying Isil.

You know, at this point Iran is probably the most rational actor out there.

They should be our natural ally, but unfortunately we managed to radicalize them a long time ago.

Iran is far majority Shia and hates Sunnis that's why. They are far from rational

Iran is more than willing to help if it destabilizes Sunnis and their power base

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:BTW, word....many Biblical scholars agree that nothing in Revelations refers to the United States at all. Wonder why that is? Is it because by the time of the anti-Christ America is already an also-ran in the world or off in irrelevance before the events of Armageddon occur?

Who cares? It's all pure crapola.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Iran is more than willing to help if it destabilizes Sunnis and their power base

That seems to be our goal too! And the stability of the Shias is what you fought for in your tours to Iraq. It's time you realized that.

Sal wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Just read online that Iran's Ayatollah has proposed that the Iranian army is ready and willing to work with the U.S. and Iraqis interested in destroying Isil.

They should be our natural ally, but unfortunately we managed to radicalize them a long time ago.

Iran has motives beyond their kind offer... know it. Just another clusterfuck... yea team.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Th Dude wrote:
Sal wrote:

Iran has motives beyond their kind offer... know it. Just another clusterfuck... yea team.

This time Pacedog and Dude and I are on the same track -- Obama isn't starting a new war, he wants to continue the old one. None of the surrounding Arab nations have offered to provide ANY troops on the ground to confront ISIS.

Even Obama admits the war can't be won by air power alone. Anyone who seriously thinks we can provide some advisers who will successfully get the Iraqi army into a fighting stance is crazy. IT'S GOING TO BE OUR BOOTS ON THE GROUND AGAIN. Screw America Inc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum