Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola Cop Makes National News

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pensacola Cop Makes National News Empty Pensacola Cop Makes National News 8/22/2012, 10:55 am

The PPD officer that used excessive force has made national news. Another black mark for Pensacola?

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-officer-slams-woman-car-goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html

Paul wrote:The PPD officer that used excessive force has made national news. Another black mark for Pensacola?

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-officer-slams-woman-car-goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html

She is apparently not an angel, but it is no reason to use force.

I'm still pissed that an Alabama trouper wrote me a ticket for doing 84 when I was running cruise control at 77. I know 77 is illegal, but would have accepted a ticket for 77 without a whimper. I told him he "was a damn liar".

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:
Paul wrote:The PPD officer that used excessive force has made national news. Another black mark for Pensacola?

I'm still pissed that an Alabama trouper wrote me a ticket for doing 84 when I was running cruise control at 77. I know 77 is illegal, but would have accepted a ticket for 77 without a whimper. I told him he "was a damn liar".

I have had to deal with a few drunks in working 37 years in a brewery.
She was drunk and she was a dancer which means she was probably physically fit, maybe in better shape than the cop. He should have gotten some help.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Think that dumb ass LEO had watched to many movies. Idiot deserves what he gets and hopefully he will get a lot of time to think about it behind bars. On a side not she was drunk, I despise drunk drivers and hope they all die horrible miserable slow deaths alone in a burning vehicle, as long as they do not hurt anyone else in the process. Drunk drivers kill more people than guns yet we tolerate it, why? Why isn't there an outcry against alcohol like there is for guns?

Pcola is starting to get a bad name. Its a shame.

when I moved there several years ago it wasnt that way. Then things changed.

Yella

Yella

Chrissy8 wrote:Pcola is starting to get a bad name. Its a shame.

Everything changes but change, chrissy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSKd7rqDDrY

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yomama wrote:

Then you got what you deserved...to bad some excessive force wasn't applied for stupidity...

newswatcher wrote:
Yomama wrote:

Then you got what you deserved...to bad some excessive force wasn't applied for stupidity...

Please explain how I deserved a ticket for 84 when I was doing 77. (I already had my ticket in hand when I told him he was a liar. It made no difference in whether I was going to get a ticket or not. )

Are you trolling?

Yomama wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Yomama wrote:

That's why they have traffic court...but if the defense is...I was speeding but not that bad....well save the trip to court...Adding on the arrogance of insulting the officer was another stroke of genius...But sure that the judge would love to hear your rational logic about this situation...

Please explain how I deserved a ticket for 84 when I was doing 77. (I already had my ticket in hand when I told him he was a liar. It made no difference in whether I was going to get a ticket or not. )

Are you trolling?

newswatcher wrote:That's why they have traffic court...but if the defense is...I was speeding but not that bad....well save the trip to court...Adding on the arrogance of insulting the officer was another stroke of genius...But sure that the judge would love to hear your rational logic about this situation...

That's EXACTLY what I did. On a preliminary basis, I pleaded not guilty to driving 84. I had a drivers license from Georgia. If I had been convicted of driving over 80, I would have had a mandatory license suspension.

A prosecutor was assigned to me for negotiation purposes. He offered 74 in a 70 and I took it. If I had done as you suggested, I would have lost my license. Not too smart.

Yomama wrote:
newswatcher wrote:That's why they have traffic court...but if the defense is...I was speeding but not that bad....well save the trip to court...Adding on the arrogance of insulting the officer was another stroke of genius...But sure that the judge would love to hear your rational logic about this situation...

That's EXACTLY what I did. On a preliminary basis, I pleaded not guilty to driving 84. I had a drivers license from Georgia. If I had been convicted of driving over 80, I would have had a mandatory license suspension.

A prosecutor was assigned to me for negotiation purposes. He offered 74 in a 70 and I took it. If I had done as you suggested, I would have lost my license. Not too smart.
Then you made a wise decision and it worked out....why the whining?...

newswatcher wrote: Then you made a wise decision and it worked out....why the whining?...

Because the SOB lied and it could have cost me my license. (It didn't, but it could have turned out differently.)

-----------------------------

Edit: It's like this. Most jurisdictions do not issue tickets for up to 10 mph over the speed limit. He and I knew I was doing 76 or 77. (I checked my digital speedometer and it reports about 1% high) AND he knows it would look kinda stupid for him to issue a ticket for 76 or 77, because it may get thrown out. So, the SOB lies and says I'm doing 84, so it will not get thrown out.

Last edited by Yomama on 8/22/2012, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

With the technology we have these days I think the radar should come with a shot of the vehicle in question and speed listed at the same time..
I also think when a gun is unholstered a camera should come on at the same time to determine is the shot is worthy.. It can be done with ease..

Not for Pcola as there is abuse by cops everywhere. Had it been a male instead of a female, he might have gotten away with it. You can't beat the crap out of women even if they are drunk and uncooperative. It's not the right thing to do.

Lurch wrote:With the technology we have these days I think the radar should come with a shot of the vehicle in question and speed listed at the same time..
I also think when a gun is unholstered a camera should come on at the same time to determine is the shot is worthy.. It can be done with ease..

You gonna pay for that increase in tech just so you can get your jollies?

Lurch wrote:With the technology we have these days I think the radar should come with a shot of the vehicle in question and speed listed at the same time..

THAT makes too much sense. Surprised

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You gonna pay for that increase in tech just so you can get your jollies?

Cost would be prohibitive, granted. But I don't think justice is spelled "j-o-l-l-i-e-s".

Another PPD officer shot and killed a man on Desoto last night. I have not see any print media on it yet, but Channel 3 News at 5 reported it. The report was that he shot and killed the guy after the guy shot at him first, but witnesses state that the victim was unarmed.

Paul wrote:Another PPD officer shot and killed a man on Desoto last night. I have not see any print media on it yet, but Channel 3 News at 5 reported it. The report was that he shot and killed the guy after the guy shot at him first, but witnesses state that the victim was unarmed.

I heard that one on the scanner when it happened.. They're sayin the guy shot first but I'm kinda waitin to see if a weapon was found.. One that wasn't wiped clean of prints too..

Paul wrote:Another PPD officer shot and killed a man on Desoto last night. I have not see any print media on it yet, but Channel 3 News at 5 reported it. The report was that he shot and killed the guy after the guy shot at him first, but witnesses state that the victim was unarmed.

That doesn't sound good for trust issues with the PPD. Makes you wonder if they found a weapon... and (I hate to say this) if it was planted.

(I'd like to think that this stuff doesn't happen, but I'm getting more skeptical. It's all Teo's fault.)

Lurch wrote:

I heard that one on the scanner when it happened.. They're sayin the guy shot first but I'm kinda waitin to see if a weapon was found.. One that wasn't wiped clean of prints too..

I hear ya!

BTW, I thought that the radios were encrypted now. I know I cannot receive anything on my scanner any longer. When I called the ECSO I was told that they started encryption.

Paul wrote:
Lurch wrote:

I hear ya!

BTW, I thought that the radios were encrypted now. I know I cannot receive anything on my scanner any longer. When I called the ECSO I was told that they started encryption.
The city is still open air..The county is encrypted but they still put calls out on their website.. under dispatched calls..

Last edited by Lurch on 8/22/2012, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:

That doesn't sound good for trust issues with the PPD. Makes you wonder if they found a weapon... and (I hate to say this) if it was planted.

(I'd like to think that this stuff doesn't happen, but I'm getting more skeptical. It's all Teo's fault.)
Pensacola Cop Makes National News Pepper-sprayriotgearpolice

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Pensacola Cop Makes National News -1Pensacola Cop Makes National News --3Pensacola Cop Makes National News -2
Pensacola Cop Makes National News Clear

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."
-- George Orwell

Chrissy8 wrote:Pcola is starting to get a bad name. Its a shame.

Did you notice it changed after Katrina? Not singling out any particular groups that may have stayed here after being evacuated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum