Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luck and circumstance help the Spurs win game 1 at home

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Let's be honest, LeBron and the Heat were controlling that game up until 03:57 left in the fourth quarter. Once LeBron had to leave the game, the Spurs miraculously came back from behind and ended up winning by 17...in the final minutes of the game.

LeBron's impact here is painfully obvious. And those final mintues showed us exactly what type of team the Heat are without LeBron. Jordan could take 3:57 off and his team could protect a lead. LeBron clearly isn't afforded that luxury.

Also consider this. That was the Spurs A game. That literally is as good as they get. At home. Firing on all cylinders. All the fouls are going your way (spurs took 22 foul shots vs heat 11). Shooting unbelievably from the field and downtown...and you're still losing to LeBron.

If LeBron stays in that game for the final 3:57, the Heat win. No question. And if the Heat win game 1 on the road, the series is over.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Amazing! LeBron leaves the game and suddenly the Spurs look like the Spurs again. For the only time all game...the Spurs coincidentally finally start playing well. Assisted 3's. Dunks. Points in the paint. Simply amazing!

Rashard Lewis enters the game for LeBron James

Danny Green makes 23-foot three point jumper (Boris Diaw assists)

Danny Green makes 25-foot three point jumper (Boris Diaw assists)

Tim Duncan makes layup (Manu Ginobili assists)

Danny Green makes dunk (Tim Duncan assists)

Danny Green makes 24-foot three point jumper (Manu Ginobili assists)

Boris Diaw makes layup (Manu Ginobili assists)

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So, only one of the two best teams in the play offs, has a player (LeBron) with the ability to secure a win?

Last year, the play- off was not a run-a-way series. Who made the game winning shot in last year's final game that gave the Heat the victory?

Silly me, I thought basketball was a team sport.

2seaoat

This is going to be fun.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Again, the Heat controlled that game through the first three quarters. And this was the case in spite of the fact that the Spurs were playing as good as they play....at home...with twice as many foul shots.

Then LeBron leaves the game. 31-9 run for the Spurs.

Please, guys. Let's try to be intellectually honest here about what happened in that game.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Who made the game winning shot in last year's final game that gave the Heat the victory?  

Ray Allen. I guess you would say the full back who makes a 0.5 yd run for a touchdown deserves the MVP over the QB who executed a 90 yard drive.

2seaoat

If fouls are called, the Heat lose.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Who made the game winning shot in last year's final game that gave the Heat the victory?  

Ray Allen.  I guess you would say the full back who makes a 0.5 yd run for a touchdown deserves the MVP over the QB who executed a 90 yard drive.

Yes, Ray has been instrumental in every play off game, over looked and out of the spot light.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:This is going to be fun.

The Spurs were hot in the fourth quarter.....great ball movement and hitting "Threes" left and right.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:If fouls are called, the Heat lose.

More correctly stated

If you get to the line twice as much...if it's a home game...if you shoot 58.8% as a team from the field...if you shoot 52% from downtown...if your AC doesn't work and the court level temp is 90+ degrees and you have a deeper bench...if Mario Chalmers sits on the bench for the majority of the game...and if LeBron essentially doesn't play in the key 4th quarter.....

....you will be able to come back from behind and the Heat will lose.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:

The Spurs were hot in the fourth quarter.....great ball movement and hitting "Threes" left and right.

Yes. They played very well against Cole, Battier, Lewis, Bosh, and Wade. Damned good.

2seaoat

I thought Wade played great. He won a ring without James. His fake in the middle and reverse with finger roll was beautiful thing. The problem is the Spurs are simply a better team......as they were last year.

Sal

Sal

Repetition is one of the keys to comedy.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

1 2 3 4 Total
Heat 20 29 29 17 95
Spurs 26 28 20 36 110

Not exactly what I would call a Heat dominance....in the first 3 quarters.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
              1 2 3 4 Total
Heat 20 29 29 17 95
Spurs      26 28 20 36 110

lol. They were winning the game! Did you not watch the game? The Heat were getting turnover after turnover. They were rolling. Then LeBron had to leave the game. Miraculously, the Spurs go on a 31-9 run in the final minutes of the 4th - getting dunks, raining threes, etc.... Are you any good at connecting the dots?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

[quote="boards of FL"]
Joanimaroni wrote:
              1 2 3 4 Total
Heat 20 29 29 17 95
Spurs      26 28 20 36 110

lol.  They were winning the game!  Did you not watch the game?  The Heat were getting turnover after turnover.  They were rolling.  Then LeBron had to leave the game.  Miraculously, the Spurs go on a 31-9 run in the final minutes of the 4th - getting dunks, raining threes, etc....  Are you any good at connecting the dots?[/quote]

You bet I am.....The Spurs won.

How many of those 31 points would LeBron be able to stop? All you can do is speculate. .....78- 74 at the end of the third quarter......once again not what I would consider a Heat dominance.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:You bet I am.....The Spurs won.

How many of those 31 points would LeBron be able to stop? All you can do is speculate. .....78- 74 at the end of the third quarter......once again not what I would consider a Heat dominance.

The Heat were up by 7 in the 4th quarter.  They were in complete control of the game.  I don't know how often you watch Heat games or how familiar you are with their stats, but they are a 4th quarter team.  They tend ratchet up their defense and are tough to overcome late.  

Then LeBron left the game. Then the Spurs went on a 31-9 run.  I suppose it is merely a pure coincidence that the Spurs were able to go on a 31-9 run the very moment the best player on the court left the game?  I don't see how anyone could possibly say that while remaining intellectually honest.

2seaoat

Gosh, I guess the team of ages lost one game.....they have nothing to worry about.....the refs will reign in the Spurs, and they will simply blow the Spurs out of the building.

James has been missing in action in so many fourth quarters in his career in the playoffs that at least this time cramping was around the leg area and not around the head where he has gained his rep.

2seaoat

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/spurs-shirt-takes-shot-at-heat-not-being-able-to-take-the-heat-060614

James is usually good for not showing up in key series in two games....one more to come.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Regardless of the outcome of this series, LeBron is still better than Jordan. We clearly just witnessed what sort of team Miami is without LeBron. 31-9 run in 3:57 regulation. Pathetic. But with LeBron...up by 7 late in the 4th.

The Bulls were a 55 win team without Jordan. Miami can't hang 3:57 with the spurs without LeBron.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:You bet I am.....The Spurs won.

The Heat were up by 7 in the 4th quarter.  They were in complete control of the game.  I don't know how often you watch Heat games or how familiar you are with their stats, but they are a 4th quarter team.  They tend ratchet up their defense and are tough to overcome late.  

Then LeBron left the game. Then the Spurs went on a 31-9 run.  I suppose it is merely a pure coincidence that the Spurs were able to go on a 31-9 run the very moment the best player on the court left the game?  I don't see how anyone could possibly say that while remaining intellectually honest.

I watch the Heat.....last year they were tremendous in the 3 rd quarter and this year they break away in the 4 th. I still don't believe nor do I intellectualize one man preventing the
Spurs run.

2seaoat

Last time I checked Wade won a championship without anybody but a worn out center.......your revisionist history does not work......other than Rodman who won in Detroit.....are you really saying the surrounding cast of players around Jordan were better than wade, Allen(multiples in Boston and way ahead of Pippen in scoring), Bosh compared to any of the Bulls centers........sorry Pippen was an amazing defensive marvel.......but he never got the Bulls close to a championship......Wade did, and Allen did, and Allen single handed won last year championship. James is a soon to be over the hill player in an all time soft league in the East who may have three rings as his career total. Dirk only had one, and if loses this year with only two, and Dirk finishes with a good team, hell he will not even be better than a current player..........we already know that kid from OK is better this year.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Last time I checked Wade won a championship without anybody but a worn out center.......your revisionist history does not work......other than Rodman who won in Detroit.....are you really saying the surrounding cast of players around Jordan were better than wade, Allen(multiples in Boston and way ahead of Pippen in scoring), Bosh compared to any of the Bulls centers........sorry Pippen was an amazing defensive marvel.......but he never got the Bulls close to a championship......Wade did, and Allen did, and Allen single handed won last year championship.  James is a soon to be over the hill player in an all time soft league in the East who may have three rings as his career total.   Dirk only had one, and if loses this year with only two, and Dirk finishes with a good team, hell he will not even be better than a current player..........we already know that kid from OK is better this year.

You are absolutely smoking crack right now, 2seaoat. When Jordan had nothing; couldn't make it out of the first round. Jordan needed the greatest coach of all time...greatest #2 man of all time...two of the top 10 3 point shooters of all time...the greatest rebounder of all time...

Meanwhile, LeBron is the greatest in all of those categories on every team he plays on. He takes anyone...anyone...to the finals. There is absolutely no comparison.

I hope his menstrual cramps are ok by game time. Perhaps next time they can carry him from the floor in a gilded litter.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Because you are a legit source of information when it comes to being a dude who is 6'8", 290 lbs, 2% body fat, and you're having to guard the top players in the NBA that make it out of the west...regardless of position. Your cramps are absolutely comparable to that. You are a smart guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum