Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About Berghdahl's platoon members

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Only one of them causes some suspicion in me. It's Evan Beutow.
He's just way too good to be true. At first he had me buying into it in the biggest way. But the more I watch that kid it just doesn't seem like he can be real to me. He's too perfect. When they interview him, he even outclasses
the professional interviewers.
How could someone that obscure have the skills and the demeanor of a professional talking head.
I'm not suggesting he's in cahoots with the right-wing media. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he's not trying to make a career out of what he's doing.

bob, contrary to what some say, many people in the military are smart, articulate and talented. They are not all dumb brutes.

yep

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well as I've mentioned,  one of my good friends is a retired career Marine Sgt who's smarter than me.  And he's a black man which proves to me that both can be smarter than me.  
But this Buetow is more than smart.  I think he may be auditioning.  I predict you'll see this kid have some kind of media role after this and probably on Fox News.  It's just a gut feeling I have about it after being a media buff for 50 years.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:And he's a black man which proves to me that both can be smarter than me.  

About Berghdahl's platoon members 2mbe2Z8

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As I was writing that, I anticipated that remark would get that reaction and that's why I intentionally said it.

You might not have been with us here yet and even if you were you wouldn't have any recollection of it. I once explained how meeting up with and then spending time and eventually becoming close friends with this black Marine Sergeant was an awakening for me.
I was 55 and I had not had any black friends since my youth. In the 35 years since not having any real friendships with black people, I had developed some bad stereotypes about blacks.
And then Paul, who is 15 years younger than me, came along and destroyed all those stereotypes. And showed me how smart a black man can be. He's maybe the smartest friend I've ever had.
And it goes way beyond that. I don't think there's any question he plays the role of father to his kids better than any white man I've ever known.

I'm admitting that I had drifted into racial bigotry and stereotypes and this person turned me around on it.
And now you're mocking me for it. That just tells me bigotry is not something you really care about. Oh you act like you do. But it's apparently just a game to you. You've really learned a lot more than you're aware of from the liberal politicians and media personalities. lol

Sal

Sal

In your world, does being aware that you're making an ignorant and bigoted statement somehow mitigate it?

Pensacola is a weird place.

Bob wrote:As I was writing that,  I anticipated that remark would get that reaction and that's why I intentionally said it.

You might not have been with us here yet and even if you were you wouldn't have any recollection of it.  I once explained how meeting up with and then spending time and eventually becoming close friends with this black Marine Sergeant was an awakening for me.  
I was 55 and I had not had any black friends since my youth.  In the 35 years since not having any real friendships with black people,  I had developed some bad stereotypes about blacks.  
And then Paul, who is 15 years younger than me, came along and destroyed all those stereotypes.  And showed me how smart a black man can be.  He's maybe the smartest friend I've ever had.
And it goes way beyond that.  I don't think there's any question he plays the role of father to his kids better than any white man I've ever known.

I'm admitting that I had drifted into racial bigotry and stereotypes and this person turned me around on it.
And now you're mocking me for it.  That just tells me bigotry is not something you really care about.  Oh you act like you do.  But it's apparently just a game to you.  You've really learned a lot more than you're aware of from the liberal politicians and media personalities.  lol

I think I remember that.

bob, what you have just said is not racist. these stupid asses call anything racist if it just has the word black in it. I mean literally you cant even use the work black to discuss anything or its automatically racist.

I grew up around black people, some of my close relatives have married black people and have children. Some of those stereotypes are true, some not. Its a culture difference and any honest black person will tell you the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum