Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VA failed to use in place systems for private health care

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/27/va-already-had-systems-in-place-to-pay-for-private-sector-care-and-failed-to-act-to-save-veterans/

dumpcare

Maybe they failed to tell everyone, all the old timer's that go to the VA here in Pensacola know about it and have used it for year's. When you start going over there you will hear the old timer's talk about it and it takes forever for the VA to pay the private sector.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have a good friend who has been 100% disabled for many years. He received private care for a mini-stroke a while back and was still getting bills from the private hospital where he was treated. He contacted Jeff Miller's office...don't know whether it helped or not. My husband, who never claimed disability, although he is qualified, also received private hospital treatment twice after being referred (and transported) from the VA.

So liberals.... What the excuse ?

dumpcare

The excuse is, if the veterans's knew they could use a private hospital all these years in case of emergency (which they have been able to for as along as I can remember) and the VA pays the bill then the excuse would be down right stupidity or suicidal. Anyone goddamn it that lays around waiting for the VA or anyone else to take care of you and die instead of seeking appropriate medical care someone where else has an IQ of a spoon.

Now if someone just signed up and has been waiting months or years on end just to have their benefits awarded then there is a problem with top management (obama on down).

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ppaca wrote:The excuse is, if the veterans's knew they could use a private hospital all these years in case of emergency (which they have been able to for as along as I can remember) and the VA pays the bill then the excuse would be down right stupidity or suicidal. Anyone goddamn it that lays around waiting for the VA or anyone else to take care of you and die instead of seeking appropriate medical care someone where else has an IQ of a spoon.

Now if someone just signed up and has been waiting months or years  on end just to have their benefits awarded then there is a problem with top management (obama on down).

I believe you said you were not qualified to receive VA treatment...therefore, you don't know what that's like.

dumpcare

I never said that, in fact I am enrolled at the VA and have a small disability since 1971, I have used the VA facility here and in another state. That is how I knew the VA would pay if you had to use a private facility, they have been doing that for years. It does take them a while to pay the claim but eventually it gets paid.  I didn't know that was the case until about 10 years ago when I over heard a conversation between a couple of vets while waiting for a doctor's appointment. Both were waiting for the VA to pay Sacred Heart for ER visits, it had been months. I did but in and ask them about it and they told me that had been the case for quite a few years before that time.

In no way am I sticking up for the delays. I believe under each administration for 35 years they have chosen bad management at VA center's and the President's regardless of party does not want to take responsibility. But they have come a long way since the early 70's. The first one I ever went to in 72 was dark, dirty, dingy and the attitude of the employee's including doctor's really sucked.

This is the way it worked for me when I was awarded: I never applied for a disability but received a letter from the VA 6 months after I was discharged and said I had been awarded a disability based on what they had of my military records. I called them up and they explained and scheduled an appointment 75 miles away for a physical, that was my first encounter with the VA and I wanted it to be the last, but 2 years later they sent me another letter saying I had to go for another physical, so I went and it was the last encounter until 1996 here locally. I went every 6 months for a few years and then they changed it to once a year. I told the doctor once I was going to stop because I have worked all these years and had group health and didn't need them and leave it to the one's who were totally disabled, he gave me a long lecture I had just as much as right as anyone since I served, I went a couple more times and started ignoring the letter's they sent about 3 year's ago.

When Clinton extended to priority 8 classification this again put a drain on the system, Bush took it away and Obama brought it back. Another problem is what they are deeming a disability these days. I have said this on here before I have met 3 different vets that gamed the system and seem to be proud of it. So if just myself have met 3 here in the panhandle how many do you think are out there that did the same?

What's priority 8 classification?

dumpcare

Here's all the grouping:

Priority Group 1
Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 50% or more.
Veterans assigned a total disability rating for compensation based on unemployability.

Priority Group 2
Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 30% or 40%.

Priority Group 3
Veterans who are former POWs.
Veterans awarded the Purple Heart Medal.
Veterans awarded the Medal of Honor.
Veterans whose discharge was for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 10% or 20%.
Veterans awarded special eligibility classification under Title 38, U.S.C., § 1151, “benefits for individuals disabled by treatment or vocational rehabilitation.”

Priority Group 4
Veterans receiving increased compensation or pension based on their need for regular Aid and Attendance or by reason of being permanently Housebound.
Veterans determined by VA to be catastrophically disabled.

Priority Group 5
Nonservice-connected Veterans and noncompensable Service-connected Veterans rated 0%, whose annual income and/or net worth are not greater than the VA financial thresholds.
Veterans receiving VA Pension benefits.
Veterans eligible for Medicaid benefits.

Priority Group 6
Compensable 0% Service-connected Veterans.
Veterans exposed to ionizing radiation during atmospheric testing or during the occupation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Project 112/SHAD participants.
Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam between January 9, 1962 and May 7, 1975.
Veterans who served in the Southwest Asia theater of operations from August 2, 1990, through November 11, 1998.
Veterans who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, as follows:
Veterans discharged from active duty on or after January 28, 2003, for five years post discharge

Priority Group 7
Veterans with incomes below the geographic means test (GMT) income thresholds and who agree to pay the applicable copayment.

Priority Group 8
Veterans with gross household incomes above the VA national income threshold and the geographically-adjusted income threshold for their resident location and who agrees to pay copays
Veterans eligibility for enrollment: Noncompensable 0% service-connected and:
Subpriority a: Enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date and/ or placed in this subpriority due to changed eligibility status.
Subpriority b: Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009 whose income exceeds the current VA National Income Thresholds or VA National Geographic Income Thresholds by 10% or less
Veterans eligible for enrollment: Nonservice-connected and:
Subpriority c: Enrolled as January 16, 2003, and who remained enrolled since that date and/ or placed in this subpriority due to changed eligibility status
Subpriority d: Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009 whose income exceeds the current VA National Income Thresholds or VA National Geographic Income Thresholds by 10% or less
Veterans not eligible for enrollment: Veterans not meeting the criteria above:
Subpriority e: Noncompensable 0% service-connected
Subpriority g: Nonservice-connected

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum