Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Fox News Cause Ignorance, or Do Ignorant Viewers Prefer Fox News?

+4
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Floridatexan
boards of FL
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118066/brookings-survey-fox-news-home-most-conservative-republicans

One little cable outlet that in reality doesn't come close to the networks sure gets your leftist panties in a wad.

Would you prefer that speech or dissent be controlled in a more direct manner?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Would you prefer that speech or dissent be controlled in a more direct manner?

Nope.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I would prefer that masses of people weren't exposed to the daily dose of lies, hatred and blame that is the foundation of FAUX NEWS.

Floridatexan wrote:I would prefer that masses of people weren't exposed to the daily dose of lies, hatred and blame that is the foundation of FAUX NEWS.

That is hilarious considering the opinions you link us here to constantly... flat hilarious.

2seaoat

They manipulate old stupid people. It is very sad, but nature will within the next few years take care of the problem. There used to be a semblance of integrity in regard to news. There is very little left.

Agreed about the need and return to real investigative journalism with neutral ethics. It's the cornerstone of liberty.

2seaoat

Agreed about the need and return to real investigative journalism with neutral ethics. It's the cornerstone of liberty.

The best investigatory get out into the field and collect facts is Vice on HBO. 80% of their stories are brilliant, and sadly they do have a slant because Bill Maher is the executive producer, but their foreign coverage is brilliant. They toasted President Obama on the BP settlement and the dispersants being used to hide the oil.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think all news stations should be slanted toward Democratic beliefs. Not one conservative station should be allowed to share airways with liberal stations.

Feel better?

by 2seaoat Today at 6:18 pm

The best investigatory get out into the field and collect facts is Vice on HBO. 80% of their stories are brilliant, and sadly they do have a slant because Bill Maher is the executive producer, but their foreign coverage is brilliant. They toasted President Obama on the BP settlement and the dispersants being used to hide the oil.
----

Maher ..... Nuf said ....liberal slant for sure

Floridatexan wrote:I would prefer that masses of people weren't exposed to the daily dose of lies, hatred and blame that is the foundation of FAUX NEWS.  

maybe you could get your fellow dictators to pass a law that forbids fox news. You can hide the totalitarian urge by saying its for the good of the people.  Wink 

VectorMan

VectorMan

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Would you prefer that speech or dissent be controlled in a more direct manner?

Nope.

What would you prefer? Just out of curiosity.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Agreed about the need and return to real investigative journalism with neutral ethics. It's the cornerstone of liberty.

The best investigatory get out into the field and collect facts is Vice on HBO.   80% of their stories are brilliant, and sadly they do have a slant because Bill Maher is the executive producer,
but their foreign coverage is brilliant.  They toasted President Obama on the BP settlement and the dispersants being used to hide the oil.

You just can't make these things up.  Then if a TV show was produced by Rush Limbaugh you would honestly believe that there was no bias and believe everything you saw and heard.  Just as you do with VICE.

I do admire you though for admitting the total bias of the show, what with Bill Maher and all, and why you chug it down so easily.

I really think you'd enjoy the John Stossel show.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Agreed about the need and return to real investigative journalism with neutral ethics. It's the cornerstone of liberty.

The best investigatory get out into the field and collect facts is Vice on HBO.   80% of their stories are brilliant, and sadly they do have a slant because Bill Maher is the executive producer,
but their foreign coverage is brilliant.  They toasted President Obama on the BP settlement and the dispersants being used to hide the oil.

You just can't make these things up.  Then if a TV show was produced by Rush Limbaugh you would honestly believe that there was no bias and believe everything you saw and heard.  Just as you do with VICE.

I do admire you though for admitting the total bias of the show, what with Bill Maher and all, and why you chug it down so easily.

I really think you'd enjoy the John Stossel show.

Hey, Markle.  Care to see something funny?  Check out the link below: It's a link to a thread that you created in which you link to the very poll that is the subject of this thread - a poll that suggest Fox News republicans are ignorant. Oddly enough, you say that "Not a surprise but the Progressives here will find a way to denigrate or, most likely, ignore this far reaching poll."

Well, Markle. Here we are in a thread that does not ignore this far reaching poll.

Isn't that funny, Markle?  We have a poll suggesting Fox News republicans are ignorant.  I posted it.  You responded to it.  Then you went on to post the very same poll, but with an entirely different headline...and you suggest liberals are ignoring the poll.  

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t15005-not-a-surprise-poll-fox-trounces-cnn-humiliates-msnbc-as-most-trusted#183180

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

The best investigatory get out into the field and collect facts is Vice on HBO.  

I've never seen it so I want to watch it. I just checked HBO On Demand and I have episodes 1 through 9 of season 2 available to me.
Can you recommend any particular episode to get me started?

Here are synopses of those episodes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_%28TV_series%29#Season_2_.282014.29

polecat

polecat

Remember back in 2003 when a UC Court ruled that it is legal to lie on the news?
The decision went in favor of... wait for it?????

fox news who was presenting false information covering up the dangers of Monsantos GM milk.

do you guys remember that? Me neither!

There are often stories covered by fox that go largely ignored by mainstream media... simply because they are critical of democrats or the progressive agenda. It goes so far that even when a scandal must be reported the party will be omitted.

Is that what you consider the freedom of the press? To ignore that which puts an ideology in a bad light?

Wouldn't you prefer to know all of the details in an objective manner and decide for yourself if it matters or not?

Before you accuse me of being a fox fan... I don't watch any tv news... and if you've noticed rarely link to fox.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-02-24/entertainment/bal-obama-intimidate-press-fcc-newsrooms-20140223_1_inspectors-first-amendment-mignon-clyburn

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Wouldn't you prefer to  know all of the details in an objective manner and decide for yourself if it matters or not?

Absolutely.  But that has nothing to do with Fox News.  Perhaps you should watch it for an hour and see for yourself?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Fox successfully arguing in court that they are allowed to lie to their viewers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Akre#Whistleblower_lawsuit

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Wouldn't you prefer to  know all of the details in an objective manner and decide for yourself if it matters or not?

Absolutely.  But that has nothing to do with Fox News.  Perhaps you should watch it for an hour and see for yourself?

I've got no cable access... I have considered satellite lately since I'm kinda laid up for awhile.

Mainly for the sports tho... never was very interested in listening to talking heads.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum