Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hurricane Isaac

+13
TEOTWAWKI
SheSurfs
no stress
Joanimaroni
NaNook
Nekochan
othershoe1030
Lisa12
ZVUGKTUBM
Yella
PBulldog2
gulfbeachbandit
Hospital Bob
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 6:02 am

I will tell yall this and I dont know why my city is freaking out so soon, we are under a tropical storm AND hurricane watch right now. Our city has already put these huge storm shutters on all the buildings and people from carolina are already here to help clean up. talk about proactive.

The news here last night said even if its 50 miles or 200 miles off shore we will get at least sustained winds of 65 mph. It span is large.

so after I get off work today im going to the library to get that book PB recomemned incase I loose power. if the library is open today. hmm

anyway, I hope you guys do not get hit and all of you are safe.

102Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 6:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What city are you in, Chrissy?

103Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 6:27 am

Bob wrote:What city are you in, Chrissy?

http://www.capecoral.net/en-us/visitor.aspx

practically on pine island, very close

http://www.pineislandfl.com/

now you have my central location. affraid

104Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 6:41 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy8 wrote:

I was just down in Naples in February.

105Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 7:01 am

Bob wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

I was just down in Naples in February.

I was in Naples in Feb. I dont like Naples. Its boring, I like it better up here. Naples has got to have the worlds largest population of bitches on the planet. There are 2 kinds of people there, bitches with money and bitches who will stab you in the back for money. and I grew up there as a kid and I still dont like it.

106Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 7:25 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy8 wrote:

I was in Naples in Feb. I dont like Naples. Its boring, I like it better up here. Naples has got to have the worlds largest population of bitches on the planet. There are 2 kinds of people there, bitches with money and bitches who will stab you in the back for money. and I grew up there as a kid and I still dont like it.
And a lot of geezers too. A WHOLE lot. lol

p.s. and "geezer" got nothin to do with age. I'm old too. But a geezer is a geezer. lol

107Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 7:31 am

Bob wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

And a lot of geezers too. A WHOLE lot. lol

p.s. and "geezer" got nothin to do with age. I'm old too. But a geezer is a geezer. lol

Yes I know. I was hopin my youngest daughter would catch her one of those rich geezers so I could retire, but she had to go and marry a canadian instead Neutral

Hold on, what is your definition of a geezer?

108Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 9:03 am

You'll know it when you're late for work and get behind one!

109Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 11:35 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A couple things about the 10AM forecast are not in our favor.

"THERE IS A SPREAD IN POTENTIAL LANDFALL LOCATIONS BETWEEN THE EASTERN FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA...WHICH LOWERS CONFIDENCE IN THE FINAL LANDFALL POINT".

"CALLS FOR A LITTLE MORE STRENGTHENING THAN THE
PREVIOUS FORECAST OVER THE NORTHERN GULF"

"72H 28/1200Z 28.5N 85.5W 85 KT 100 MPH"
(landfall)

Last night's forecast was 85 mph at landfall.

110Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 11:42 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

8AM model tracks. spreading toward the west.

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 At201209_model

SHIPS model (forecasts intensity) 87 knots (100 mph) at landfall.

Last edited by Bob on 8/25/2012, 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total

111Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 11:43 am

BETWEEN THE EASTERN FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA.. Thank God they have it narrowed down. Now I can quit/start worrying.......

112Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 11:52 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you look at that last model map, the problem is the *#*$*'ing thing aint going over land. The core of it is going straight through the middle of the Florida straits. It's now going to be over water for almost a thousand miles headed toward us. We may see them have to increase the intensity forecast and maybe significantly. I remember when Hurricane Charley was coming in to the west coast of Florida in 04. That sucker quickly intensified to cat 4 and they had not been forecasting that.

113Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 11:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The hurricane (Charley) turned north-northeastward and accelerated toward the southwest coast of Florida as it began to intensify rapidly; dropsonde measurements indicate that Charley's central pressure fell from 964 mb to 941 mb in 4.5 hours. By 10 am, the maximum winds had increased to near 125 m.p.h., and three hours later had increased to 145 m.p.h. - category 4 strength.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/outreach/history/#charley

114Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 12:04 pm

Charley was this areas ivan.

I have a stinkin gut feeling about this cane, im hopin its just that pickle I just ate.

115Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 2:26 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The 2pm forecast update still has the center of the forecast track going through Okaloosa.

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Latest11

The forecasters start to lose confidence in their predicting as the storm moves into the central and northern gulf.
They see weather patterns which they're convinced will eventually change the northwestwardly path to a more northern one. But the uncertainty comes in as to when that will start to impact on the direction the hurricane goes.
If it starts earlier then the hurricane will come in somewhere east of us. But if that starts later then it will come in west of us.

And the intensity forecast is always uncertain. The current technology is better able to predict the path of a hurricane than predict what it's intensity will be over time.

116Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 2:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:

Ya'll just don't understand.....or so my friend the Turtle Lady would say.

She has a theory that the only time we need to worry is when a hurricane goes through the "flippers" - Cuba on one side, Cozumel/Cancun on the other.

You know, "flippers" - like on a pin ball machine. Shoots those hurricanes straight up to Pensacola.

Or so she says.
You might want to let the Turtle Lady know about this one (the 1926 hurricane). It was the worst hurricane to hit Pensacola during all last Century. It never got within 500 miles of the "flippers".

Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 192610

And what's a little scary is the track is not that far north of where Isaac is.

117Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 3:05 pm

IM G6

no T1 or T2 can scare me bobby....

Keep on trying though. Its intertaining Very Happy

118Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 3:42 pm

When it is only a 1 or 2 it is almost humorous to watch every one jump out of their ass like it was the end of the world. I just went to the store to buy a few things. LOL People buying stuff that they will have 2 years from now or until they throw it out. Heres my supplies
Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 2iqzl2v

119Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 3:47 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:When it is only a 1 or 2 it is almost humorous to watch every one jump out of their ass like it was the end of the world. I just went to the store to buy a few things. LOL People buying stuff that they will have 2 years from now or until they throw it out. Heres my supplies
Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 2iqzl2v

Hallmark, seriously, you do not eat that crap do you? Crackers, yes, sausage, HELL NO.

120Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 4:10 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've about decided that due to the huge width of the storm we more than likely are gonna have power outages here regardless of where it exactly makes landfall (tropical storm force winds are already out 180 miles to the east of center). So I decided to go ahead and fill up the gas cans for my generator. Made the mistake of going to Wallymart on Creighton earlier. When I got there the line to get in the station was about 12 deep. I slowly got toward the front of the line and then all the pumps quit working. Went to Sams and it wasn't that bad.
The higher priced gas stations are still easy. Tomorrow and Monday may be a different story though.

A 1 or 2 don't scare me none neither. But the problem is this thing has the potential to get stronger than is forecast (and the NHC is already giving hints about that possibility). Rapid intensification is not all that rare in the central gulf and when it happens it's usually not forecast. Not saying that WILL happen, but it sure wouldn't be the first time.
Remember, Katrina became a cat 5 in the central Gulf. Went from cat 3 to cat 5 in just 9 hours time.

Last edited by Bob on 8/25/2012, 4:20 pm; edited 7 times in total

121Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 4:12 pm

I used to. I have changed up what I eat in the last few years. I dont do much Viennas much any more but I do still eat Sardines. But damn they are not cheap any more. Who would have ever thought?
Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSlAPoSPDhZ0DONkE94S7FIihHuDs2jThDFJo2iYxITrViRCnn&t=1

122Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 4:23 pm

I still eat Beanie Weenies. They come in a case of small cans at Sams and they're damn cheap.

------------------------------

How many times have you awakened to learn that the storm has intensified... seems to be the norm. "Oops, we didn't see that coming."

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cat-3 if it goes over the warm water of the Gulf slowly.

123Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 4:50 pm

Here is gaget that comes in handy at times. I have a little car that burns very little gas at light loads. This will work in a pinch if you just need lights or a fan for a little while. I used to have one hardwired into my truck to run small tools. Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 28tymfm Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 9avh5k

124Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 5:05 pm

I have 3 of those inverters. Mine are smaller. Two 100 watters and one 300-watter. I looked at some for the boat... 3-4000 watts. Too expensive. (They're real PROUD of them.)

125Hurricane Isaac  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Isaac 8/25/2012, 5:19 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:I have 3 of those inverters. Mine are smaller. Two 100 watters and one 300-watter. I looked at some for the boat... 3-4000 watts. Too expensive. (They're real PROUD of them.)

I picked up a 2000 watt at harbor freight for a couple hundred..

http://www.harborfreight.com/2000-watt-continuous-4000-watt-peak-power-inverter-95596.html

Quick I just checked it's on sale $159

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum