Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

8 bystanders shot by police in NYC accidently.

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

newswatcher wrote:
On this issue....you are clueless....First trained citizen...the most obvious problem is that the trained citizen has a very high potential to become the next victim and then there would be some that would go crazy on that point...When police would have responded escpecially is such a quick fashion they would have only seen someone with a gun..that alone would be dangerous unless they were notified ahead of time but that would be the best case scenerio...when law enforcement observes an armed individual they a a split second to make a decison that can only be second guessed by arm chair experts...to illustrate this point there have been times when off duty officers have become victims because they intervened in a crisis situation....as fas as the rest of your rant it's not even worth commenting on but the armed citizen would have been a situation where someone attempting to do the right thing could end up injured/killed...

And I suppose posting an avatar of of GySgt R. Lee Ermey makes you something of an expert? The only expert it makes you is at BS, just like the GySgt. Like 2 peas in a pod.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Tampa woman stops armed carjacker with her own gun

A Tampa woman refused to be a carjacking victim when she was approached by an armed man who jumped into her car on Thursday.

The woman, who only wants to be identified as Adrianna, pulled out her
own gun. "I just leaned forward and punched him in the forehead with my
gun," she said. The man "screamed like a girl and almost dropped his
gun" as he ran away, she added.

Tampa Police have arrested one suspect so far in what they see as a
pattern of carjackings. A-Keem Carr was arrested on related charges,
but two others are believed to be preying on motorists in the Westshore
area.

So far, two carjackings and four attempted carjackings have occurred
over the last two weeks. In one case, a man from Land O' Lakes was
pumping gas when an armed suspect approached demanding the car keys.

The man refused because his 6-month-old son was still in his car seat and the suspect took off.

Another incident involved a woman who was closing her business when she
was approached by an armed man who took her van. Her credit cards were
used at a business in St. Petersburg and the van was found later along
39th Street in St. Petersburg. A. Keem Carr was charged in that crime.

Other carjacking attempts included a woman standing next to her car in
the Regency Apartments when she was approached but she screamed and
scared off the bandit.

Adrianna was pulling into the International Mall when the armed man
jumped in her car. She talked about defending herself. "I didn't want
to have to shoot...anyway over a car. But if it was going to be him or
me..."

Tampa Police warn the suspects are becoming more aggressive and may be prone to violence.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
On this issue....you are clueless....First trained citizen...the most obvious problem is that the trained citizen has a very high potential to become the next victim and then there would be some that would go crazy on that point...When police would have responded escpecially is such a quick fashion they would have only seen someone with a gun..that alone would be dangerous unless they were notified ahead of time but that would be the best case scenerio...when law enforcement observes an armed individual they a a split second to make a decison that can only be second guessed by arm chair experts...to illustrate this point there have been times when off duty officers have become victims because they intervened in a crisis situation....as fas as the rest of your rant it's not even worth commenting on but the armed citizen would have been a situation where someone attempting to do the right thing could end up injured/killed...

And the point missed was?....One thing to disagree and discuss but at least attempt to converse and tell me what was missed...finally throughout the post never claimed to be an 'expert' so your assumption has made you look foolish..It's an avatar selected of a character in a MOVIE that did remind me a little of a drill sergeant from MANY years ago...nothing more...Speaking of avatars.....

And I suppose posting an avatar of of GySgt R. Lee Ermey makes you something of an expert? The only expert it makes you is at BS, just like the GySgt. Like 2 peas in a pod.

newswatcher wrote:
And the point missed was?....One thing to disagree and discuss but at least attempt to converse and tell me what was missed...finally throughout the post never claimed to be an 'expert' so your assumption has made you look foolish..It's an avatar selected of a character in a MOVIE that did remind me a little of a drill sergeant from MANY years ago...nothing more...Speaking of avatars.....

Man you have no sense of humor, lighten up dude.

LEOs should be trained not to start shooting haphazardly. I know it can be in the heat of the moment, but that is total carelessness on their part.

no stress

no stress

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

LEOs should be trained not to start shooting haphazardly. I know it can be in the heat of the moment, but that is total carelessness on their part.

If all a LEO can do is show up and shoot 8 other people then the situation would have been better served if they had stayed at the dunkin donuts and not showed up to "serve and protect" LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gunz wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

If all a LEO can do is show up and shoot 8 other people then the situation would have been better served if they had stayed at the dunkin donuts and not showed up to "serve and protect" LOL

Ya know when you pt it that way it makes sense. The guy was done killing and they could have just followed him home and arrested him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum